Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers

Best lip scrub

My lips are always so dry but lately has been extra painful. Favourite lip scrub (home remedies also welcomed!) and goooo!

Re: Best lip scrub

I came back from vacation 3 weeks ago and my lips were a mess, mostly from scuba diving and the combo of dry air (from diving), salt water, and sun.  They were bleeding and scabbed over, so I had to first get that to stop.  Aquafor lip repair helped, and I used YSL Glossy stains for color on my lips -- I'd used them in the past and they're amazing; I just forgot to take one on the trip.

Once the active wounds were closed I started using the Laneige night lip mask.  That is the most amazingly wonderful thing I've tried.  My lips now look better than they have in years.  So amazing that I think I'm getting some pigment back in an area that I thought I'd permanently lost it.  I know that sounds unbelievable, but I've never used something like this before.  I don't even feel the need for a scrub, although I've used the Fresh one a couple of times.

I got a sample size in an Allure beauty box and I've already bought the set with a full size and 3 mini sizes.  I don't ever want to be without this again.

Hi @Snglbugm,

I recommend the BITE BEAUTY - Agave Sugar Lip Scrub paired with the fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy 0.3 oz/ 10 mL. I do this routine 3-4 times a week and it leaves my lips smooth and very soft. Hope this helps!

Best,

Rebecca 

2 amazing products. Now I must try them all in the same d...

2 amazing products. Now I must try them all in the same day!!! Both are life for my lips. 👄

RE: Best lip scrub

I really love the lip scrubs from LUSH, they’re cheaper than probably anything you’d find at Sephora, and are natural, handmade, and cruelty free! Bubblegum is my favourite

I have a few suggestions for you depending on what kind of lip scrub and price range you are looking for! 

Too Faced Peach Lip Scrub - Peaches and Cream Collection 0.51 oz/ 14.5 g

this lip scrub is is super moisturizing without the rawness of a straight sugar scrub, it has more of a creamy consistency, not to mention it smells amazing if you're into peaches and I'm really into packaging and this product is super cute. I like to pair it with the TOO FACED - Peach Mega Moisture Lip Balm - Peaches and Cream Collectionwhich I apply after.

each retail for $17

JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS - Velour Lip Scrub 

this scrub contains mostly sugar which makes it perfect for getting rid of dead skin, it has a gritty consistency with a bit of an oily texture which makes my lips feel like they have just been stripped and are brand new after using. I wish this scrub had a little more moisture but it definitely gets the job done. I like to apply the KOPARI - Coconut Lip Glossy $12 (the no color one) afterwards. The lip scrub also comes in multiple yummy flavors, some of my favorites are "blue raspberry sucker", "watermelon gum", "pancakes and syrup", "strawberry gum", and "lemon icebox cookies". 

retails for $12 on jeffreestarcosmetics.com

LUSH COSMETICS - Lip Scrub

this scrub is chalk full of sugar but is combined with jojoba oil, which gives it a more blended sugar consistency on the lips. its not as harsh as the Jeffree Star lip scrub and not as moisturizing as the Too Faced lip scrub. so it really depends what consistency you like. works well, but doesn't leave lips feeling amazing afterwards. comes in a range of flavors, my favorite is bubblegum and popcorn. unfortunately the popcorn is discontinued.

retails for $10.95 on lushusa.com

if you are looking up lip scrubs on sephora and happen to come across the "sephora collection lip balm and scrub" retailing for $6, most of them are just a balm, not a scrub, I bought a few of the enticing flavors, excited that I was getting a two in one for such a reasonable price, but there are minor sugar crystals in only two of the flavors and I wouldn't even call it a "scrub". the balms are moisturizing but don't last long on the lips.

hope this helps 🙂 

RE: Re: Best lip scrub

Wow. Thank you so much for the thought you put into that. Super informative!

Hi @Snglbug I would definitely recommend the Laneige lip sleeping mask. It keeps my lips feeling moisturized & super soft. Hopefully this helps out for you.

this lip mask is pretty good! I give it a 4 out of 5! sme...

this lip mask is pretty good! I give it a 4 out of 5! smells great!

Re: RE: Best lip scrub

I agree!  The Laniege mask is awesome on my dry lips and smells/tastes good too 🙂

Thanks!

Hi @Snglbug,

I love the ILIA - Balmy Nights.It really removes the dead skin and leaves your skin so soft! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you!

My favorites are the Sara Happ Lip Scrub and the Fresh Sugar Lip Scrub.

I second that, I’m still working on my Sara happ creme brûlée. I pair it with the lip slip before I go to bed and it leaves my lips super soft in the morning. Love it! Wish they would sell this brand at Sephora. I’m really liking the Sugar lip wonder drops for the day under lip products.

Thank you!

@Snglbug

If you are looking for a moisturizing and creamy lip scrub, I suggest Too Faced Peach Lip Scrub or Clinique Sweet Pots (which also has a balm on the other side of the pot).

If you want an intense scrub, I suggest LUSH scrubs or Fizz & Bubble Scrubs (at Ulta).

I agree with others about the Laneige Lip Mask.  I'm also a huge fan of Sara Happ Lip Slip. 

Good luck! ❤️ 

Thank you!

One really awesome inexpensive option is Sephora Collection's lip scrub! It comes in a stick form which is super convenient, and I love the Honey scent (I think there's a second one out now, I believe in Kiwi). The scrub is also encased in a great lip balm formula that helps my chronically dry and chapped lips feel hydrated long after I take the scrub off. I think it's $8 CAD, which is great value.

I prefer my scrubs on the gentler side so another good option on that front is the Agave scrub from Bite Beauty (NOT their OG cherry scrub, which many people did not like). I find it sufficiently exfoliating while still being a bit hydrating. 

@Snglbug I like using Fresh Sugar Lip Polish at least once a week.  After I have scrubbed my lips I like to put Laniege Lip Sleeping Mask, Tatcha Lip Balm, or Kiehl's Buttermask Repair Lip Treatment before I go to bed.  In the daytime I use Kopari Lip Balm or MAC Lip Conditioner to keep my lips hydrated.

@Snglbug,

I second the Laneige sleeping mask! I am almost out of mine and I noticed that we also have a set that includes other flavors. I really love the smell of it too, smells like berries.

https://www.sephora.com/product/kiss-make-up-set-P436691?icid2=products%20grid:p436691:product

❤️ Melissa
Conversation Stats
testing