Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Any redheads out there wear red lipstick???๐Ÿ’„

Okay so I am a natural redhead. I have auburn hair with green eyes. I have started to wear red lipstick lately and get lots of feedback....lol if you are a redhead what is your ride or die red lip??? Would love to hear๐Ÿ˜Š

RE: Any redheads out there wear red lipstick???๐Ÿ’„

Iโ€™m a red head with green eyes. My hair is more of a gingerly shade. I enjoy wearing red lipsticks. It all goes to finding the shades that complement my skin tone and agree with my specific hair color. My go-to are YSL Le Rouge (1), YSL Rouge Rose (52), and Lancรดme Retro Rouge.

Re: Any redheads out there wear red lipstick???๐Ÿ’„

As a red hair, I also swear by Besame Lipstick, in Red Velvet and my oh so favorite Victory Red (which I'm hoping they get back at Sephora).  I also like the classic Mac in Ruby Woo and Russian Red, as well as Nars in Cruella. But really, nothing beat Besame in term of formula..Not drying at all, doesn't transfert when using the apply-blot-reapply technique.

I'm not a red head, but I recently tried the Pretty Vulgar my lips are sealed liquid lipstick in the shade scandalous! It is has a really dope metallic finish that gives a different edge and look than just a regular matte liquid lip! 

Hi @balmainbella! I went red red red and I love rocking all different shades of red lipstick. I think the most important thing is to chose a red tone that suits your skin tone. To me, having red hair doesnโ€™t clash with the red lips I chose. I wore things from muted reds, to intense red red, to vampier reds. They all worked on me ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I LOVE red lipstick as a redhead! I use the Stunna Lip Paint, Urban Decay Vice lipstick in 714 (if I want something a little brighter), the Sephora cream lip stain in 01, and a few Maybelline ones (Dynamite Red and Smoking Red, and Matte Ink in Voyager) as my go to red lips. 

Anonymous Insider

Red lip looks Great ! ๐Ÿ’‹

Anonymous Insider

Yes Riverdales Cheryl Blossom really makes a statement with her Red Lip ! ๐Ÿ’‹

I'm more of a ginger color than auburn, and I just started buying some red lipsticks.  I love this "rusty red" by Colourpop in Who Run This.  I tend to wear reds on the warm side, but I am interested in trying a more blue red.  I just hate when a red lip looks pink on me

RE: Re: Any redheads out there wear red lipstick???๐Ÿ’„

I have had really great luck with โ€˜Ruby Wooโ€™ retro red by Mac. Itโ€™s a true red. Not too orange and not too blue. Just right. I like to go pretty bright though. Another good one that I get compliments all the time is โ€˜Dragon Girlโ€™ by NARS. That one is a siren red. It may look crazy bright but when on the lips it brings the face together and gives you a โ€œglowโ€ itโ€™s friggen fantastic!

I find that red lip color is terrific for redheads too !!

Hi @balmainbella!

I don't consider myself much of a true redhead, since my hair is a very deep auburn, but I loove red lipstick. My sister has very red hair and she likewise loves to wear red lipstick! 

There are many shades that I love - but one we can both agree on as being one of our all-time favourites is Besame's Red Velvet. But really, I think Besame has many great red lipstick shades!

https://www.sephora.com/product/classic-color-lipstick-P395669?skuId=1702661&icid2=products%20grid:p...

For a warmer-orange matte shade, I love Tom Ford Flame. It looks more orange on some people, but it still pulls fairly red on me:

https://www.sephora.com/product/lip-color-matte-P416222?skuId=1920461&icid2=products%20grid:p416222

RE: Re: Any redheads out there wear red lipstick???๐Ÿ’„

I have never heard of Besame..just looked up the brand and the shades of red are absolutely insane!! Ahh!! So beautiful! I love a satin lipstick that goes on matte. The only thing that I could find like that was NARS Satin lip pencil. It gets tiring after awhile because you have to use a makeup pencil sharpener. And the pencil is a whooping like 38 dollars! Yikes. I will deff try the Besame brand. Love a classic red lip plus there are a nice range of reds to choose from:)
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
testing