Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Any longwear lipstick recommendations? Primers and sealers?

Hi! I’m really looking for the best way to get my lipstick to stay and not get on everything. I usually use colourpop liquid lipsticks (Matte Bumble is my fave), but no matter what I do, no matter the brand, it starts to flake off and look like crap in almost an hour. I’ve tried everything. I moisturize my lips (Aquaphor, Burt’s bees, you name it), scrub them with Lush’s mint lip scrub to get rid of dead skin, have used primer (usually Maybelline Baby skin) to try to help it stay, filled my lips in with anti feathering lip liner or matching lip liner before applying, used sealants from both covergirl and maybellines that come with their lipsticks, used translucent powder, AND all of these in various combos or on their own. And also just none at all. But nothing works. Any advice? As much as I like lip tints, but I always manage to somehow mess them up and get them on my skin, plus I hate when it takes forever for it to come off, as I am usually left with a ring around the edge of my lips (which also won’t come off and I look like an insane person). Any and all recommendations are welcome! Especially if you know of some sort of lipstick sealer that will actually make it stay! I’m not a huge lipgloss girl, though, and probably should mention that (those Victoria’s Secret lip glosses as a pre-teen/young teen scarred me lol).

Re: Any longwear lipstick recommendations? Primers and sealers?

I've had the same problem. I've tried Pat McGrath Labs lipstick because it had good reviews and other expensive lipsticks but was disappointed. Believe it or not, I've had the best results with Sephora Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick. I just seal it with Charlotte Tilbury setting powder and spray. SEPHORA COLLECTION Cream Lip Stain Liquid Lipstick 

I use NYX lip primer. I can really tell a difference in my lipstick wear time when I don’t wear it. 

Though it's not at Sephora, I highly recommend the MAC Prep and Prime lip primer. It really extends the wear on my lipstick. I'd also recommend Pat McGrath Matte Trance lipsticks. Good wear on those.

@AnnieMarie93  I’ll second @sprocketta’s recommendation. MAC Prep + Prime Lip is the only lip primer that works for me, and I’ve tried many (Bite, Urban Decay, Make Up For Ever, etc.). I apply lip balm, give it a couple minutes to absorb, then blot off any excess. Then I apply this lip primer and give it 2 minutes to set before applying any lipstick or liner. I ALWAYS use this primer with liquid mattes, otherwise I can’t wear them (too drying for me). 

I also use MAC’s lip primer to stop a few serial bleeder lipsticks. Rather than apply it to my lips, I outline my lips to create an invisible primer barrier. This works for a lot of glosses, liquid satins, and cream/satin bullets that tend to bleed/feather a lot (*ahem* Bite bullets). 

@AnnieMarie93 I shall introduce you to your new best friend and hardly ever talked about product Urban Decay Ultimate Ozone Multipurpose Primer Pencil 0.10 oz/ 3 g

@GG84 I bought this recently based on a previous rec of yours.  I can't wait to try it!  

@greeneyedgirl107 It is my favourite!!! It’s so multi purpose! The cap can be a bit finicky, I find myself cursing at it to ‘just stay on!!’ but I’ve solved that problem. They are hit or miss with the cap, if yours falls off, let me know I’ll tell you how to fix it 😂

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing