Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Allergic to Huda Beauty Silk Balm

Did anyone else have an allergic reaction on the lips wearing Huda beauty hydra-plumping silk balm? I recently got a mini version from Sephora using points and decided to use it, and my lips are EXTREMELY swollen, cracked, and peeling, and I mean EXTREMELY BAD. I've stopped using it for two days straight now, but my lips are very sensitive to temperatures and food spices and are constantly burning and peeling. The mini, however, doesn't have any ingredients on the label. Can anyone who has or is going through the same help a girly out with remedies or product information on the balm so I can figure out what's inflaming my lips. Thanks💋 #hudabeauty  #hydraplumping #Silkbalm #LipAllergy

Re: Allergic to Huda Beauty Silk Balm

Hi @IcedbyAsia. Sorry that you experienced a bad reaction! Was it the nourishing and hydrating balm? or one that is d/c'd? 

Best to hydrate with plain H20, avoid alcohol and diuretics. Use a plain Balm with mild ingred., ie. with Vit. E, Coconut, Sunflower, Shea Butter or similar ingred. I've used plain vit.E oil, plus balm over.

Also Aquaphor is often praised here in BIC for its restorative qualities.

>> see also 'Best Lip Balm?' thread- many answers there! Best of Luck!

I had an unpleasant reaction, but not major, to a Tower 28 gloss. I figure its formula just doesn't work with my pH.

Neither it's a mini tube of the Hydra-plumping lip balm in the shade “blush.”

@IcedbyAsia. That particular product seems to be d/c'd. It is not on HUDA website either. A blog has a Review from early 2020, with Ingredients listed:

makeupmuddle (dot) com

huda-beauty-silk-hydra-plumping-lip-balm/

Sorry you had burnt Points on it. I burnt Points on a couple of things that caused spots, so I hear ya.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 😭❤️

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing