Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

Allergic reaction to Huda Beauty Silk Balm

I have had a severe allergic reaction to the Huda Beauty Silk Balm. My lips were extremely swollen with blisters after wearing it. I am positive it was this product. Iโ€™ve never had this happen before with any beauty product. Iโ€™m wondering if anyone else has had this issue with the Silk Balm. I read that many have had issues with their eyeshadows in the past. Would love to know the exact ingredient causing this. Has anyone else had the same experience with this product?

Re: Allergic reaction to Huda Beauty Silk Balm

Iโ€™m so happy to finally find a post like this! I bought a brand new Huda beauty liquid matte lipstick in the color bombshell, I have a lipstick different color same brand bought at the same time. I wore the lipstick in bombshell for the very first time Wednesday and now? My lips are burned and chapped and peeling! Never have I had a reaction like this before and it is so painful! I wore the lipstick all night and it only reapplied it once but when I took it off I had red irritation bumps and it has progressively gotten worse since. 

HUDA BEAUTY Liquid Matte Lipstick 

I have had the same reaction, I just a new one, and the same thing happened I am so sad, but the first bottle never made me allergic so I am not sure what is happening.

Iโ€™ve had this product for a little while and stopped using it until last week and then I remembered why I stopped using it. I have an allergic reaction to it. Right now my lips blew up like I have fillers, became very chapped, and burning sensations. I remember the last time I used it, it was way worse my lips were blistered and peeling i was embarrassed and didnโ€™t want to go anywhere because i know people are judgy it was just horrible. 

I also had the same problem with HUDA BEAUTY Silk Balm Hydrating and Nourishing Lip Balm Blush and have only ever had this happen with NARS Satin Lipstick Pencil emphasis on the satin because their velvet matte does not do this. I thought I had nailed down the ingredient causing it, but now I am not so sure. It is definitely Allergic contact cheilitis and it is very painful. 

I literally feel the same way. I just bought it a few weeks ago and Iโ€™ve only used it twice but now Iโ€™m convinced that it is from this product. The other lipgloss didnโ€™t do this which sucks. Probably will need to throw it away but I may try to reach out to them. 

I donโ€™t know what happened but I was loving the silk balm it made my lips look luscious and creamy. I stopped using it a few months ago because itโ€™s expensive and I wanted this tube to last for a while. So I picked it up again and I noticed My lips were burning and now theyโ€™re swollen! I canโ€™t believe it. I think the tube was starting to get old way too quick because this product has never given me an allergic reaction. I wonโ€™t buy it again 

I had the exact same problem!!! I love it though and I may potentially buy it again and if I break out right away from it's use I am sure I can return it.

I had it for months just fine but after awhile this happened to me also.. it's like the product has something in it that when it sits to long changes the chemical balance with in it. And I've noticed many people complain this happened to them.  I thought most lip products were supposed to be good for a year. 

I had the same allergic reaction to this product - two different times after use. My lips blew up - were incredibly swollen - and burned. Then for about a week after, they shriveled up, continued to burn and then chap and peel off. 

This has happened to me too. I searched to see if anyone else has had the same problem. My lips have gotten swollen with after using it, followed by days of extreme burning dryness.

@hotmess124  IDK about the Huda, but I know this was an issue with Bite's products because of the lanolin (which comes from sheep). Lanolin is super hydrating, curative, and is a high value ingredient in lip products generally, but obviously it's very bad for people with a wool/sheep allergy.

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
testing