Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Lip Lovers
|

44 yrs Young and Cant keep lips Moist

Ok, I can admit... I hv an addiction to keeping a lip balm on me 24hours. But its merely due to the dryness of lips♡ so, lets go with good, everyday lip balms. Yes, i exfoliate like I do my face... I know the ones to avoid w ingredients that wisk away natural oils...Ive had cheap to expensive..nothing holds! Lets see the response ? 

I also have very dry lips and always looking for a better...

I also have very dry lips and always looking for a better lip balm because mine don't last but maybe a week. The absolute BEST I have ever used is Fresh Lip Balm. You will fall in love immediately! Good luck!👄

RE: 44 yrs Young and Cant keep lips Moist

I use the Tarte lip facial at night and Supergoop balm during the day which has SPF in it. I also like Nuxe Reve de Miel when I need something even more nourishing, you can find it at Target. Also, stay well hydrated💦

Re: 44 yrs Young and Cant keep lips Moist

Lancome Lip Gloss

and another coat right before bed,

if you can get the Lancome Juicy Lip Gloss (not the Shakers) use this one before bed, nest morning your lips will love you;

keep doing that for a few days and you'll love your lips

Related image

I Second The bite agave lip mask I use this every day mine is Candy apple and it’s not really a red - red is not in my color wheel - it’s a very light color and I love it it’s very thick so you only need a tiny amount of product this is gonna last me well over a year.

I highly recommend the Bite Agave Lip Mask. I have never used a more moisturizing lip product. You can buy it clear or in one of 3 tinted shades. The tiniest amount lasts for hours!

Jack Black's Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 is super dope!! The cocoa butter or shea butter ones are dope!! I'm in high, drying, heat (heater is on), and I use at night. It's really good. 

@puckeys I'm 43 and feel like i've tried EVERYTHING from drugstore to high end luxury in search of something that doesn't dry out or make my lips peel.  My lips are always dry and chapped no matter what!  My absolute favorite lip product I've found over the years is IT Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum.  I buy them in bulk when Ulta has a sale and carry them with me everywhere, as well as keep one in my bathroom to use both morning and night.

It's the only thing I've tried that consistently keeps my lips soft.  You know that feeling when you've reapplied a lip product throughout the day and it works at first but over time you notice your lips drying out?  This one never does that.  In fact it softens my lips so much over a day that I can easily exfoliate with a napkin.  I would totally just use it as a treatment but luckily the shade Love also happens to be my perfect MLBB so it's with me morning, day, and night.  Hands down the most hydrating lip product I've ever tried, whether it's pigment or treatment!

IT Cosmetics CC+ Lip SerumIT Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum

@drrragon I will have to try this one out b/c of your glowing endorsement.  I just bought 3 IT Cosmetics lipsticks, but have yet to try them 🙂

@greeneyedgirl107 ooh if you do, let me know how it works for you!  QVC sells them in holiday sets of 3 for $36 that includes 2 sheer-ish ones and 1 red one.  unfortunately i noticed there are only 2 colors in the regular lineup now (there used to be 3)..."love" is a good MLBB shade for me and "live" is a brightish pink.

@drrragon I wore "Naturally Pretty" today.  It was so emollient.  The problem was that the color was too flesh-toned for me, and a little peachy which I wasn't expecting.  Plus, the color did not last long at all.  I also purchased "Live" and "Believe" which I hope to try soon.  

I see IT on QVC all the time and have always wanted to try their products - I agree that Q has amazing value!  Do you get QVC 2 or Beauty IQ?  I don't 😞  I need to call Comcast and complain! 

I was using Eos lip balm for a while, but it was just oka...

I was using Eos lip balm for a while, but it was just okay, had to constantly reapply. However, my life has been changed since Jackie Aina recommended Jack Black Intensive lip balm. I only used maybe three times a day. My lips stay hydrated and don't crack.

Nuxe reve de miel is the one that works for me like a charm

So my honest to goodness answer is that when I brush my teeth at night I brush my lips (to exfoliate them) and apply Vaseline. I've probably done this on and off for the last few years and it seems to make my lips more plump and moisturized by stimulating blood and oxygen flow to them without the irritation of an actual plumper and the Vaseline serves as a moisturizer/moisture lock! It's inexpensive and just two easy steps added to my bedtime routine 🙂 Hope this helps!

I highly recommend Laneige sleeping lip mask.  It works for me.  $20 for a huge jar which i think will last anyone long long time.  It has light strawberry scent that quickly goes away after couple seconds.

Honestly, the best product to keep your lips smith and moisturized is nipple cream. Sounds crazy I know but it really does the job and is safe to use on the lips (or babies wouldn't be able to breastfeed) Lansinoh is a good one

Wow, I would never had thought about nipple cream. I have the same issue - dry lips. Thanks for the info!

Re: RE: 44 yrs Young and Cant keep lips Moist

That's the same ingredient in the bite agave lip masks (which are way more expensive), but they have a nice scent/flavor and some of the tinted colors are nice

RE: Re: RE: 44 yrs Young and Cant keep lips Moist

I ended up buying both the nipple cream and Lanolips. Both do a great job, but nipple cream is way cheaper and much less messy than Lanolips. But keeping both as when my lips get critical, the Lanolips slightly out-perform the other. So thankful I found question and these great answers. I really needed things I could also keep in mind purse. So, yes, I put nipple cream on my lips are work sometimes. Lol.

I wear lip color during the day but like to moisturize at night. I like the Ogee lip conditioner (a little hard to find, sorry!) But also this one from Urban Decay. I put it on at night and it's still on when I get up in the morning, which I find amazing.

https://www.sephora.com/product/rehab-makeup-prep-lip-love-P418596?skuId=1941384&icid2=products%20gr...

I have been recently loving the Kopari Lip Love.
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • IT Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum
testing