Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

yo how come there aren't any groups for asians?

like why isn't there an established group dedicated to finding products that look really good on all sorts of asian skin and faces? i have to go in store to find out that a lot of pink lipsticks end up looking brown on my lips or totally wash them out. 😞 

Re: yo how come there aren't any groups for asians?

@Consonanta makes a great point, but furthermore, what would makeup--particularly colour makeup--that looks good for all Asian people even entail? I am Asian as well, but there is a huge difference between the average East Asian (e.g. Korean, Chinese) vs. Southeast Asian (Indonesian, Filipino) vs. West Asians (Indian, Pakistani). Even within the same ethnic group, e.g. Chinese, there is a ton of variation in skin depth and undertone. Sure, there are some stereotypically Asian features such as monolids, but again, not all or even the majority of Asians have this feature. On the flip side, some features that we consider stereotypically Asian (e.g. almond eyes, a smaller or flatter nose bridge) are not exclusive to Asian people, so it wouldn't make sense to have a group essentially excluding other races from the conversation. 

What is your specific concern? If it is just finding lip colors, search for any of lips thread. There are many of us are Asian with different skin tones posted our looks/lip swatches there. 

Usually members just post their inquiries as a thread like this one if they have concerns regarding their skin tone matching certain products 🙂

To better answer your question @pixelsilk, since I run into the same problem all the time, I noticed that any pink lipstick that has a lot of white base makes me look washed out. Generally, I found that it's important to find shades with more saturation (e.g., KVD Bow n Arrow (unsaturated shade) vs KVD Double Dare (more saturated)) so it doesn't make me look dull and lifeless. 

Some great points have already been made below. I'd also like to add that while this forum is being touted as "new" it is far from it. There is a wealth of knowledge in established threads about various topics. If you have specific questions you can likely find answers by doing a quick search. 

Same reason that there aren't any groups especially for Africans, Europeans, etc. I don't think Sephora wants to bring race into its online community.

I recommend finding an Asian beauty blogger with a similar skin tone as yourself and observing which lipsticks look good on them, then trying them for yourself.

fair enough. i guess i was kinda hoping that sephora would encourage people of similar skin tones and/or racial backgrounds to help each other find cool stuff since it's difficult to really match that foundation shade based on what's described online, or which lipstick shade looks like what's marketed on certain skin tones (even swatch pictures can be deceiving with the lighting and all), etc. thanks for all the replies, everyone, much appreciated! 

You already found the group...

ummmyoufoundit.PNG

This group is for discussion of products from Asia or that incorporate asian beauty trends and techniques.

That is different from what the OP is asking for, which is a group to discuss her type of skintone based on ethnic heritage. 

Anonymous Insider

RIGHT! 😃

did you try a lip stain in pink color ?

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 41 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos1
  • ummmyoufoundit.PNG
testing