Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in K-Beauty
|

any recs for combination skin?

hi!! iโ€™m pretty new to the world of k-skincare (i guess skincare in general heh) and i was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for oily/combination skin types! i want to try some k-skincare products but i donโ€™t know where to start ๐Ÿฅฒ 

any advice is appreciated!! 

Re: any recs for combination skin?

Hi there @hongszn! There's so many great Korean skincare products out there, it's hard to know where to begin. Are there any products that you are currently using in your routine (K-beauty or otherwise) that you really like? Just asking because recommendations can always be made with your current routine / loved products in mind.

Sets are a nice way to test out products from a brand and Sephora has some great sets of Korean skincare products, including these for combination / oily skin:

Just remember that when trying out new products to go slow. That's always a hard one for me to stick to but it really is helpful. I will introduce one new product into my routine for a couple of weeks after doing a patch test on my inner arm. This helps me to know how likely the skin on my face might react to a product. Introducing just one product at a time and giving it time to see how it works is also helpful - it lets you see how the product is working for you and in the event your skin becomes irritated or breaks out, it makes it easier to pinpoint the likely cause of it. 

In addition to the tagged sets, here are some other Korean skincare products that might work well for skin type: 

These are just a few of the K-beauty skincare products at Sephora. There are a host of other great Korean skincare products at other beauty retailers, including Peach & Lily, Soko Glam, and Ohlolly.  

Re: any recs for combination skin?

iโ€™ve been meaning to check some of those products out, especially innisfree!! 

i do have some korean skincare products that i currently use and they have definitely helped, but i do want to expand my horizon and try out something else so i will definitely take a look at your suggestions! most of my korean skincare products come from Esfolio, especially the Esfolio Pure Skin Snail Cleansing Foam. Iโ€™ve been using the Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water and the Biorรฉ Charcoal Cleanser as well. Iโ€™ve tried out a few serums but i can never really figure out which one actually has a good effect on my skin and prevents any breakouts. Iโ€™ve also been looking for a good moisturizer to help avoid much of that oily/greasy feeling 

iโ€™ve never though of doing a patch test on my arm like that but i will definitely give it a try in order to avoid putting anything harmful on my face! 

thank you for the recommendations and help!! 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing