Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

What's your favorite essence?

Essences are an essential part of my skincare routine. From K-Beauty, J-Beauty to my French Pharmacie favs....it's safe to say I love essences! MISSHA FIrst Treatment Essence, NEOGEN Real Ferment Micro Essence, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, Caudalie Vinoperfect Concentrated Brightening Essence, Tatcha The Essence, May Coop Raw Sauce, Cosrx Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence are just a "few" in my arsenal. I love the fermented ingredients in essences as well as added AHA's and the lightweight moisturizing factor underneath my moisturizer. Sometimes I like to layer my essences or incorporate them with toners during the "Seven Skin Method" and a few other methods by Chizu Saeki. What's your favorite essence? Do you prefer "brightening" or moisturizing essences or both? Do you stick with one or do you dabble? Here's some of my favs sold by Sephora: Tatcha The Essence Skincare Boosting Treatment 5.1 oz/ 150 mL, SK-II Anti-Aging Facial Treatment Essence 5.4 oz/ 160 mL, belif Hungarian Water Essence 2.53 oz/ 75 mL SK-II Facial Treatment Essence Karan Singh Limited Edition 7.7 oz/ 230 mL 

RE: What's your favorite essence?

Got to have the Amore Pacific Vintage Single Extract Essence.

So my skin is combo, sensitive with some hormonal acne. I started out using the Cosrx snail mucin essence and now I am finding myself reaching for Hanskin Hyaluron skin essence more. I like my essences unscented because I like to layer them. Skin essences have taken my skin from tight and oily in the afternoons to dewy and plump.
Anonymous Insider

Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence! So moisturizing!

I have to say the erborian Dong Baek essence is one of my favourites for the winter whenever the harsh Canadian cold is sucking up all the moisture in my skin 😅

Re: What's your favorite essence?

I’ve only used the May Coop Raw Sauce so far and I quite like it.  My skin feels more hydrated and I like the smell of the product.  To be honest, I’m not sure if it’s doing much though.  Some days I skip it and my skin doesn’t seem any worse.  I have a bottle of the SK-II waiting in the wings so I’m glad to hear that it’s one that people tout.

Such a good question! I find essences to be the most important step in my skincare...which means I have tried so many products. Currently, I am using the Saturday Skin Freeze Frame Beauty Essence during the day and Etude House's Moistful Collagen at night because I need way more hydration, especially in the winter. And, for "whitening," I use Mizon's Mela Defense essence a few times a week. ps Does anyone know of any plumping essences worth trying?

I love Hada Labo skin plumping gel cream. Not an essence but extremely lightweight. I apply after serum and before moisturizer. I use day and night. No issues under makeup!

I use essences primarily for hydration. I know essences offer a lot of other benefits other then hydration like brightening but I use a vitamin C serum for that. I have combo but mostly dry skin so hydration is the most important component when I'm looking for an essence. My favs are Hanskin Hyaluron Skin Essence, Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence, and the Whamisa Organic Flowers Deep Rich Essence Toner.

Love love love the cosrx mucin essence! The belif Hungarian water essence is also very hydrating and soothing

@SportyGirly125 I love all of those too!! Plus some 😉

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing