Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

So we know that in a Kbeauty routine, we must always apply sunscreen during the day (even if it’s cloudy). It also helps keep out serum from oxidizing and our skin from getting dark spots from the sun. What is your favorite sunscreen based on your skin type (oily, dry, acne-prone, ect.) Mine is Dr.Jart+’s Sunny Fluid 30 SPF.
Tags:

Re: What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

I've been using the elta uv clear and neocutis journee! Love both and have acne prone skin.

EltaMD UV Clear..contains Niacinamide and good for acne-prone skin.  If I'm wearing a lot of makeup, then I'll skip EltaMD and use SUPERGOOP! - Defense Refresh (Re)setting Mist SPF 40instead

Hello!

Every time I travel back to Taiwan to visit my grandma, I pick up like 3 bottles of Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50 to use and to gift! I love this product so much and have been using it for years. It sinks into the skin really well and layers under anything! You can get it off Amazon or any other asian website! I'm combination, but my sisters who are oily and dry both love this product too. It truly works for any skin type!

It's definitely more expensive online, but it lasts so long. I have a smaller version than the ones they sell now and it has lasted me around a year, and I wear it almost every day! It's also PA++++, meaning if you are looking to not get tanned, this product is great for preventing that! But if you are looking to get that summer glow I would say avoid this product. 

71a8sAyfBnL._SX355_.jpg

@Alexiana I’ve tried many sunscreens but my fave is still the Biore UV Aqua Rich. same as @gabrellie , I stock up when I go to Asia.

I tried Etude House sunprise mild watery light but it left a white cast. Now i'm using Biore UV aqua rich watery essence and have no problems whatsoever. 

RE: What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

I love the SuperGoop Sunscreen Mousse. It’s light and airy when pumped out and goes on like a water layer. It feels great (invisible) under makeup. No white residue on face. Not greasy and creamy, which I love in summer humidity. I live in South Florida and you can literally feel your creams and makeup melting off your face in the bathroom as the humidity permeates even the inside of houses!!

I have oily skin and I’ve been using the Neogen one. So far so good. It doesn’t give me white cast, absorbs nicely, and doesn’t break me out. I was surprised how lightweight it is on my skin. I’m in the Midwest, so I guess the true test will be once summer rolls around and it protects my face from getting sunburned! 

RE: Re: What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

I agree with you. I use Neogen sunscreen and I really love it. It is really light on your skin.

I was using LRP Anthelios, but my foundation was recently...

I was using LRP Anthelios, but my foundation was recently discontinued so I've switched back to a CC cream since I struggle to find matching shades. I actually really like it so far. My skin is normal but trending dry nowadays.

What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

missa(the ones in the tubes are for oily and the ones for dry are in the bottles)

Mine is in Dr Jart’s Cicapair color correcting cream. A serious life saver because it serves as an extremely light foundation for me (I’m pale).

Re: RE: What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

I am loving the Make P:rem Blue Ray Sun Gel, I have oily but dehydrated skin and this is perfect for the winter for me right now.FAEDFA8C-676E-4484-9065-B3BECE90DDFE.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

The only sunscreen I always have is La Roche Posay Anthelios SPF 30. It is the one that I will wear for it is light and non greasy and does not break out my combo acne skin. A bit pricey, but worth it, and I usually wait when there is a sale at CVS or other beauty sites I go to that sell this. Highly recommend it.

My sunscreen isn't k-beauty but it works great. The Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Moisture Defense Lotion doesn't leave my skin dry, its hydrating. It makes a great primer and it gives me a really dewy glow that lasts all day for my combo skin. It may feel greasy for some if you just wear it by itself but under Dr. Jart BB cream and Bare Minerals and any finishing powder(I use Bare Minerals), it sits perfectly without a greasy feeling. Instead it feels hydrating and moist.

Shiseido spray sunscreen 45

Neogen sunscreen. I am 4 tubes deep.

My favorite spf is actually in my primer. I use Cane+Austin prime and protect. It’s a mattifying primer that has spf 50! It also has a tiny to it. I use it under my makeup and alone allll the time! It’s definitely my Holy Grail.

Re: RE: What is your go-to sunscreen for your skin type?

I just checked that out with Cosdna for their ingredient list. It has some pretty good UVB/UVA protection. Nice!!!
http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_d3a1287596.htmls1829407-main-zoom.jpg

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • s1829407-main-zoom.jpg
  • FAEDFA8C-676E-4484-9065-B3BECE90DDFE.jpeg
  • 71a8sAyfBnL._SX355_.jpg
testing