Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

What is the best primer for oily skin?

So far I've tried the Smashbox photo finish (fail), Hourglass mineral veil (okay), and Becca evermatte (too hard to work with, and it balls up).

RE: What is the best primer for oily skin?

I find that the farsali liquid powder is a great primer. Creates a really great barrier between the skin and foundation.

I actually returned to Becca evermatte after a Sephora employee taught me to apply it with a dash of oil-free moisturizer. It works like a charm now

Re: What is the best primer for oily skin?

Estee lauder the Mattifier is the best that I have found. 

Smashbox photofinish original was a total fail for me. Always made me MORE oily and made makeup a total mess. I have found that their photofinish LIGHT to be so much better. I pair it with the purple pores primer that they have, and it works pretty well. Another alternative is the elf blemish control primer (comes in a green bottle but the product is actually white). I think it has some salicyclic acid in there, which works awesome for my oily skin and is surprisingly really good, especially for the price. Makeup Forever step 1 mattifying primer is really heavy duty stuff. I think it is equivalent to the becca one... you just pat it sparingly over your oily areas. That stuff is no joke!

I know what you mean about the Becca evermatte primer. Try mixing the primer with moisturizer or sunscreen to avoid the white marks. That has made a world of a difference for me.

Re: RE: What is the best primer for oily skin?

If you just want to spot-treat particular oily areas, another method is to wait until after you've applied all your make-up (except powder), warm up a tiny amount of the Becca primer between your fingertips, and lightly tap it over your trouble areas. It will leave a white cast if you put on too much, so it takes some practice, but this is the only product (and method) I've found for preventing my nose from getting oily and shiny after a couple of hours. This method keeps oil at bay late into the afternoon for me.

Re: RE: What is the best primer for oily skin?

Thank you!! I'll try that. 

Cover FX matifying primer and Benefit porefessial. 

Same! Though I stuck with the Becca because it does work for a few hours more than the others (but putting it on is a nightmare as it goes into white strips you have to wash off and try to reapply...). I tried a setting spray instead and then in addition to Becca but no change noticed. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing