Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

Hi everyone! Newbie to K beauty and feeling overwhelmed. What’s your k-skin care routine (daytime/nighttime) , favorite products you use and in what order? Like what is an essence good for ? When should one use it?
Anonymous Insider

Re: Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

Hello! My kbeauty skin care routine is quite long. But for a simple routine you can shorten the steps. 

1) Make up remover (cleansing gels, cream, oil, etc. Depending on your skin type) 

2) Double Cleanse is very important (very foamy cleanser for oily skin, mild milky texture for dry/sensitive skin) 

**Exfoliate every 2 times a week! 

3) Toner to balanced out the pH level on your skin

4) Serum (I like to add the sheetmasks after putting on the serum so it will penetrate penetrate deeper into the skin) 

5) Cream (light weight, oil-free, non comedogenic for oily skin type. Heavy for dry skin.)

6) Sunscreen is very important every single day whether it's sunny, cloudy or rainy. 

Also it's good to use different kinds of masks (modeling, clay, peel-off, bubble mask, etc.) 😊

If you want to know more follow me on IG 😁 Beautifygonia

RE: Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

The General-ish Routine •Cleansing 1. Point cleansing (eyes and lips) 2. Oil cleanser aka the Makeup Remover (could use a cream cleanser if you prefer) 3. Water based cleanser aka Cleansing of the Skin •Skincare 1.1Exfoliating (not every day) 1. Toner* 2. Essence* *this can vary, if you have a 'first treatment' essence then you would use that first right after cleansing 3. Serum aka ampoule (ampoules are even more concentrated generally but really? they are the same) 4. Eye Cream 5.Cream 6. Spot treatment ~Sheet mask can be put anywhere. Generally I put it at/after the essence or serum step. You can even put it totally last and do it after the cream step as a way to seal all your previous skincare in. It's up to you! Of course you tailor it to yourself (forinstance, I cleanse my skin pretty well and my skin itself is alright so I don't use a toner and go straight to essence, and I also will sometimes use a spot treatment before cream and just avoid that area, and I like my eye cream before my face cream but some prefer the opposite). I would really advise AGAINST going full in though. Changing up your skincare products and routine suddenly will really make your skin freak out. Start with one product at a time, see how your skindoes, and after 2 weeks or so you can try a new product/step. My routine goes •Cleansing 1. Garnier micellar water (waterproof) for point cleansing [if needed] 2. The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Oil (light version) 3. DermaE Very Clear Acne Cleanser •Skincare 1.1 Pixi Glow Tonic 1. Skinfood Honey Propolis Essence 2. Hada Labo Anti-Aging Hydrator 3. Dr. Dennis Gross collagen eye cream 4. Vanicream cream 6. Cosrx centella asiatica blemish cream & Mario badescu drying lotionExcept for the eye cream they're all affordable and easy to obtain! Have fun!!

I don't use all of the steps, for my acne prone skin, eve...

I don't use all of the steps, for my acne prone skin, even 4 or 5 skips is overkill and makes it greasy. In the morning, I use the following in the following order: 1) an oil based cleanser; 2) an essence; 3) a moisturizer. I found that switching to an oil based cleanser and adding an essense (I use SK-II ) has made a huge difference. I don't double cleanse as a second cleanse strips my skin. At night I use: 1) an oilbased cleanser; 2) my prescribed Tretinoin; 3) sometimes a face oil over the Tretinoin if my face is dry. Once or twice a week I skip the Tretinoin and use a brightening sheet mask instead.

oil cleanser (face shop rice cleansing oil) , heimish whi...

oil cleanser (face shop rice cleansing oil) , heimish white clay foaming cleanser , mario b. rose water aloe face mist spray , loreal hydra toner , time revolution essence intensive , sheet mask, rose oil from Sirdar Beauty Bar on etsy, rose moisturizer from the same manufacturer, sleeping mask moistfull collagen

RE: Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

Oil cleanser , foam cleanser , toner, essence, serum, ampoule, emulsion/cream/moisturizer, eye cream, suncscreen(day)/face oil(Night). Missha Night Time revolution ampoule - best night time serum, dewy skin+hydration+plumps up skin+helps with pigmentation in the long run. Snail essence from Benton is great to soothe sensitive /irritated skin. Korean oil cleansers - big fan. Korean sheet masks - big fan. Korean skin essences - big fan. All else - non Korean brands work well too.
Anonymous Insider

You should look into Sokoglam!! The site has curated korean skincare routine sets to buy as a package and they also have a blog with super helpful posts on the korean skincare routine and various products. 😊

This is my super simple skincare, but it leaves my skin very hydrated and satisfied! 🙂 Cleanser: Tony Moly's Peach Foam Cleanser Toner: a.c care Bee's Pure Skin Serum: Skin Food's Yuja Whitening Ampoule in Serum Cream: Tatcha Water Cream (technically not k-beauty) Optional Face Mask: Skin Food's Black Sugar and Honey; if you had a long day

Re: RE: Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

Where do you purchase the AC bee beauty?

NemoC wrote:
This is my super simple skincare, but it leaves my skin very hydrated and satisfied! 🙂 Cleanser: Tony Moly's Peach Foam Cleanser Toner: a.c care Bee's Pure Skin Serum: Skin Food's Yuja Whitening Ampoule in Serum Cream: Tatcha Water Cream (technically not k-beauty) Optional Face Mask: Skin Food's Black Sugar and Honey; if you had a long day

I start with the Dr. Jart Dermaclear microfoam cleanser, then use the Microcwater and moisturize with the Water drop moisturizer. For my really red spots I like to use the Tiger grass cream.

I focus on hydration, brightening and fixing hyperpigmentation from acne scars with a mix of Western and Kbeauty brands. It’s important to use ESSENCE because you don’t want your skin to absorb a fraction of serum or moisturizer’s potency, right? Essence softens the skin so that the next step (serum, masks, moistuizers) can SINK into your skin—instead of sitting on top of your skin then cause skin irritation. Kbrands that are listed below: Neogen, Dr.Jart, Klairs, and COSRX. -Day Time- 1. FRESH- Soy Cleanser 2. TATCHA- Oil Cleanser 3A. NEOGEN- Lemon Pads (2x, thorough cleaning and brightening) 3B. TATCHA- Rice Exfoliator (2-3x, gentle) 4. COSRX- Galactomyces Alcohol-Free 5A. TATCHA- Essence 5B. NEOGEN- Ferment Micro Essence 6A. KLAIRS- 5% Vitamin C Serum (For sensitive skin, For minor pigmentation) 6B. COSRX- Triple C Lightning Fluid 20% Vitamin C (Made fresh for every order. Very strong so it may cause inflammation. Test on hand. Combine it with moisturizer to lower acidity) 7... (Sheet Mask, But I do it once a day at night) 8. ...Eye Cream... (Optional) 9. TATCHA- Silk Cream 10.... Night Cream... (Night Only) 11A. TATCHA- Sunscreen 11B. DR.JART- Sunny Fluid Sunscreen (I LOVE IT) -Night Time- Steps 1-6 7... Sheet Mask... Anything with cucumber, lily, niacinimide, vitamin C, licorice root extract or green tea. Steps 8-10 Let me know if you have any questions!

Re: Totally newbie here to K-beauty...asking the experts what’s your skin care routine, products used, and in what order?

Fun post! I don't necessarily use K-beauty items exclusively. Also, I have acne-prone, combination, sensitive skin. 

In the morning:

1. Gentle non-foaming cleanser: La Roche Posay Gentle Cleanser

2. Hydrating toner: Kiehl's Calendula Toner

3. Essence: SK-II or Iope Bioessence

4. Serum: Drunk Elephant Vitamin C Day Serum or Sunday Riley Good Genes

5. Eye cream: SK-II R.N.A. Power Eye Cream

6. Moisturizer/Sunscreen: Dr. Jart Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 

In the evening:

1. Oil cleanser: Shu Uemura Porefinist

2. Gentle non-foaming cleanser: La Roche Posay Gentle Cleanser

3. Gentle exfoliating toner pad: Cosrx Pimple Pad

4. Essence: SK-II or Iope Bioessence

5. Serum: Drunk Elephant Glycolic Night Serum or Sunday Riley Luna

6. Eye cream: SK-II R.N.A. Power Eye Cream

7. Moisturizer: L'Occitane Comforting Cream

Phew. Also, I use a sheet mask when I get out of the shower while drying my hair.

Welcome to the world of kbeauty! This year will be my 8th...

Welcome to the world of kbeauty! This year will be my 8th year using it and it's worked wonders for me. I'll be 31 this weekend and people often say that I look 10 years younger than that. My skin feels amazing and for the first time in years, I feel comfortable going out bare faced. Sadly because of my job, I wear a lot of makeup and so if this sounds like you, here is my skin routine which you may find helpful since the other poster with a detailed response doesn't use much makeup 😃 🌞AM🌞 1. Oil Cleanser 2. Foam Cleanser 3. Cleansing Water 4. Daily Exfoliant 5. Toner (skin refiner) 6. Serum (essence) 7. Anti-aging serum (emulsion) 8. Moisturizer 9. Eye Cream 10. Sunscreen 11. Makeup If I have time, I throw in a face sheet mask between the toner and serum. 🌜PM🌜 1. Makeup Remover 2. Oil Cleanser 3. Foam Cleanser 4. Cleansing Water 5. Daily Exfoliant 6. Toner (skin refiner) 7. Face Sheet Mask 8. Serum (essence) 9. Anti-aging Serum (emulsion) 10. Eye Cream 11. Sleeping Mask / Firming Cream (I alternate between the two each week) Once a week I'll use a normal/deep exfoliator because the daily one is lightweight, which is why it's meant to be used daily. Also, for sheet masks, be sure to choose one that is safe for everyday use if you plan on using it everyday. I love the etude house air therapy 2.0 masks for this purpose as they're low irritant daily use masks. I should also mention that I have combination to dry skin and so with winter at my doorstep (I'm from Toronto), I've been pushing my skin to the limit to see how much hydration it can handle before it breaks out. So far.. it's taking everything I'm throwing at it lol. Then again, the Koreans invented the 10 step beauty routine and so it's not unusual to have so many skin products. For cleansing, they typically use at least 2 in their routine in Asia. I don't choose between makeup remover and oil cleanser, I don't care what people say, they have different jobs and so I use both. I don't believe on products that have double duties.. it's simple math, if a product claims to do both things, they're only doing 50% of each job, I want a product that does 100% of what it's supposed to do, and so I'd rather by 2 products than use 1 that's supposed to do both. I think that that's why people in Asia use so many as well. But anyway, that's just my opinion 😃 As for the recommendations to start slow, absolutely right. Best to introduce one new product to your routine every week (or few days if you wanna rush it) so you know what you reacted to if there's irritation. It's also kinder to your wallet lol. I don't have sensitive skin and so I jumped right into it and did a 5-6 step routine and worked my way up to where I am now. I hope that helps!

I just started KBeauty about 2 months ago. I would try out each new product for a 1-3 days to see if there’s any skin reaction first. I don’t use makeup so I don’t use oil cleansers every morning. General routine: 1. Oil cleanser 2. Water cleanser 3. Exfoliate (2-3x/day) 4. Toner 5. ESSENCE!!! 6. Serum 7. Face/Clay mask (2-3x/day) 8. Moisturizer 9. Eye cream 10. Sunscreen ☀️AM☀️ 1. Water Cleanser 2. Toner 3. ESSENCE!!! 4. Serum 5. Moisturizer 6. SUNSCREEEEEN! 🌙PM🌙 Basically from step 1 to 9. The 8th step is an overnight moisturizer instead of a regular daytime moisturizer.

What products to use will depend a lot on what your skin type is and what concerns you are looking to address. My best advice is to start slowly with a simple routine and then you can build from there. Also, don't put too many new products on your face at one time. If you do that and then have a bad reaction to a product then you won't know which one is the culprit. It's best to introduce new items slowly. 

Do you have a current skincare routine that you are looking to build on or are you starting completely from scratch?

Hi. An essence should give you a boost of hydration. This (watery) step should come after cleansing and toning. Following your essence is your serum, ampoule, and moisturizer (and sunscreen for daytime). If you are going to sheet mask, that would be around your essence step. There aren’t really hard or fast rules to the routine. Generally, thinnest to thickest products should be applied. If you are using more than one product in the same step (for example, two toner), clearest to colored should be done. And, you don’t have to do all steps every day. Understand what your skin needs, and go from there. Good luck!
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing