Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Tatcha snob

Hey guys! I’m trying to find different products to try and would love your advice. I’m obsessed with the Tatcha line and how that makes my skin feel! There’s nothing wrong with any of my Tatcha products and I do not feel like I’m lacking anywhere, but I want to be able to rotate products if I can!  Background on me: I’m a 29 year old nursing student that gets a little too much sun and like to have a routine when it comes to my skin care. My main concerns are aging   Fine line and wrinkles and dark circles under my eyes! Open to all product suggestions! ❤️

Re: Tatcha snob

@katelynmariecee Just to clarify, you posted in the K-beauty group, so are you looking for K-beauty suggestions to replace your current Tatcha products?

Yes please! I realize I should have been more specific on that. I favor the K lines but I'm open to others as well. 

Gotcha. So looking at the list of products you use below- you can easily switch out the rice polish for AmorePacific's Treatment Enzyme Powder Cleanser, since those are pretty much the same product. To replace the essence, I'd look at Missha's Time Revolution FTE. A good replacement vitamin C, in lieu of the violet serum, is Tiam My Signature Source. The AHA in that product is lactic acid, but my preferred lactic acid products are western (like Tatcha) so hopefully someone else will have a good suggestion there. To replace the water cream, I'd suggest either Belif's Moisturizing Bomb or Etude House's Moistfull Collagen Cream. To replace the peony eye cream, I'd suggest The Face Shop's Yehwadam Revitalizing eye cream. Just a few ideas to get started, @katelynmariecee.

Hi @katelynmariecee!

Sunscreen is a definite must!  A popular one is the Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen SPF 40 1.7 oz/ 50 mL.  It wears great under makeup and protects from both UV rays and blue light.  You could also use Fresh Kombucha Antioxidant Facial Treatment Essence 5 oz/ 150 mL to further protect against environmental stressors and blue light.

My mom has been using Shiseido and SK-II products since she was in her 30's and she has amazing skin!  I like it as well and love the Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream 0.51 oz/ 15 mL.

Oooh I haven't heard of the Shiseido line! Are there other products you love? I use the Silk peony right now from Tatcha and like it but I feel like it is one of those I can rotate out easier and not miss. 

@katelynmariecee 

All the products from Shiseido are amazing!  It's a very famous brand in Japan but it's on the gentle side so if you've been using stronger products for a long time, it might not work the best.  It's done wonders for my mom, who hasn't really used products with Retinol and acids.

I like their Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 mL and I'm looking to buy one of their moisturizers.  I buy Shiseido products from the official site when they have GWPs!

I hate to admit it but I should be using gentle products anyway. My skin can be super sensitive to products some times. I'm totally going to check the serum out! Do you typically use it day and night? Thank you for the advice! 

@katelynmariecee

I would say Shiseido is gentle compared to a lot of other brands.  My mom's skin gets sensitive in the winter and she's never had problems with the brand.

For the Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Serum Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 mL, you can use it day and night after cleansing and before moisturizer.  If you're planning on using other serums, they recommend using this one first.

Ah! Perfect! Thank you!!! ❤️❤️

@katelynmariecee Im a new convert to the Tatcha line.  Which of the products are your favorites?  I also use Tata Harper products which I love as well.  

My full rotation is the the rice polish/deep cleanse (depending on if its AM or PM,) essence, Violet serum, water cream, The silk peony. I l also use the pearl treatment for makeup and have the violet mask ask well.  I honestly have-not used anything I hate but I LOVE the rice polish, water cream and violet serum! 

@katelynmariecee I love the rice polish too!  Tata Harper's refreshing cleanser is one that really like using.(Its a very gentle cleanser.  I also use  Tata Harper Regenerating BHA Exfoliating Cleanser 4.1 oz/ 120 mL  is the exfoliating cleanser.  Tata Harper Concentrated Brightening Serum Tata Harper Hydrating & Plumping Hyaluronic Acid Floral Essence 1.7 oz/ 50 mL  Tata Harper Crème Riche Anti-Aging Peptide Night Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. I've also used Tata Harper Nourishing Makeup Removing Oil Cleanser with Squalene and Vitamin E 4.1 oz/ 125 mL.  Although the Tatcha one is just as good and much cheaper.  

Ive heard great things about the Harper line! What do you use? 

@katelynmariecee whats your full rotation of products look like with Tatcha? 

My full rotation is the the rice polish/deep cleanse (depending on if its AM or PM,) essence, Violet serum, water cream, The silk peony. I l also use the pearl treatment for makeup and have the violet mask ask well. 

Ohhh good line up @katelynmariecee !

For cleansers there's the 9wishes rice wash that isn't quite the same as the tatcha one but it's a mild exfoliant and might be a good combo of the rice wash and deep cleanse.

Neogen Real Ferment Micro Essence has the same type of fermentation as Tatcha (saccharomyces) and is really well reviewed. I've only tried a sample but liked it! 

For vitamin C I haven't tried the brightening serum (but I do have a sample in the mail) but I'm using the goodal green tangerine Vita c serum and it's been awesome! 

For the water cream I haven't tried Tatcha's but Ive seen the p:rem micro tension cream listed as a pretty close dupe. Otherwise purito has a deep sea water cream (not sure if it's the same) which I adore.

@SportyGirly125 Great recommendations. 

I didn’t love the smell of drunk elephant c firma the first time around. But I hear mixing their products is ideal so maybe I can find something to cut the smell with! 😊😊

@katelynmariecee @If you don’t like Drunk  elephant other good recommendations are Tatcha Violet-C Radiance Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL ir KORA Organics Noni Bright 12% Vitamin C Serum 1 oz / 30 mL 

Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing