Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Skincare help!

Hi! I've heard of so many good things about K-beauty, and I also want to give it a try. I'm looking for good skincare products. I'm a 16-year-old teenager with normal to dry skin, and I have a little bit of redness, pores, and tiny bumps(?) along my jaw.

Also, does anyone have a skincare routine for someone my age? I currently use a cleanser and moisturizer.

Thank you!

Re: Skincare help!

@sophiasong13 what's the weather where you are? Weird question I know but the products I use in the humid summer change to the chilly winters we have! 

I'm in Ottawa, Canada, so the weather's really hot in the summertime, and really cold in the wintertime.

@sophiasong13 I'm from Toronto and used to work in Ottawa so I know that weather! 

There are tons of cost effective kbeauty options my fav cleanser is the Cosrx good morning low ph cleanser which is like $11. It's a gel cleanser so pretty much anyone can use it. 

For a moisturizer just knowing we are about to to into the winter and entering the time when the air literally hurts your face - I like a thicker ceramide cream and then I'll switch it up to a lighter moisturizer once the spring comes back.  The Cosrx hydrium moisture power enriched cream was my last one that I loved and I'm using the Benton Snail Bee Steam Cream that @quspork mentioned - also great! They should both be around $20.

Also echoing the sentiment of needing a daily sunscreen - Purito has a fantastic chemical and mineral sunscreen depending on your preference for like $24.

Then you can start looking at targeted treatment for any bumps or concerns you might have 😊

I'm pretty sure everything I recommended can be found on Sukoshi or Bambeau which ships in Canada.

Thank you so much! I will definitely check that out.

Are you looking to replace your current cleanser and moisturizer, @sophiasong13 or just add to your current routine?

I would like recommendations for cleanser and moisturizer as well as adding to my current routine. It'd be appreciated if the products are affordable. Thank you!

Some moisturizer options: belif The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb 3.38 oz/ 100 mL, Etude House Moistfull Collagen Cream, Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream

I don't have any specific K-B cleanser recs bc I prefer western ones, so hopefully someone else will chime in with that. But once you have those plus sunscreen in place, you can look at adding a BHA to help with the pores and bumps. CosRx makes a gentle one that would be a good one to start with. @sophiasong13 

Thanks! I really appreciate your help.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing