Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Skincare Product Recommendations

I have a combo skin, and as well as sensitive skin, and the main problem with my skin is when I wash my face my face, when itโ€™s dried up it feels tight. What good products could help me provoke that tightness??

Re: Skincare Product Recommendations

Hi @Yeslxn ! Couple questions for you: 

1. What do you use to wash your face? (Brand + product name, please.) 

2. When you say โ€œwhen itโ€™s dried up it feels tight,โ€ do you mean it feels tight after youโ€™ve done your entire skincare routine? Or do you mean you wash your face, then let your skin dry down completely (and it feels tight then), and then continue with the rest of your skincare routine? 

That info will help me tailor recommendations to your needs. ๐Ÿ™‚ You might just need to switch to a more hydrating cleanser. Or you might be waiting too long after washing your face to apply moisturizer or other products. 

@WinglessOne Hi! 

1. I use the CeraVe renewing SA cleanser 

2.  I wash my face, then let your skin dry down completely and it feels tight then and then continue with the rest of your skincare routine

Thank you for your time!

@Yeslxn  Thanks for the info! That CeraVe cleanserโ€™s a good one. I occasionally use it on my face (I have mostly-dry combo skin) and it dries my skin out if I donโ€™t quickly move on to my next skincare routine step. Try these 2 tweaks to your routine: 

• Donโ€™t let your skin dry down completely after washing. Make sure your skinโ€™s still damp when you move to your next skincare step. I never towel-dry my face after washing; I gently wipe my face with my hands to remove excess water/drips, and then quickly apply my next skincare product.

Caveat: if your dermatologist or other doctor instructed you to apply a skin treatment to dry skin after washing, then follow their instructionโ€”or tell them itโ€™s making your skin feel too tight and ask for their advice. 

• Alternate that CeraVe SA Cleanser with a more hydrating one a few times a week. The SA cleanser contains a low amount of salicylic acid (0.5% if I recall correctly), but some folksโ€™ skin wonโ€™t tolerate even that low % on a daily basis. You might like CeraVe Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser or one of Cetaphilโ€™s cleansers. I actually use CeraVeโ€™s cream-to-foam cleanser as hand soap in my bathrooms because it doesnโ€™t make my hands feel like a desert. 

You can also add things to your routine like a hydrating toner/essence, hydrating mist, or hydrating serum. But you might not need to after trying those 2 tips up there, or at least the first tip. Sounds like your issueโ€™s happening just after your cleanser step, not elsewhere in your routine. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@Yeslxn Are you after k-beauty specifically? LANEIGE Water Sleeping Mask with Squalane 2.3 oz/ 70 mL is really great for your night time routine. For the day time, I use Hado Labo GokuJyun lotion. Itโ€™s not really a lotion, more like a hyaluronic acid serum. I find it comparable to The INKEY List Hyaluronic Acid (HA) Hydrating Face Serum. I used Etude House Soon Jung 2x Barrier Intensive Cream on top of that. It works well and is designed with sensitive skin in mind. 

@JoSometimes  Awesome, thank you so much!! I will definitely take a look of the products youโ€™ve mentioned!! ๐Ÿค—

@Yeslxn I hope you find something that works for you!

@SportyGirly125 Thank you so much!! I will definitely try those products out ๐Ÿ’—

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing