Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Sheet Mask Recommendations?

Hello! I'm a big fan of sheet masks but have mostly been using the ones from the Face Shop since there's one near my house. I'm always super tempted to buy the ones in bulk from random brands on Amazon (attached some pics as examples of the ones I'm talking about) since they have good reviews, but I can't help but be skeptical about if they're actually any good. Do you guys have any recommendations for sheet masks that stand out from the rest? And do any of you have any experience with those random Amazon ones? How often do you guys use sheet masks? Any input would be awesome! Thanks so much in advance! 🙏🏻

RE: Sheet Mask Recommendations?

I say order some and give them a try if the reviews on amazon don’t seemlike they have been paid for. Typically you won’t see anything less than a 5 star review in that case. Normal products will have all types of stars. Based on the photos you shared I’d personally try the top masks, the properties like collagen, vitamin C ext, are the types of ingredients and targeting things I look for in my masks. I’m also the type of person that tries sheet masks ofall price points as long as the ingredient quality is there. So a deal is great to me! I love when my sister would bring be back a bunch of sheet masks from amazing shops in NYC that are so reasonable and are the real K beauty brands we love. It’s so hard to find anything in the Philadelphia area. So these aresome ones I love that I have on hand. Again random price points. Somearedrug store, some Are higher end(Thatcha Dewy-that’s really nice!!!), butI was blessed to get a set in my fab fib fun box. The retinol I was able to store in a box set on sale at Kohl’s randomly. I got those and greentea. But the Hylaronic acid mask is by far my FAVORITE! Im obsessed with HA and how much using my Hanskin Hylaronic acid daily has changed my skin and prevented and repaired fine lines/wrinkles on my face. I have only a few fine lines on my forehead and I just turned 38! Life’s good! Lol I do use about 1-2 face masks a week in the summer and more I’m the dryer months to help hydrate my skin! The lotus and aqua power masks on the left are also amazing. I’d say the aqua mask over the lotus. There are so many brands I’ve tried and have loved over the years. I have a bunch more downstairs but these are just the few I had in my room tograb to share for recommendations. If you want more brands for ideas let me know! Happy shopping!

Re: Sheet Mask Recommendations?

@DeviledLeg I typically use sheet masks about 3x a week. Other than hydration are there other issues you want to address with a mask? I find that my bar is usually set with a boost of hydration, but there are some that offer additional benefits like calming breakouts, reducing redness, added brightness, evening of skintone, etc. 

Others below mentioned some great resources for shops. In addition to what's already listed I would add Ulta, BeautyNetKorea, Peach and Lily, and StyleKorean. I haven't tried the two brands you have pictured, but here are some of my favorites: Leader's, Papa Recipe, Mediheal, Tosowoong, Etude House, L'herboflore, Lovemore, and A'pieu.

Sheet Mask Recommendations?

I've never used any of the brands you listed nor have I ever bought sheet masks from Amazon. I like to buy my sheet masks straight from brand websites that often have discounts and deals when you buy lots of sheet masks. My go-to places are MISSHA, Etude House, and Innisfree. You can also check out Yesstyle website where they carry multiple Korean and Japanese skincare products including all the masks you could look at, and I believe they ship free to U.S. on purchases of $35

Hi @DeviledLeg ! I've never tried masks from those 2 brands—in fact, I don't think I've ever bought sheet masks via Amazon. (I've bought many other things from Amazon but not skincare.) But if you try them, I'd love to hear how they worked out for you! In fact, you might consider sharing your feedback with us in the masking thread: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/2020-Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge-PART-II/m-p/5433327/...

I buy most of my sheet masks from YesStyle, Olive Young, Jolse, and RoseRoseShop. I recently discovered Pink n Blossom and have had good experiences with them so far. I don't order quite as often from Masksheets, Facetory, or Soko Glam, but they're also on my trusted retailers list. I also buy direct from a few brands, especially LuLuLun and JayJun. I used to also buy lots of masks from local boutique shops here in Chicago but, in these pandemic days, I haven't done that in months. And of course, there's always TJ Maxx (Winners in Canada) and Marshalls. Oh, and sometimes Nordstrom Rack and Kohl's have good deals on face masks. 

I normally use sheet masks 4-7 nights a week in fall and winter, stopping once the weather warms up—with the occasional aloe mask after a sweltering hot day. But this year, I've challenged myself to mask all year long so I can use up my sheet mask hoard. I'm also trying to use them in the AM once in a while but honestly, I'm just not a morning sheet masker. 🤣 I do occasionally like to use wash-off masks in the morning, since I can rinse them off during my AM showers. 

I base my mask purchases mostly on ingredients. My combo skin loves cica (centella asiatica), tsubaki oil, aloe, kale, hyaluronic acid, heartleaf, purslane, ceramides, various ferments, and several other ingredients. My face absolutely hates most essential oils, especially lavender oil. I can usually look at a mask's ingredients list and know what it should be able to do—and what it probably can't do, despite its marketing claims. 

Since you mentioned The Face Shop (lucky you, to have a store near your house!), which of those masks are your favorites? 

Hi @DeviledLeg!

I've bought that exact same pack of Dermal face masks before on Amazon.  They worked pretty well to moisturize my skin.  I like to use a sheet mask 1-3 times a week but it can get expensive depending on the brand.  I also use sleeping masks like the Algenist SPLASH Absolute Hydration Replenishing Sleeping Pack 2 oz/ 60 mL 

Some of my favorite face masks are the Innisfree face masks (sold on their official site) and Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Sheet Mask 1 x 0.68 oz/ 20 mL.

Other ones I want to try are Lancôme Rènergie Lift Multi-Action Ultra Double-Wrapping Cream Face Mask 5 Sheet Masks and the masks from the Dr. Jart Dermask Collection.

Thank you for clarifying about sleeping masks for me! I'v...

Thank you for clarifying about sleeping masks for me! I've always been curious about the Laneige and Glow Recipe ones and this just cleared up my concerns! It looks like I've just added a bunch of new things on my list of things to try haha 🙂

Hello! Thanks for the info! I think I'll look into trying...

Hello! Thanks for the info! I think I'll look into trying out the ones from Amazon some time. How do you find sleeping masks compared to sheet masks? I'm worried that I'll move in my sleep and ruin my sheets with a sleeping mask. Have you had this problem with sleeping masks before?

Re: Hello! Thanks for the info! I think I'll look into trying...

@DeviledLeg

Amazon has a lot of great masks, you just have to be careful of the brand and seller.

Sleeping masks are not sheet masks and are similar to regular moisturizers so there's no need to worry about getting your sheets dirty.  The "mask" part makes it a bit confusing since it's not a sheet mask.  You apply it at the very end of your nighttime skincare routine after moisturizer or whatever it says on the instructions.  It usually tells you to wash it off in the morning like you would normally wash your face in the morning.  Sleeping masks are a bit more convenient to me since I don't have to time how long I should leave it on my face.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos3
testing