Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Safe, Clean K-Beauty?

Hello, not sure if this has been posted but I recently got into K-beauty this year, it's more gentle on my face, more affordable, and all the products claim to have a lot of natural skin-loving ingredients which is awesome. I'm trying to educate myself, as I know there are lots of chemicals that can be used in beauty products, but do you guys have any knowledge on which K-Beauty brands are relatively safe/clean? Things like no tac powder, aluminum,  etc. 

RE: Safe, Clean K-Beauty?

Innisfree masks are amazing!!! Both my daughter and myself are in love with them.

Re: Safe, Clean K-Beauty?

I am in love with K-Beauty and am in love even more now that my sister moved to South Korea about 5 years ago and she sends me so many goodies! 

The most popular K-Beauty Brands/Companies in Korea are:

Innisfree

SKINFOOD

THEFACESHOP

Etude House

Holika Holika

TonyMoly

It's Skin

CosRX

(Most other brands you 'hear' about in the states aren't popular in Korea, yet for some reason they 'pretend to be popular K-Beauty brands' and sell in the states even though they're no names in Korea.)

ALWAYS look at the ingredients list and figure out what you want to put on your skin.  Break down the ingredients and google each one and see what it does if you are questionable on them. I've learned what most do as a Chemist, yet so many beauty chemistry explaining sites explain what each ingredient does.  Hope this helps, @LargeMocha

Thank you both for your responses! I will keep these brands in mind, I do already use TonyMoly face masks and they are feel great!

To this I would add that many popular K-beauty brands are owned by Amorepacific. This includes Sulwahsoo, Laneige, Innisfree, Etude House, etc.

Most do not K-beauty brands do not market themselves in such a manner. I'd find products that interest you and go through the ingredients list to see if the worst chemicals are high up in the list. I try to stick with products like Missha's Time Revolution Essence which is 90% fermented yeast extract - although it contains chemicals I'd rather avoid like phenoxyethanol and dimethicone.

One of my favorite k beauty brands is The Face Shop! I re...

One of my favorite k beauty brands is The Face Shop! I really love how all of their products smell and their sheet masks in particular are fantastic. They don't feel like chemicals and their Real Nature line feels like the Rose Petal Mask from fresh. They also have makeup and I know that their cushion foundation also address specific needs like illuminating or anti-aging. They ship in Canada but you can also get their products from Amazon. I also know that there are store in America but they don't have a website for the American stores.
Anonymous Insider

Hi @LargeMocha,

The K-Beauty skincare brands that come to mind that are relatively safe/clean as far as I am aware are:

• Pyunkang Yul
  • Aromatica
  • Urang
  • Whamisa
  • Belif
  • Heimish

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 34 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing