Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

PLEASE HELP!

Hello. I am new here. I have used just about every brand skincare there is. All price ranges. I have extremely dry skin and now starting menopause it’s gotten so much worse. Today I was looking all through magazines and realized there is something I have not used. K-BEAUTY.  And then I started thinking that most Asian women have the most beautiful and flawless skin. There has to be something there. So if anyone can please let me know a great skincare routine for extremely dry skin, I would love to hear from you. 

Re: PLEASE HELP!

Hyaluronic acid is KEY KEY KEY. It massively hydrates the skin deep down and any thing you put over it like a great moisturizer will work many times better due to the Hylauronic. It's not an acid that burns or even tingles. It's 110% something women should use daily - especially us peri/meno women. It pumps the skin as well which helps hide lines and wrinkles (depending the depth of course. Sadly nothing outside of a face lift can get rid of deep wrinkles). 

I break out every single time I use hyaluronic acid, and I'm 59.

K-beauty was originally well known for the number of steps: oil cleanser, foam cleanser, exfoliate, toner, sheet mask, essence, serum, emulsion, eye cream, moisturizer, night cream or sunblock depending am/pm. If you're worried about dry skin, be careful of ingredients that are in products. But honestly, k-beauty isnt just skincare, diet is just as important. Make sure you drink LOTS of water and eat healthy fats. If you're not not using sheet masks, I recommend adding that in first to your routine. They give so much hydration to the skin! Also brands like Tatcha, SK II, and Shiseido are some great k/j-beauty brands to try out. 

@tinkerbell68   You’re not wrong and that beautiful  skin most always is the result of religious sunscreen use from childhood but it’s never too late to begin;) 
Good dry skin advice is not washing with hot water as it strips your skin, and moisturizing your skin while your skin is still damp … an oil or balm cleanser like Farmacy Green Clean is great for dry skin, as are ingredients like hyaluroinc acid (humectant) squalene (a compound in our sebaceous glands) and lactic acid (a gentle exfoliant and also a wonderful humectant) which help draw moisture to your skin.  Niacinamide is also a wonderful ingredient for helping create a strong skin barrier. I am in LOVE with Belif Aqua Bomb brightening Vitamin C cream!  It’s a gel to oil  cream packed with hyaluronic acids and vitmain E.  it’s so comfortable on and absorbs well!  I can’t praise it enough! I also love the original aqua bomb but this one is better in my opinion. 
 A night mask followed by an face oil is helpful too if you’re looking for overnight moisture.  Recently I fell in love with Farmacy.  10% Niacinamide Night Mask.
Oh also eating a diet high in phytoestrogens can help as well.  Tofu, berries, sesame seeds broccoli Brussels sprouts… They don’t replace estrogen in the body perfectly but can help ease some of your symptoms   Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm belif Aqua Bomb Brightening Vitamin C Cream with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Farmacy 10% Niacinamide Night Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/100-plant-derived-squalane-P442830?skuId=2210573&icid2=product...

Thank you so very much. I got the JLo Beauty skincare set for my birthday back in September and have used it almost daily and I really don’t see any results. And then just about a month ago I was recommended FRESH Rose collection and to be perfectly honest I don’t think it’s doing too much either. I still have very dry, sometimes flaky cheeks and really bad dark under eyes. I’m starting to think nothing is gonna help. I do not wear makeup except for mascara and lip gloss. I’m a nurse so it’s not really realistic. All I want is soft hydrated beautiful skin 🥺

@bibliogirl, Thank you so very much for your reply. I will definitely look into some of the info you provided. I keep hearing that name The Ordinary. Eager to see some results. Thank you again and stay safe 😷

probably we are only supposed to recommend Sephora products here, so I will be careful about what I recommend.  I, too, have dry skin.  Libraries are pretty dry, but also really dirty places.  And I am an older woman (early 60s). 

I wash my face with alternating Philosophy microbrasion skin cleanser (Morning) and one of the innisfree cleansers or a cleanser from The Ordinary (night).  A few months ago, a friend gave me Sulwhasoo Emulsion Water.  I use that after washing my face.  It's pretty fine.  Then I use The Ordinary Buffet skin serum.  After it dries, on top of that I use the Retinol night moisturizer from Sally Beauty. What I have learned is that using only night moisturizers works far better than using any of the day creams. I don't have sensitive skin, so I even put the night moisturizer around my eyes.  DHC (Japanese company) makes some super pricey products that work pretty well for hydration, but I can't really afford them.  The Ordinary is quite inexpensive and very effective.  The company spends less money on packaging and more on ingredients.  The moisturizer is not strong enough for me, though.

If you can afford it, Coreana makes some very strong, very good moisturizers.  Sometimes I splurge on those.  A little goes a long way.  But Sephora does not carry those products.  You have to order them from another source.

@bibliogirl Just an FYI... BIC/Sephora is totally fine with us talking about and recommending products that aren't sold at Sephora!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing