cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Olive Sensitive Skin Newbie Looking for KBeauty Routine

Hello!

I have Olive Sensitive Skin that's prone to minor breakouts but has acne scars. I currently use mostly Lush Products on my face, and wanted to add on KBeauty products as supplements. My goal is to get rid of my acne scars, keep acne away, and brighten my complexion.

Any recommendations where to start?

Thank you!

Re: Olive Sensitive Skin Newbie Looking for KBeauty Routine

I have the exact same issue as you! Dr. jart, Neogen Dermalogy, and belief have some good products. Dr.jart micro water is a great micelar water to remove makeup, and belief true cream aqua bomb (a gel moisturizer). Neogen Dermalogy Bio-peel Gauze peeling- lemon is a great chemical exfoliater that helps to fade acne scarring and brighten skin while removing dead skin from the surface.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Olive Sensitive Skin Newbie Looking for KBeauty Routine

Hello! Check out Dr. Oracle’s line, formulated by dermatologists in Korea to combat acne. My daughter inherited my olive complexion but has extremely sensitive and acne prone skin. After spending years (and don’t want to add up the dollars...cringe), this line worked better than prescriptions and professional treatments! Hope that helps!!

What's your current routine with the Lush products?

My routine is: 

1. Wash face with water

2. Fresh Farmacy

3. Coal Face

4. IT Cosmetics Confidence in a Cleanser Skin-Transforming Hydrating Cleansing Serum (recently added within the last week)

5. Ren Ready Steady Glow Daily AHA Tonic (recently added within the last week)

6. Enchanted Eye Cream

7. Skin Drink Moistureizer

Twice a week I add the Don't Look at Me face mask

Thanks for your help!

@Fran1428  Are you really using 3 separate cleansers each night? That seems a little excessive and like an easy way to strip your skin of moisture! I'd recommend trying double cleansing with an oil-based makeup remover (either in oil or balm form) and then follow that with a cream or gel cleanser. I haven't tried the IT cleanser, but if you feel like it's working for you then you can try sticking with that one for a while. As far as oil cleansers, I really like Shiseido's Perfect Cleansing Oil and The Face Shop's Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil. 

It can take time to see if your AHA is working for you, but in the meantime, you might also want to think about adding something with salicylic acid to use on alternate nights to help with the acne and a hydrating toner. Eventually you can add in essences and serums as well, if you are interested. My favorites come from Benton, Goodal, and Leejiham. For scars, you could try adding a vitamin C serum in the mornings. I've had good luck with T'iam CSource (formerly OST C20). 

I hope this helps a little! 🙂

Thank you! I will definitely start making these adjustments 🙂

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing