Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

May Coop Raw Sauce

Hey, it seems Sephora has stopped stocking the Raw Sauce and I need a replacement essence. Any recommendations? I'm thinking about the Missha First Essence, but would love some other ideas.

Thanks,

Aalia

Re: May Coop Raw Sauce

I was a big fan of the Raw Sauce (esp in the little bottle, just so handy for travel and a quick skin refresher on planes) but love the two Blithe Essences even more. I've gone through a whole bottle of the Blithe Vital Treatment Essence for Lifting and now I'm using the Blithe Vital Treatment Essence for Hydrating. Both have that same lovely thicker consistency like the raw sauce and instantly melt into your skin for an immediate burst of hydration. Absorbs quickly and leaves my face hydrated and prepped for any serums or just your moisturizer. I've also got the Caudalie Essence on hand but haven't tried it just yet. I'm not a fan at all of the Missha, it's more watery and I think my skin doesn't like fermented products.

https://www.sephora.com/product/vital-treatment-essence-for-hydrating-P408268

Anonymous Insider

@MissPuff, do you have a preference as between the two Blithe essences?  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on how they compare to each other.

@Anonymous I'm only about a quarter of the way through the hydrating version so I don't have tons of data to work with, but the main difference so far is that the lifting version has little beads or something suspended in it that disappears into your skin once you pat it in. Both feel equally hydrating, I can't attest yet to the firming/lifting qualities, but the lifting one did seem to plump and soften my skin. 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, @MissPuff!  I really liked the firming/lifting one and have both of the other Blithe essences.  

I am so bummed ! I had no idea! Honestly grabbed the small size after watching Stephanie Nicole's skincare video and have enjoyed it ! I know the tatcha essence is great (got a mini size once) but it is so expensive and while I am rouge and dont usually blink at high price tags... the product has to be better than that which has a lower price tag if that makes sense. I might try the ski2 one but we shall see! I will keep you updated!

Costco has the May Coop Raw sauce now !!!

its the 5 oz size and $23.  Only see it online, but since shipping is free and super fast feel super happy to order from them !!!

m3rc3d3s wrote:

I am so bummed ! I had no idea! Honestly grabbed the small size after watching Stephanie Nicole's skincare video and have enjoyed it ! I know the tatcha essence is great (got a mini size once) but it is so expensive and while I am rouge and dont usually blink at high price tags... the product has to be better than that which has a lower price tag if that makes sense. I might try the ski2 one but we shall see! I will keep you updated!

I didn't try may coop as first or second ingradient was alcohol and I have dry skin. 

I did buy Missha first essence though and like it a lot. Missha currently is on Costco website for a great price (cheaper than Target). 

I've seen it at TJ Maxx, and I think at Target.

RE: May Coop Raw Sauce

Bobbi Brown Extra Treatment Lotion

Nooo! I love the Raw Sauce 😞 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'll let you know if I find a substitute. 

Check out Costco, they have it online 5 oz $23

Anonymous Insider

Oh no, that's too bad - I like the May Coop Raw Sauce essence.  You should be able to purchase Raw Sauce from Peach and Lily's site - 

I do not know of any dupes for the Raw Sauce essence, but I've found the following essences have been good for hydration are:

• Bithe Vital Treatment Essence for Lifting (8 Nourishing Bean) - it's very hydrating despite its name
  • Be The Skin Botanical Nutrition Power Toner - its consistency is more like an essence than a toner; it's my favorite hydrating essence

Anonymous Insider

I love that Be The Skin toner.  It's what got me into K-beauty. I use the serum and cream also.  

@Aaliaa, I've used and would recommend Koh Gen Do's Oriental Plants Lotion.  It has a slightly thicker consistency than Missha' FTE, adds extra moisture to my face and softens my skin throughout the day.  It is cruelty free and doesn't contain any of the "bad" ingredients, fragrance, color, etc.

https://www.sephora.com/product/oriental-plants-skin-lotion-i-P308617

@angelKiss24, thanks for the reference. Sadly, it isn't available at the Sephora in Canada. A lot of the Asian brand products available at Sephora US aren't available here!

While I really like Missha's Essense, I wouldn't recommend it as a substitute for the Raw Sauce. The Essense basically has the texture of water and I just don't feel like it does the same thing for my skin as the Raw Sauce. 

I would recommend Dear Klairs Supple Preparation Toner or Pyunkang Yul's Essence Toner instead. In my routine, I use Missha's Essense first, immediately after cleansing, and then I'll layer the Raw Sauce, the Supple Preparation Toner, and/or the Essence Toner over it. All three have similar textures and results for me. 

A lot of people love the Missha but I wasn't a fan since it didn't really do anything for me. I love Raw Sauce for its added hydration in my a.m. routine, but also really love Goodal's Waterest Lasting Water Oil as a replacement morning hydrator. 

I returned May Coop raw sauce before even opening it since I saw the first or second ingredient was alcohol after bringing it home. I bought Missha First Essence and like it. I got mine at target and it was on sale (<$29). Currently Costco online has it for $29 and some Costco B&M stores also have it. You might want to check there.

The essence I am loving is Hanskin Hylaron essence. It is a bit pricey, but helps keeps skin retain moisture and it is good all skin types. It can be purchased on Sokoglam’s website and was awarded one of their best products of this year.

RE: May Coop Raw Sauce

Yes, Missha’s FTE is really good. Cosrx Snail Mucin is good too. Origins Original Skin Essence feels nice and is just as hydrating as the two I mentioned.

Re: RE: May Coop Raw Sauce

Thanks! I love the light scent/feel of the Raw Sauce, but I think I'm going to try MIssha next

64 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing