Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Looking for clean K Beauty products for oily skin...

I’m learning how to take care of my skin finally! I’m 36, with oily skin, sensitive eyes (the products I use can’t have “fragrance” or heavy use of essential oils), and I’m looking to reduce the size of my pores and prevent fine lines. I’m only looking at clean and cruelty free brands. I’m looking for great products that will work with my oily skin, while not containing anything like drying alcohols, Parabens, silicones, fragrance, or anything else that’s nasty or harmful. Can you recommend any standout products or brands that are clean and cruelty free, that will help my oily aging skin? Thanks so much!

As the one who has grown up in Korea and used so many K beauty products, I could recommend Krave beauty products, and primera! Having Oily skin does not mean you do not have to moisturize your skins. You should make your skin moisturized!

Re: Looking for clean K Beauty products for oily skin...

I love purito brands. they are inexpensive and try really hard to be fragrance and essential oil free.

Guys, seriously. OP specifically asked for kbeauty brands. Paula's Choice and Tatcha are American brands. There's nothing wrong with them if you like them, but they don't fall under the category of suggestions that OP was asking for.

RE: Looking for clean K Beauty products for oily skin...

Paula’s Choice is a great (20+ year old) brand for aging oily skin because that is exactly what the founder has! Check out their philosophy. Cruelty, fragrance, essential oil, alcohol, etc. free! Some products contain silicones, but I’m not quite sure why some people consider them harmful (besides allergies)?. It’s an online store but has a physical store in Korea. Before this K-wave got really big they already had a milky toner! Check it out~ PS: For pores try the BHA or niacinamide, even retinol, at various strengths and textures. Whatever suits you or your preferred routine (eg. heavier moisturizer due to drying actives). I have oily dehydrated sensitive skin for reference.

Peach & Lily, their skincare line is amazing!!

If you're looking at brands to buy here at Sephora i would definitely recommend Primera, maybe looking at their cleansing oil or micellar water as your first cleansing step could help with pores, oiliness, etc. And it also helps with aging because less friction means less inflammation and fine lines over time. If any of those have fragrance and you absolutely want to avoid it, you could try The ordinary's squalene cleanser or the First Aid Beauty cleanser, they're non foaming, and for sensitive skin, you could do a double cleanse with these. If you wanted to buy from somewhere that is not Sephora i could recommend other brands and products.

But if not i would say Primera, Maybe the Laneige cream skin toner, and some Dr.jart+ probably meet you criteria of clean, cruelty free and no nasty ingredients like you say :). Check them out. And if not maybe you'll be better of shopping for non K-beauty brands on Sephora, like The ordinary, First Aid Beauty, Maybe Youth to the people or Drunk Elephant.

Hey SunsetSarah,

If you're looking at brands to buy here at Sephora i would definitely recommend Primera, maybe looking at their cleansing oil or micellar water as your first cleansing step could help with pores, oiliness, etc. And it also helps with aging because less friction means less inflammation and fine lines over time. If any of those have fragrance and you absolutely want to avoid it, you could try The ordinary's squalene cleanser or the First Aid Beauty cleanser, they're non foaming, and for sensitive skin, you could do a double cleanse with these. If you wanted to buy from somewhere that is not Sephora i could recommend other brands and products.

But if not i would say Primera, Maybe the Laneige cream skin toner, and some Dr.jart+ probably meet you criteria of clean, cruelty free and no nasty ingredients like you say :). Check them out. And if not maybe you'll be better of shopping for non K-beauty brands on Sephora, like The ordinary, First Aid Beauty, Maybe Youth to the people or Drunk Elephant.

Saturday skin line

Some amazing standouts I’ve had the chance to work with were from Tatcha for sure. The Water Cream is perfect for oily skins and combination skins. Also, try Primera! It’s an AmorePacific brand, so you’re getting high quality ingredients without biting the bullet on pricing. The wild seed anti-aging serum would be good for lines and wrinkles, and pairing it with their peeling gel and brightening serum will help with overall smoothness and pore refining. Plus there’s no harsh scents! Hope this helps ❤️

@SunsetSarah  I am 37 😱 and I have very sensitive skin. I’ve been using Tatcha products for the past 3-4 years and they have really helped my skin. I had really large pores as well and I wanted to prevent more fine lines. I believe this brand has helped me.  I use Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL

TATCHA - The Deep Cleanse Exfoliating Cleanser

Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlight

And many others I would recommend looking into this brand. 

Thank you! I've found that many Tatcha products are not the right fit for my skin and needs. Their products tend to be either heavily fragranced, which really irritate may eyes and skin; or they contain a heavy dose of silicones, to provide temporary improvement in look and texture to the skin but also are comedogenic and detrimental with long term use. I really do love their rice polishes though, and have started making them at home as well. Those are awesome for a gentle physical exfoliation!

@SunsetSarah  I’m sorry they didn’t work for you. You can always try Cosrx brand. Just be careful most of their products have fragrance high in their ingredient list and most also contain silicones as well. I’ve tried their snail essence and their acne patches. I’m sure you will find a great brand that works for you! 

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing