Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Korean skincare for acne?

I’m a 15 year old girl who is really into Korean skincare but I don’t know where to start with the full routine. I am VERY oily and acne prone but I have really sensitive skin too. I want something that will get rid of my acne, while also brightening the scars that I have. Any suggestions?

RE: Korean skincare for acne?

Korean skincare is actually pretty affective for me since we have the same skin type. As long as you stay on that routine because if you don’t then you’ll break out even more than before. It’s happened to me once and I’m not gonna try it again for sure. Tony Moly’s peach punch foaming cleanser is magic in a bottle and you should really go buy. It $16 for 10 oz and all you need is a little bit. Use tea tree oil also even tho it’s not Korean skincare it really does help with the redness. Hopefully this will help and if it doesn’t then just use tea tree oil and aloe Vera (most of the stuff I just mentioned, I bought from ulta since they have the wider and more cheaper selection, not really sure if Sephora has these things)

Re: Korean skincare for acne?

There are many super affordable korean brands out there. One of my favourite toner is Klairs supple preparation. I suffer from big pores and I love Skinmiso pore corset serum. I definitely notice a difference when I stop using it. I use Cosrx acne pimple master patches and Origins super spot remover to fight acne. Klairs fresehly juiced vitamin drop helped brighten up my overall complexion. Anything with vitamin c will help to brighten your skin.   

Re: Korean skincare for acne?

If you're just starting out- start simply. A gentle cleanser, a good moisturizer, and sunscreen are the basics. One of the biggest difference makers for me with my acne was starting to double cleanse with an oil cleanser first, followed by a gentle cream cleanser afterwards. It gets all the gunk off your face! Exfoliating can also help keep your pores clean. Clay masks are great for oily, acne-prone skin and can be used around 2x a week. 

Once you have a basic routine and are ready to add in more steps, hydrating layers would be great. Oily skin often happens because our skin is crying out for more moisture and it overproduces oil if we don't give it enough! Snail products will help some with the moisture, acne, and scarring. Vitamin C, niacinamide, and licorice root are also great for scarring. My two favorite serums are Benton's Snail Bee High Content Essence (although this was recently reformulated) and LJH Tea Tree Serum. Both help keep my skin in check. 

Light moisturizers will be helpful for keeping your oil in check. CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap is my go-to for day time wear. For evenings, I bounce around between different ones, but look for something with a gel-like consistency. Those tend to work better with oily skin. Belif and Caudalie both have nice ones. 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing