Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Korean Skincare for Healing Acne

looking for a substitute for benzoyl peroxide that won’t dry out my skin and instead will repair my skin barrier and fight acne, any recommendations?

Re: Korean Skincare for Healing Acne

Cica. It’s known to calm the skin and heal redness but also for acne. It doesn’t dry out your skin as much. If you just want a spot treatment, I strongly reccomend Cica Gel by the bran So by mi ( I think I spelled it right). The whole green line if there’s (which is all cica) is popular, and the toner of that line won many awards. As someone who suffers from acne, I use their toner and use the gel as a spot treatment and haven’t had problems with acne since! 

for a serum, I use the orange one by April skin. It’s for ppl who suffer from acne as well. That one is tricky tho. It’s more for dry skin. I have combo skin, my cheeks are the dry part and my forehead and chin is oily. I put that serum only on my cheeks. Cause if I put it in my forehead, I break out. But spot treatment: the gel. It’s titled as a moisturizer but it’s not. Cause it’s pretty drying. It won’t disappoint though. Promise. 

First step would be to go to a derm, if you can, even virtually, @amrp22.

If you have reduced skin barrier integrity, stop using all actives (AHAs/BHAs/PHAs/any resurfacing product; retinols; etc). Reduced skin barrier quality can lead to acne. Concentrate on using hylauronic acid and ceramides to restore it with a moisturizer and oil to seal it in. Make sure you're using SPF. If you have an acne flair up try using non medicated zit patches until the barrier is restored.

Once your skin barrier is restored, I'd try a BHA product. I have dry skin and I really like Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL as a spot treatment and Farmacy Mini Deep Sweep 2% BHA Pore Cleaning Toner with Moringa + Papaya 1.7 / 50 as a BHA all over toner 2-3x a week. 

I’d recommend two separate products at different routine stages to attack your various concerns. Possibly a BHA or Glycolic exfoliating toner a couple times a week for your acne. As for repairing your skin barrier, I’d recommend the Great Barrier Relief from Krave beauty.   

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing