Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

K-beauty at Sephora: Share your tips and product recs!

Anna2BT_0-1659729313003.png

Hey there, Beauty Insider Community! I wanted to start a post for all of us to have an ongoing conversation about one of my favorite parts of the beauty scene: Korean beauty (commonly known as “K-beauty” for short 😉)! When I first got into skincare, I was immediately attracted to K-beauty because I was fascinated by the idea of glass skin (a term used often in K-beauty, generally referring to skin that looks so luminous and flawless it could even be made of glass). I also thought that watching people use sheet masks in Korean dramas always looked like so much fun! Nowadays, I’m always on the lookout for good K-beauty finds at Sephora.

I’m dropping some love for some of my personal K-beauty faves:

This thread is for all the longtime K-beauty fans and those who might be curious about K-beauty! Have questions about glass skin, 10-step routines, or products? Or maybe you have some good K-beauty Sephora recommendations or other knowledge to share? Let’s demystify K-beauty together!

Give your K-beauty tips, recommendations, or ask questions in the comments below!

Re: K-beauty at Sephora: Share your tips and product recs!

belif is such a great brand @PrettyPaint! And, of course, a huge yes to sheet masks! ♥️♥️

I have tried several products from that brand and I really liked them @PrettyPaint 

I am all ears for k-beauty advice, I am here for this 😁

One thing I learned reading/watching k-beauty things was, after washing your face pat your face dry gently with your hands helping water push into your skin.  Consider it your first step in moisturizing

Yes @CynthieLupat, pat, pat. My routine includes Kbeauty and non-Kbeauty brands ; my skin has really improved following some of the Kbeauty skincare practices and philosophies. What Kbeauty articles or videos have your found helpful? 

@itsfi there's so much in k-beauty I knooo nothing 😅 but I was watching James Welsh ( sidebar: did you see him try the hack to get sheet masks to fit better,  I tired it too it works so well!) Review Glow Recipie so I gave it a go. I watched some of the company's brand videos on k-beauty and than some reviewers I liked and thier takes on it. I love dr.jart's jelly masks, like this one Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber™ Masks 0.14 oz/ 4 g Ampoule + 1.41 oz/ 40 g Rubber™ Mask with Soothing Allantoin  and my skin loves it.  My skin is very much happy with all the k-beauty products I've been trying out. I have redness here and there on my cheeks and nose from excema and rosea flare ups and my skin is loving the care it has been getting. 

I've tried quite a bit of the Glow Recipie line a bit from Dr Jart and a few things from Laniege.  I find spending time on  skin care so relaxing and soothing 😍

@CynthieLu, I have not seen that James Welsh video but am going to look it up and watch it over the weekend! I have redness around my nose and cheeks as well - love the products in the Dr. Jart Cicpair line, especially the Dr. Jart+ Mini Cicapair™ Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment 0.5 oz/ 15 mL. LANEIGE Cica Sleeping Mask is also a nice mask for soothing and calming redness. 

I use the Cicapair too @itsfi  🙂 it's a great product, and I think it'll last me a very long time,  you don't need lots and my jar seems huge lol!  So I could be wrong but it was a short clip of him reviewing tic tok hacks but it was 3 little snips and I tried it today and it was the best fit I've had on a sheet mask 😅

@CynthieLu, I found and watched the video. I’ve done the snipping of the sheet between the eyes and above the lip, the former being something I do with about 99.875% 😂 of the sheet masks I use. Snipping it at the chin and wrapping it is new to me and something I plan to try. I usually just cut off the extra length and add it to the forehead by my hairline - many sheet masks are about 1/8” - 1/4” too short for me so it works out pretty well but I’m down for trying this other approach. 

By the way, if you ever feel like chatting about or sharing your thoughts on masks (sheet masks, wash off masks, lip masks, hair masks, etc., please don’t hesitate drop on by the mask thread. We’d love to have you! 😃 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Mask-of-the-Week-Challenge/m-p/5433327/highlight/tru...

Exactly @CynthieLu ! It is very important specially if you are applying Hyaluronic Acid.

Once upon a time, many many moons ago I used to joke about having a ten-step routine.  Things have changed but I still have a 5-6 step routine with plenty of K-Beauty products kicking around in my stash. 

LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL 

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C 

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore-Tight Toner 

Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Tatcha The Rice Wash Skin-Softening Cleanser 

@Nickelliebear1, that cleansing balm smells good and applies so smoothly.  Makes for a pleasant cleanse. 

Those are all great products @Nickelliebear1! 😃

@Anna2BT I wish that Sephora carried some good K-beauty lip stains.  I'm so intrigued by them and would be much more apt to purchase one (or more) if I could see them in a physical store first.

So true @CookieGirl1! It would be great!

Agree 💯 @CookieGirl1 @Anna2BT ! 💞

@Anna2BT I find innisfree Pore Clearing Clay Mask 3.38 oz/ 100 mL and LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C to be HGs!

These two make for a dynamic duo @greeneyedgirl107!

@greeneyedgirl107 I love Laneige’s Lip Sleeping Mask as well! 

@Saradestin I actually had a dream about the mango one last night!

That’s funny @greeneyedgirl107 ! You clearly need it! 😁

@Anna2BT I have tried several K-beauty brands and I loved every single one. My must haves are:

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C : it leaves my lips feeling moisturized, soft and plump. A must in the cold months.

LANEIGE Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 5.0 oz/ 150 mL : this is a great hydrator, and perfect for a quick skincare routine because it is an awesome multitasker. So refreshing and moisturizing!

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Sunscreen SPF 50 1.7 oz/ 50 mL : this has become one of my favorite sunscreens. It smells so good and has such great ingredients. It feels awesome on the skin and under makeup. And my skincare doesn’t peel with it! 🎉

Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Color Correcting Treatment SPF 30 1.7 oz/ 50 mL : this is perfect for those with redness and sensitive skin. I don’t have either but this formula looks so beautiful under my makeup! My husband uses it as well, because he has some redness, and it works wonders! 

I tried a sample of Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream Classic 2 oz/ 60 mL and I loved it, so I am sure that sooner or later I will be getting the full size!

And if I could splurge on something, I would buy AMOREPACIFIC TIME RESPONSE Eye Reserve Crème 0.5 oz/ 15 mL 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 54 replies
  • 248 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • Anna2BT_0-1659729313003.png
testing