Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Is it possible to get a full skin care routine only with drunk elephant products?

My skin is a normal type and I’m trying to figure out a good routine for me but I’m actually new to this.

Re: Is it possible to get a full skin care routine only with drunk elephant products?

You can absolutely do a full routine with Drunk Elephant! I did that for a month awhile ago (like a few years ago) and I enjoyed it! You don't need a toner because all of their products are pH balanced for the skin so you can use solely Drunk Elephant.

Here's an example of a routine:

AM:
-Drunk Elephant Pekee™ Cleansing Bar 4 oz/ 120 g

-Drunk Elephant C-Tango™ Vitamin C Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL

-DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream (if you want, not necessary)

-Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

-DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum

-DRUNK ELEPHANT - D-Bronzi™ Anti-Pollution Sunshine Drops

-Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

PM:

-Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter Cleanser

-Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL (if you want a second cleanse with a different cleanser)

-DRUNK ELEPHANT - Shaba Complex™ Firming Eye Serum

-DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum

-Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL (or the Protini again, I like this for nighttime because it's thicker)

-Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

-Drunk Elephant F-Balm™ Electrolyte Waterfacial Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL (as a sleeping mask)

Treatments:

-Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL (once or twice a week instead of Framboos serum)

-F-Balm as a regular hydration mask if you don't want to use it as a sleeping mask

Hope this helps!

Re: Is it possible to get a full skin care routine only with drunk elephant products?

@itstrixiebae, you can absolutely get a full routine only with Drunk Elephant products. Sephora carries a set that you might be interested in if you are looking for a DE only routine. DRUNK ELEPHANT - The Littles™. I've used some but not all of the products from the brand. 

With this set, your routine might look something like this:

AM

1) If you feel like you need to use a cleanser in the morning, then the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. Most mornings, I use use a lukewarm washcloth to cleanse my face in the morning.

2) C-Firma Day Serum and then give it 10 minutes or so to fully absorb into your skin

3) B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum 

4) Protini Polypeptide Cream

5) C-Tango Multivitamin Eye Cream

6) SPF - Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 - DE also makes a tinted version but it's not included in the set I tagged. I had an allergic reaction to both the DE sunblocks but others have really enjoyed it.

For all of the products, including the sunblock, it's always good to do a patch test before applying all over the face. I have sensitive skin so my patch tests are usually first on my arm and then see how it responds immediately as well as a couple of days afterwards. Then, I'll patch test a small part of my face because the face on my skin is more sensitive than my arm.

PM

1) I usually double cleanse in the evenings, to remove makeup and my sunblock. You could cleanse twice with the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. I normally use an oil based cleanser first and then a water based one. If you prefer double cleansing, you could use DE Slaii Makeup Melting Butter Cleanser balm first and then the Beste No. 9 Jelly Cleanser. There's a mini version of the balm (along with another mini size of the Protini polypeptide cream) in the DRUNK ELEPHANT - Nice to Meet You™ set.

2) T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Night Serum - this may tingle a little when it is first applied to the skin, the tingling will fade away. Give it time to absorb into your skin (I give it 10 minutes) before moving onto the next step. I don't use this every night, maybe 1-2x per week. You can apply it as a separate step or you could mix it with either (a) B-Hydra hydration serum or (b) Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. 

3) B-Hydration Serum

4) Protini Polypeptide Cream - either on its own or sometimes I will mix it with a drop of the Marula Oil 

5) If you wanted to include an eye cream, you could use the C-Tango eye cream here

The protini peptide cream should be moisturizing enough for normal skin. If not, you can always add a drop of the marula oil to it. Drunk Elephant Lala Retro cream is great for dry skin or if you need extra moisture. There are sets with a mini version of it for you to try if you're interested. 

Hope this helps. It's great when you can find a skincare routine that works for your skin, whether from one brand or different products from different brands. With skincare a lot of it is trial and error; please do go slowly when it comes to testing and introducing new products into your routine - it'll make it easier to pinpoint what may be the cause of a reaction if you have one, which I hope you don't. Also, especially if you will be using vitamin C or any acids into your routine (like the T.L.C. Framboos), you'll definitely want to make sure you wear sunblock as both those types of products will make your skin sensitive to the sun. Good luck! Hope you find some products your skin will love!

@itstrixiebae 

I would assume so - the only thing they are missing seems to be a toner though.

I haven't tried the brand really but they have a everything else it seems (cleansing balm, cleanser, serums, treatments/masks, moisturizers, eye cream, lip treatment & SPF etc.). So, if you want to build your skincare on that brand just find a good toner from a different brand & you should be fine, imo. 😉

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing