Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

I’m new to K-Beauty need recommendations

I’ve always wanted to try K beauty but I don’t know where to start or what products to use I struggle with acne I have dry/oily skin And some uneven tones on my face I just want to improve my skin I’ll appreciate any product recommendations and tips!!

#confused

Re: I’m new to K-Beauty need recommendations

Start with a double cleansing routine using an oil-based cleanser followed by a water-based cleanser. Incorporate a chemical exfoliator with AHAs or BHAs to address acne and uneven skin tone. Hydrate your skin with lightweight essences or serums containing ingredients like hyaluronic acid or snail mucin. Treat yourself to sheet masks once or twice a week for extra hydration and specific concerns. https://dailysportsupdates.com/

The innisfree Green Tea Hydration Set with intensive Hydrating Serum with Green Tea Seed, Green Tea Tri-biotic Complex™ #is a good way to try out a line that has worked well for me without buying full-sized products first.  I have the same skin type, and have tried a million k beauty products, green tea is such a great ingredient!  

Cosrx low pH morning gel cleanser (very gentle!) and their Advanced Snail 92 All-in-One cream (super hydrating for my dry skin). Laneige has great sleep and lip masks, and innisfree has wonderful products as well.

soko glam is a great place to start. they also have a blog called The Klog which was super helpful for me back when I became interested in Korean skincare 3yrs ago and it's actually still very helpful. there are quite a few subscription boxes out there as well. I recommend Bomibox and Sooni Pouch. Ohhh and the KBeauty subreddit has probably everything under the sun that you can think of and if they don't, just ask, the people over there are super friendly. 

@Dexiree I'd start with just the basics- gentle water-based cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen. From there you can add a BHA couple nights a week plus possibly an oil cleanser. There are a ton of great K-beauty brands out there, so I'd recommend just doing some research with blogs, videos, and posts that can give you more information. There's an active Asian Beauty community on reddit that can help with great reviews. A few of my favorite K-b bloggers: fanserviced-b, Snow White and the Asian Pear, 50 Shades of Snail, and The Klog. 

Welcome to the fam! 

Innisfree, (green tea serum 😍

laneige 

I’d recommend starting out with Glow Recipe’s Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Mask and the Plum Plump Hyaluronic Serum. I’ve gotten great results myself though I don’t personally care much for the packaging 😋. I find Glow Recipe to be an all around great brand as well as a great starter for anyone venturing into K-Beauty. The products I mentioned are humectants which are ideal for hydrating skin  

Check out the Dr. Jart+ brand! They're excellent! 

agreed! I love Dr Jart products so much, especially their sheet masks and their Ceramidin line

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing