Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Holy grail products?

Hey everyone! I just started to get into skincare products. Doesn’t anyone have any products recommendations?

Re: Holy grail products?

I'm also a big fan of Boire. Their pore strips work better than a lot on high end brands

I also love Nature Republic's peeling gels as an alternative to an exfoliate. It's a lot lighter on the skin.

I also loved Tony Moly's Whipping Deep Bubble Foam. It's great to leave in the shower.

It's fun and cute but I enjoyed using boscia's Charcoal Jelly Ball Cleanser

https://www.sephora.com/product/charcoal-jelly-ball-cleanser-P420144?skuId=1959014&icid2=products%20...

Holy grail products?

glow recepie watermelon mask

@ashxlyn

I use very gentle cleanser. Then I usually use this, either I put it on these empty mask sheets or just rub on with my clean hands. Depends on time.

The product is Japanese but it gets worldwide love. Mentholatum's Hado Labo Goku Jyun "lotion." It's more like a serum. It has 3 varieties of hyaluronic acid in it and it's used before the rest of your skin care. Some times, I like to make it a mask sheet.

Then I moisturize. I can't use a whole lot of products as I have very sensitive skin and rosacea. But this is very gentle for my skin.PART_1520467117220_IMG_20180307_154119.jpg

Hey @ashxlyn, the first thing I would recommend is a good cleanser (oil or balm) for makeup and sunscreen removal, and a good sunscreen. After that, depending on your skin type, you would either go for something moisturising, hydrating, or extremely lightweight. I have a few recommendations I have personally tried that you are welcome to check out. On another note, whenever getting new skincare, try them ONE AT A TIME with at least a week or two to test it out fully and play around with how to use them.

So:

Dry skin: This is not to be confused with dehydrated skin.

- Innisfree orchid line

- Acwell clinity cream (I got mine on sokoglam).

Combo oily:

- Benton Aloe gel

- innisfree green tea line

(I'm not much help here because I'm combo dry)

Combo dry:

- elizavecca water drop cream + hyaluronic serum

- innisfree orchid line

Oily:

Benton Aloe gel.

These are just suggestions and I have picky skin so I can't help you much. For a good breakdown, check out Snow White and the Asian Pear's blog. She breaks down skin types, what do do, how to know what skin type you have, and was a great help for me. 

Happy skincare journey!

It would help to know you skin type and what issues you're hoping to combat, @ashxlyn🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • PART_1520467117220_IMG_20180307_154119.jpg
testing