Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Getting rid of sebum and under eye bags/dark circles?

Hi everyone.

I am a college kid looking for suggestions (preferably cheap) on how to address sebum/under eye issues. I have normal skin and the only skincare stuff I use is Banila Co. Clean it Zero, Mizon Egg White Bubble Cleanser, and Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Acne Foaming Scrub. Despite using these three products on a daily basis I still have sebum on my nose which is kind of gross.

If anyone recommendations on getting rid of under eye bags and/or dark circles that would be greatly appreciated! I don't really like using makeup (ex. concealer) to get rid of them so I was looking more for skincare stuff to address this problem as well.

(also any sunscreen recs?)

Thanks! 

Re: Getting rid of sebum and under eye bags/dark circles?

Swanicoco Boosting Elastic Eyecream to Face has niacinamide which is great for brightening (I'm currently obsessed with this brand). Products that use metal balls as an applicator is usually great to help with puffiness/bags (such as Graymelin Double Strength Eye Serum).

Here is an article I found on products that help with sebum, and don't break your wallet:
https://w2beauty.com/2017/09/oily-skin-budget-buys/

Hope that helps! 🙂

Re: Getting rid of sebum and under eye bags/dark circles?

For sebum, I find products with BHA (beta hydroxy acids) help to best combat it. Though you'll still produce sebum throughout the day, the BHA helps to chemically exfoliate so it will lessen the look of it on your nose. My nose use to be gross until I went this route, and now I barely see anything. If I skip my routine for a day or two though, all the sebum builds up again.

As for under eye issues, you'll have to figure out what the cause of your dark circles is. For a lot of people it is genetic and incurable, but you can often lessen the effect by staying hydrating and getting a good night sleep. Some eye creams help to keep them hydrated as well. If you're doing all of this and still have dark circles, it is probably genetic and the only way to get rid of them is to get cosmetic surgery or hiding them with makeup unfortunately.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing