Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty

Fungal acne

Has anyone experienced or suffer from fungal acne? Sokoglam’s website mentioned an article about fungal acne, which I think I am suffering from on my face recently. The K-Beauty products I am using now are not responding well to my skin with this fungal acne. What are good K-Beauty products to treat for fungal acne other than the ones Sokoglam mentioned in their article, like cleansers after using an oil cleanser, toners, essences, and moisturizers. I also have combination skin, oily t-zone and dry cheeks. Thank you.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Fungal acne

I’m a nurse and I’ll tell you, i doubt that you’re experiencing fungal acne in your face. Fungal acne is actually an infection of the hair follicle. It is typically seen on the body and mostly occurs during hot summer months because sweat is a component to it. Having said that, this is just my opinion and I’m not a doctor. However, if you’re really concerned about it, I’d go see a dermatologist or at least your primary care. If your acne is causing you distress, they may be able to help you out.

Re: Fungal acne

Hi @Lovepizza!

I've treated my acne/breakouts effectively with 100% tea tree oil.  I tried using salicylic acid to treat acne/breakouts but it didn't work out for me.  I do use it though to prevent acne.  But once, a breakout is on it's way, tea tree oil works like magic.  Here's some additional info on tea tree oil:  https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/supplement-guide-tea-tree-oil

Here's a link to a post I wrote on how I use it:

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-Routine-for-sensitive-oily-skin-that-is-sli...

It's very economical and all natural, I think it may be worth giving it a try.  If you have any questions, let me know.

I hope you find this helpful!

Re: Fungal acne

I have heard about tea tree oil, however I am not too fond of the scent. I do appreciate the posts about tea tree oil!🙃 I have actually been using Nizoral shampoo for the past week to treat my forehead acne for I read the anti-fungal ingredient can help treat it if one wants to do an OTC product instead of getting a prescription, and I must say my forehead has improved and it’s now back to being bump free and smooth. Also once I use up the K-Beauty products I have now I will try other products on Sokoglam to treat this type of acne. Thank you for the information you have provided!

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing