Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Does anybody have any bad reactions to Cleansing Oils or Balms?

My skin seems to breakout from using cleansing oils or balms but I really want to continue double cleansing into my skin routine. I've used the tatcha cleansing oil, muji cleansing oil, fresh farmacy cleansing balm, I recently ordered the Iunik Cleansing Oil to see if it's more gentle on my skin. My skintype is combo but mostly dry. Any recommendations?

Re: Does anybody have any bad reactions to Cleansing Oils or Balms?

I suggest cutting out the oils and balms completely. If your skin is reacting negatively to the products then you can compare the ingredients if in the products and try to pinpoint what the problem is and find a new product if you really want to use an oil or balm. however, you can still double cleanse without using those two products. In the mornings and if I'm not wearing makeup I double cleanse with Krave Matcha Hemp cleanser. So you definitely can double cleanse with a regular cleanser and have the same effects. 

I agree with comparing ingredients to see if there is overlap in ingredients they may be causing you to break out. I feel that I have combo skin leaning more on the dry side as well, although I do live in a pretty dry area so that could be it, and I have found that the PHA oil cleanser by Hanskin works really well for me. 

I just saw Belif added a cleansing balm as well and although I have not tried this product, I have tried their moisturizer which I absolutely love!

The best thing to do, @heylyla would be to compare the ingredients lists of the products that you've tried to see what they have in common. That might help you find out what you want to avoid. If you want to steer clear of oil cleansers though, you could always try a micellar water instead. Micellar water is a good alternative to oil cleanser. 

Agreed. Before you spend one more dollar, you have to com...

Agreed. Before you spend one more dollar, you have to compare ingredient lists. It could be an oil or a type of alcohol you need to avoid, but once you narrow it down, you'll become a savvy shopper quickly.

@heylyla  When it's back in stock, try The INKEY List Oat Makeup Removing Cleansing Balm 5 oz/ 150 mL . That's worked well for me and hasn't irritated my fairly sensitive skin. You can even leave it on your face for up to 10 minutes as a soothing mask, if you want. 

I don't follow Dr. Dray on youtube but a friend who does swears by one of her recommendations: Neutrogena Fragrance-Free Body Oil as a first cleanse. I sometimes use it on my body after showering but have never tried it on my face. Curiosity makes me wanna try it though, so I'll do that next time I wear makeup. Anyway, that's another product you could try. 

Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing