Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

Cleanser for dry and sensitive skin

I am looking for a cleanser for dry and sensitive skin. Should I try Cosrx low pH good morning gel cleanser? Any suggestions?

RE: Cleanser for dry and sensitive skin

Purity made simple cleanser by Philosophy

Korres, Tatcha, and Kiehls are all really good

Korres, Tatcha, and Kiehls are all really good
Anonymous Insider

Re: Cleanser for dry and sensitive skin

For oil-based cleansers, I'd recommend Clinique Take The Day Off Balm, Botanic Farm Grain Ferment Cleansing Sherbet or Banila Co. Clean It Zero Purity Balm.  I have combination (oily T-zone, dry everywhere else), dehydrated and sensitive skin and these cleansing balms have not irritated my skin at all - I'm almost done with my 3rd jar of the Clinique balm.  The Clinique one is unscented (as is the Purity version of the Clean It Zero balm).

For water-based cleanser, the CosRx Good Morning Low pH Cleanser that other posters have mentioned is good choice.  I'm currently loving the Neogen Green Tea Real Fresh Foam Cleanser - I was a little skeptical because I thought it would be too drying, but have found that it does a thorough job of cleansing my skin without stripping it dry. It doesn't leave any residue and my skin feels very clean and smooth after using it.  I also like Radical Hydrating Cleanser - it's pricey but moisturizing. I'm about done with my tube of it and I would have repurchased it, price being what it is, but I wanted to try out the Neogen cleanser (and I'm glad I did because it's really working out well for my skin).

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous, how is the Botanic Farm one? 

Anonymous Insider

@Anonymous, I am really liking the Botanic Farm cleansing balm; in fact, I think I may like it a little more than my tried and true first cleanser, Clinique Take The Day Off Balm.  I know.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th jar of the Clinique balm so it's saying a lot.  I find the Clinique one to be very good at breaking down makeup and sunblock; I have sensitive skin but it does not irritate it.  The Botanic Farm balm does a similarly good job of melting down my makeup and sunblock and my sensitive skin has not had a bad reaction to it at all. 

I think the Botanic Farm may slightly edge out the Clinique one in that it doesn't leave any residue behind.  With the Clinique balm, there was the slightest, and I do mean the teensiest, bit of residue left over - it was not really an issue since I double cleanse and my second cleanser would take care of anything left behind by the Clinique balm.  The Botanic Farm one though thoroughly cleanses without any residue.  So, in that regard, advantage Botanic Farm.  Both are great.  The Clinique one is probably more accessible, but I thought I saw that the Botanic Farm cleansing sherbet was available at Ulta, at least online. 

Anonymous Insider

I really like the Neogen green tea cleanser too.  I haven't tried the Clinique balm, but I use the cleansing oil version of it.  I think it is from the same line and just a different formula. 

Try the Dr. Belmeur foaming facial cleanser from the Face Shop. The skin repairing line is amazing and has done wonders for my eczema. The cleaner is super gentle for dry, sensitive and it improves the texture of your skin with continual use. You see results within 2 weeks! I highly recommend using their starter kit before committing to the full size products.

The Innisfree Green Tea Cleansing Foam is amazing for dry and sensitive skin! I got mine off amazon for like $8~ and it is seriously the best! It’s so gentle and so moisturizing for your skin.

CosRx low-pH gel cleanser is a very basic, no-frills, inexpensive cleanser. It will certainly do the job if you are on a student budget or experimenting with gel cleansers. Other brands I would also recommend would be Glossier's Milky Jelly Cleanser, Glow Recipe's Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser, and Fresh's Soy Face Cleanser. I believer all products mentioned are cruelty-free and will suffice well as a second cleanser after your oil-based one.

That one is good, but I feel is more effective for oily s...

That one is good, but I feel is more effective for oily skin because the star ingredient (tea tree) is a natural astringent... plus winter time is coming soon. Belif has a nice cream cleanser, and Belif, Neogen, and Boscia have natural, non- irritating stick cleansers. someone mentioned SUM37's miracle rose stick which is bomb, but I'd only use it at night. it has citrus oils that are high on the ingredients list and can be extremely irritating when exposed to the sun, even with sunscreen over it. personal experience. it is a great moisturizing cleanser for night though.

I love the CosRx low pH cleanser - I use it daily. I mostly use mine in the shower (I shower immediately when I get up), and just as the description says, it's a very mild cleanser. I wouldn't want to use it at night to remove make-up... I don't think it's that strong. (I use a more intensive two-step oil and foam cleansing routine at night.) It doesn't do anything fancy like moisturize or exfoliate, it just cleans.

I've got sensitive skin with rosacea (very dry in areas, oily in others) and have had no trouble with it at all, but I tend do better with gel-based products. It's got a distinct herbal scent that's grown on me. Highly recommend.

Hi there yes I would. I have been using the cosrx low p.h for a few months and I have dry sensitive skin. I use tatcha one step oil and then cosrx as my second cleans. I don't have issues with this cleanser. i use it mostly at night. In the morning I usually just use Andalou Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk in the morning.

I have two different cleansers depending on my needs: the...

I have two different cleansers depending on my needs: the first is Su:m miracle rose cleansing stick with a ph of 5.5 this is for normal skin, but works well on my very very dry sensitive skin type. The second one is Neogen real fresh cleansing stick green tea, this is for dry skin and with a ph of 5 or 5.5 it is also made with some bha to combat acne so I use this when I feel a breakout coming on.

I use one from The Face Shop that I really like. I got it from Amazon. A pea-sized amount on a wet face will cleanse every face in the house so it will last forever. And it's under $10.

Sometimes cream cleansers help I have dry skin also and use COSRX exfoliating cleanser that foams but pair it with their AHA/BHA toner which some how brings moisture back to my face. I try to switch it up when ever it feels to dry. But when ever my face feels stripped I try to pair it with a toner, or moisturizer but something else that stops it from feeling irritated but not smothered.  

Belif cleanser

I've heard great things about the Innisfree blueberry cle...

I've heard great things about the Innisfree blueberry cleanser from people with dry skin. While I know of the cosrx cleanser you mentioned, I've not read reviews for it.

Re: I've heard great things about the Innisfree blueberry cle...

Alright, thank you. I will surely look into it! I have tried First aid beauty cleanser but that was just too drying for me. Fresh soy cleanser was good but I need a more affordable option. 🙂

The cosrx cleanser you mentioned works great for me! Can't make guarantees for your skin type as I have combination skin, but i've been using it for about 2 weeks – no adverse effects, skin feels clean but not tight or dry, stays clean and relatively matte all day with bare skin, feels nice under makeup. My boyfriend has fairly dry skin and liked it a lot when he used it too. Hope this helps 🙂

Thank you so much for your feedback 🙂

Conversation Stats
testing