Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in K-Beauty
|

All things K-Beauty!!

For those who don't know what this is, it stands for Korean Beauty!

Honestly, I'm surprised I don't see even more stuff posted about K-Beauty as it seems to be taking over right now.  I hear nothing but good things about their skincare, makeup, etc!

I recently got the Amorepacific cream as a 100 point perk and am really liking it for daytime moisture (although I think it may be better in the summer as I still feel a tad dry), and I hear good things about the Chosungah22 products which Sephora carries!

I also recently made a giant order through a Korean retailer called Jolse, can't wait to get my stuff!

Do you guys love K-Beauty? Do you have any reviews of stuff you've tried? I'm hoping to get this moving and that people will post in here regularly about skincare and cosmetics from Korea!

Re: All things K-Beauty!!

As someone who's only been doing the k-beauty process for a year, I can definitely say that the essence is a core step for me. An SA explained that the essence is supposed to penetrate deep into your skin and hydrate/treat it deep within (which is why it disappears so quickly), where moisturizers hydrate the top layer and form a barrier to protect the skin from outside contaminants and drying. I've definitely noticed a difference on the days when I use an essence compared to those I don't (particularly in hydration and softness).

That said, I've tried a bunch of essences and some of them are definitely duds, at least for my skin chemistry. And not all of them are super watery. I haven't tried the Missha (it's on my list), but if it's not working for you, then move on. There's a lot of variety out there!

I went through a bottle of it and didn't notice a difference between when I was using it and when I wasn't. I seem to have that problem with a lot of FTEs though. 

I've been using it for a year+ and I've noticed my skin texture and tone improve in general. Although I'm not 100% certain that the FTE is the sole cause of these results, I feel like it adds a nice layer of hydration before serums and other moisturizers and helps them absorb better. 

Thanks @myumew, helping other products is something I hadn't considered!

Heads up MisshaUS is having a 50% off all sheet masks sale which means they start at $1.  

CVS is going to start carrying K-Beauty at select locations. You can check online to see if the items are available at your local store. Also Ulta, and Target have a decent selection.

Sheet masks have become my favorite product so far, but I want to look into snail products because I loved my snail sheet mask. 

I love K-Beauty stuff! I mostly buy everything from ibuybeauti because they have free international shipping over 50$ and almost every weekend they have 20-25% off! I usually buy lip colour or blush related products only, since most face makeup only comes in 1 or 2 colours that definitely don't work for my skin tone, but I recently purchased some skin care products that I am waiting for. If anyone is into cushion blushers, I would definitely recommend the A'Pieu Rilakumma Air Fit Cushion Blusher, it's the cutest packaging over and comes in really flattering colours. I also tried the Innisfree Balancing Cleansing Oil as an oil cleanser and loved it! Whenever I buy from ibuybeauti they usually include some as a sample and it is actually amazing. 

I know that a few people have placed orders from Jolse - do you have to pay any other shipping fees (duties, customs fees, whatever) to have them ship to the U.S.? I have never ordered from anywhere overseas before and I'm a little nervous that I'll end up being hit with extra charges.

Anonymous Insider

No duties for me or any extra charges ever. I once placed an order so big around $300 and it was still fine. I think they declare as gift or far under the value so no extra fees would occur. It should be fine.

Thanks so much! That makes me feel better 🙂

Has anyone tried Benton's Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel or any of the May Coop moisturizers? I'm on the hunt for a lightweight day moisturizer for summer. My skin tends to prefer gel moisturizers but I've been loving May Coop's essence.

Thanks for your feedback! I'm a huge fan of Belif and already use their Aqua Bomb daily, although now that it's warming up, it's starting to feel a bit heavy for day use. (My skin has seasonal split personality - very dry in the winter, but when it warms up, my oily nose and chin/jawline really kick in.) I've also had bad luck with Belif's cream-based moisturizers - I broke out immediately after using the Moisturizing Bomb and the Milky Hydra moisturizer. Hence my hunt for something else.

@Anonymous Thanks for the heads-up on Primera. I've never heard of that brand before, but I see Jolse carries it, and I've been looking for an excuse to place an order from them!

Anonymous Insider

Primera is very mild all natural brand, it first came out as a brand catered towards pregnant women. Maybe try the oil-free watery cream to stay away from breakouts. I personally use the normal version of the watery cream during summer because I think the Aqua bomb is not moisturizing enough for my dry skin during the summer. I switch between the watery cream and the Belif milky Hydra moisturizer.

I have pretty oily skin and don't find the Aloe gel to be enough of a moisturizer, even in summer. It's a nice moisturizing step to have in the routine, but I still need something just a touch "heavier" to really add in moisture at the end of the day. 

I'll second the suggestion below for the Belif moisturizer. 

@tethys180 I've tried the Benton gel. I have normal-dry skin, and found it wasn't moisturizing enough even during summer. If you have oily skin, it might be enough. It's light-weight and helped my cheek redness, so I would definitely recommend the product in that sense.

Anonymous Insider

I recommend the Belif moisturizing bomb you can find it at Sephora it is a gel like moisturizer. If you are feeling more adventurous  I recommend a Korean organic, all natural brand Primera. The Alpine Strawberry Watery cream is pretty great. I believe this cream has gel, normal and intense versions.

Random order from a random curated asian beauty site, BEAUTIFIIX, I think I saw it under Deals on BT? I honestly can't remember so it was sort of a nice surprise today 🙂 Came beautifully packaged with a handwritten note, and 5 free samples! Not just korean brands, but some japanese and taiwanese as well. 

DSC_3241.JPG

Thanks for shopping with us! Glad everything made it safe to you! Enjoy it 😉

Wanted to share this cute find from my recent purchase with Glow Recipe!  This facial cleanser caught my eye with the Meteorites-esque pastel pearls packaged in a little mason jar.  For each use, you're supposed to crush up one bead and mix the powder with water until it becomes a creamy-foamy lather.  I love using cleansers in powder format, but many of my favorites have been discontinued since the trend has mostly died out.  Can't wait to put this one to the test!

May Island Multi Bean Cleanser.jpg

RE: Re: All things K-Beauty!!

I have this too! It's more of a creamier wash than expected. Not bad though

That is super cute!  Please let us know how they work!   @MlleCC 🙂

2 Replies
testing