cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

foundation for dry skin with yellow undertone

Hi beauties!

I've had severe dry skin for many years. I prep my skin when it comes to using foundations as well and it kind of helps. 

My daily routine is using Neutrogenas Hydro Boost Moisturizer for ultra dry skin, Josie Marian Argan oil light, and Make Up Forevers smoothing primer. For exfoliation I use FAB Intensive Radiance Peel.

If I'm doing something wrong for prepping or missing a step and that's why I'm still having problems with foundation please let me know!!

I'm pale with an yellow/olive undertone, and want FULL coverage, so it's hard to find a foundation for dry skin and color match.

The following foundations I've used and have not enjoyed the:

1. Tarte Amazonian Clay

2. Tarte Rainforest Of the Sea

3. Mac Studio Fix Fluid

4. Benefits Oxygen Foundation

5. (only one that worked other than the coverage I want) is Yves Saint Laurents Touche Eclat Le Teint

So, guys...whats the foundation I should try this time?

Re: foundation for dry skin with yellow undertone

You need paulas choice 2% bha exfoliant, organic marula oil as a moisturizer, and nars sheer glow foundation. I alternate with my clinique even better foundation on days where I don't want a lot of coverage, but this combination has completely eliminated my dry patches. I have extremely dry skin.. like before I found a routine that worked for me, I had flakes on my face throughout the day and especially when first waking up. No amount of Ponds, Vaseline, Nivea, Aveeno, Aquaphor, Paula's Choice, or Dr. Jart moisturizers were hydrating enough. 

RE: foundation for dry skin with yellow undertone

Too face Born This Way foundation! It has skincare ingredients in the foundation and can be full coverage. It contains coconut water and hyaluronic acid, both which aid in hydration. I would also try out their hangover rx primer and setting spray which are also great for dry skin. They contain probiotics. I also recommend trying out Korres Greek yogurt cleanser and first aid beauty's ultra repair cream. I had severe dry skin before and these products really helped get my skin back closer to normal skin type. As a bonus, you can try out some hydrating sheet masks or use overnight treatments. Good brands for those are Korres wild rose line, GlamGlow's thirsty mud and Laneige's water sleeping mask.

Re: RE: foundation for dry skin with yellow undertone

Awesome! Thank you for the info! I've had a lot of people tell me about born this way.

MsLata wrote:
Too face Born This Way foundation! It has skincare ingredients in the foundation and can be full coverage. It contains coconut water and hyaluronic acid, both which aid in hydration. I would also try out their hangover rx primer and setting spray which are also great for dry skin. They contain probiotics. I also recommend trying out Korres Greek yogurt cleanser and first aid beauty's ultra repair cream. I had severe dry skin before and these products really helped get my skin back closer to normal skin type. As a bonus, you can try out some hydrating sheet masks or use overnight treatments. Good brands for those are Korres wild rose line, GlamGlow's thirsty mud and Laneige's water sleeping mask.

Re: foundation for dry skin with yellow undertone

HI, I Follow a Girl on Utube that has extreme dry skin. You should check out her skincare routine. She is awesome and tries a lot of make up. Right now she is really loving Giorgio Armani Luminous silk foundations. She feels that it really help her dry dry skin. I don't have dry skin but she really inspires me. I started a whole new skincare routine because of her. Allana Davison is her name. Good luck hope this helps.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing