Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Why aren't there a consistent amount of $50 and $25 gift cards being offered during the reward days (Tuesdays and Thursdays)?

First, Sephora NEEDS to ensure that everyone interested in trying to get one of the rewards (gift cards) are informed of all of the terms of service regarding how these rewards work.

1. You have 90 days to redeem the reward.
  2. The reward needs to be used in one transaction.
  3. Whatever is left over and not used - is zeroed out.

Being that the rewards are only offered on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a specific window of time and you have to move fast to even get the reward and complete the transaction or it will be gone. Who has time to read and understand all of the terms of service when you have to race to even get the reward???? No one! Sephora needs to do their due diligence and post the information upfront, so that everyone is informed and can make an informed choice when selecting these rewards!

The $100 gift cards are often offered first and MOST.

Also many do not know that whatever gift card you get, the total amount needs to be used in one purchase. Otherwise, whatever is left over is zeroed out.

I've been on consistently at 12PM Noon E.S.T. this past Tuesday and Thursday (April 14th and 16th). April 14th, I saw the $100 gift card offered at least four times and there were no other increments offered. I literally refreshed my browser every minute. Then today, April 16th, the $100 gift card was offered twice that I saw. I almost opted to just get a $100 gift card, but I moved a second too slow and it was gone just that fast.

In conjunction to all of the above information in regards to having to use the gift card in one transaction; why are the lower ($50 and $25) gift card increments not offered as often??? I know there are more sought after, because a person has less concern of trying to ensure they use the entire balance in one transaction.

I saw NO OTHER gift cards aside from the $100 increments. The $50 and $25 gift cards should be offered just as consistently as the $100. That gives others a chance to get the lower increments and to use their points as an incentive to take money off of future purchases as well.

Re: Why aren't there a consistent amount of $50 and $25 gift cards being offered during the reward days (Tuesdays and Thursdays)?

If you are tired of it, don't read or reply. Simple solutions for simple people.

Re: Why aren't there a consistent amount of $50 and $25 gift cards being offered during the reward days (Tuesdays and Thursdays)?

@Marie20707 I think they discontinued the lower reward amounts. Also, it’s not their fault if you don’t read the terms and conditions which are listed on every store website when you place an order. There has been various threads on here with people trying to explain the Rouge reward to everyone. 

I didn't even know that as I don't come to this part of Sephora that often at all. So no, not everyone knows any of that information that you shared or I would not have even posted this thread.

Hence that goes hand and hand with the fact that Sephora did not do their due diligence in informing all of their customers. The fact that people have to come to these forums to try to get the information, because the information is NOT clearly posted for everyone to see BEFOREHAND, period.

@Marie20707 It's not just posted on the community portion of the website. You can also very clearly see the terms and conditions for the Rouge Reward if you click on the Rewards Bazaar information on the Beauty Insider page that is available to everyone using this site. It lists all the benefits to the rewards program and details important info. At some point consumers need to put in at least *some* effort to learn about the policies of the stores they use. 

I understand that and I agree. However, I did not see any information on the part that the gift cards needing to be used in one transaction and I didn't even know until today (based on one of the replies) that Sephora did away with the rewards in the lower increments. I didn't see any information listed about that in the rewards section.

That very page highlights a couple of terms and then specifically says:

"Terms and conditions apply. Go to sephora.com/terms-conditions-beauty-insider for more details." 

If someone chooses not to go to that part of the website, that is spelled out for them, in order to read all of the terms and conditions then that's on them. Sephora can't make it any clearer. @Marie20707 

I disagree. Hence why I even posted this thread. If they highlight certain important details, such as what I posted - the time frame, the gift card needing to be redeemed in one transaction, using the total balance and now that the lower increments are NOT even offered. I still don't even see where that's posted.

It seems like many of you are more knowledgeable and spend more time on Sephora than most do. Hell, their own customer service representatives are not always well-versed on all of the details either. So combining all of that information that people need to know beforehand - than trying to get "a reward" within the seconds that one sees it. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I had to learn based on what's posted here, because the information is not easily accessible on the site. I've gone to reward's bazaar many times and have NOT seen much information. That's where it should be listed to make it easier for those that are not coming in the forums. There are many people that do not come to the forums. 

@Marie20707 If you type the link they give you into your browser, you will see ALL of the information laid out very easily. So again, you do not have to be on the forums to get the info. It's there. For everyone. 

"There are none so blind as those who will not see."

If you think the info should also be displayed in the actual Rewards Bazaar, ok. That's not a bad idea. Contact customer service and make that suggestion. 

I appreciate that. I definitely have asked them if they'd make it easier for all customers to be able to find the information by listing it in the rewards section. Thanks, have a great day and be safe.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing