Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Who else is excited for the Hello Kitty cosmetics launch this mid january?

I wanted to buy something online but I was broke from the Christmas shopping. LOL Anyways I know I am. I love the products especially the cute mirrors. My room is sanrio themed. Smiley Indifferent

How about you guys.

Re: Who else is excited for the Hello Kitty cosmetics launch this mid january?

I wasn't really all that excited for it, I'm not against HK or anything but I'm just you know, indifferent.

I did swatch the charmmy liners...uh LOVE. I love eyeliners though so it was really only a matter of time before I bought that set. They glide on easily and are pigmented. Their lasting power for me is on par with Sephora Nano eyeliners or Urban Decay 24/7 liners--which is around 10-12 hours. 

I LOVE HELLO KITTY!!!!! I cant wait until I get the eyeliner set! 🙂

I saw the preview of the line and i was slightly disapointed by the lipstick and eyeliners. They looked sort of..cheap? And the names of the eyeshadow palletes were sort of wierd like "happy fun" and "super time" but the packaging is gorgeous and the makeup brush set was stunning...i thought the lipglosses were very cute as well.

The names work with character, if you've seen any of the cartoons in the past where Hello Kitty talks, she uses expressions like that.

Just to throw it out there I hated the shows where they made her talk, if the orginal creators wanted a cat character to talk, they would of atleast drawn her a mouth.

Also, there's a reason why Hello Kitty doesn't have a mouth... the reason is that she's universal. She's the representative of the Sanrio Brand to the entire world. She speaks from her heart and isn't bound to one single language. This adds to her appeal, regardless of what country you're in, you're bound to find a Hello Kitty Fan. The creator of Sanrio wanted to spread happiness to the world and his products acheive that with their slogan: "Small Gift, Big Smile." A small token of appreciation goes a long way, I'm sure that many of you have recieved a Sanrio gift wrapped up in the familiar paper wrapping and couldn't help but smile once you unwrapped your gift.

jadorezrg wrote:

Also, there's a reason why Hello Kitty doesn't have a mouth... the reason is that she's universal. She's the representative of the Sanrio Brand to the entire world. She speaks from her heart and isn't bound to one single language. This adds to her appeal, regardless of what country you're in, you're bound to find a Hello Kitty Fan. The creator of Sanrio wanted to spread happiness to the world and his products acheive that with their slogan: "Small Gift, Big Smile." A small token of appreciation goes a long way, I'm sure that many of you have recieved a Sanrio gift wrapped up in the familiar paper wrapping and couldn't help but smile once you unwrapped your gift.

I'm bypassing the cosmetics but I have a pair of HK pajama pants that I dearly love.  😄

That's so interesting, jadorezrg.  I always attributed HK's cuteness to the lack of a mouth but didn't realize it had such a meaning.  Cool.

I love HK and I agree that the line was a perfect balance between youth ful and adult. However, I actually really like the super youthful stuff and although I thought marketing wise it was a great balance, as a personal preference I would rather have seen more colorful packaging.

Thanks for the feedback about the line being produced by the same people who produced tokidoki, Kat Von D and TARA Tarantino. Although I've not had the best of luck with Tara, I LOVE tokidoki and Kat Von D. I might take a second look at the HK stuff when  it's back online in January knowing this now. Originally I was seriously only checking it out for the packaging because the HK makeup I remember from when I was little was lame.

No prob, I found out straight from customer service. It's kinda funny, I called the VIB line literally the day before to ask about the Hello Kitty line and then the next morning I got the email to preview and purchase the collection! I've been waiting for this line because I didn't like the MAC collection's design. It just wasn't fun enough to be Hello Kitty, I felt it took itself too seriously, but the products themselves were bolder and colorful in comparison to Sephora's HK collection.

I kinda feel the same way about the packaging. They had to strike a balance to entice a wider audience. But, as a longtime Hello Kitty and Sanrio fan, I would've liked to see bolder uses of color or some prints perhaps in the packaging. It's pretty but, not what I'd expect out of Sanrio.

I'm SUPER Excited! I was lucky enough to see the collection at Sanrio's 50th anniversary carnival here in Los Angeles last november. Didn't get to touch anything though because it was encased in glass Smiley Sad, but The whole collection's GORGEOUS Woman Very Happy! It's a good balance of being grown up enough for adult women to not look too childish, but it's still very fun for younger girls to play with (nothing looked too bold, all looked very wearable)! Luckily, I was awake early and I got to order a few things (Brush set, palettes, nail polishes). I had to make an order for gifts to my sister she's a HK fanatic (I'll be returning what I already bought her for Christmas and replacing it with these things)! I can't wait for my order Woman Very Happy

btw, the collection's made by the Sephora Brand which also makes: Tarina Tarantino, Kat Von D and Tokidoki's lines at Sephora (just to give you an idea of the quality).

BTW Ladies....It WILL be restocked in the middle of January online and in Full Sephora stores nationwide... so if you missed out this weekend, don't worry, there will be plenty to buy in a month. Also, just looked on eBay and some people already listed some of the items at inflated prices, it's so disgusting that they'd do that. So, PLEASE DO NOT purchase from eBay, just wait patiently for a month to get it restocked!

Tags:

P.S. I hate Hate HATE the people who buy up products at these types of events only to turn around and sell them on ebay for outrageous prices. True fans should not have to wait for products because speculators buy things up and try to resell them at extortionist prices. So frustrating. For this reason, I void buying anyhting on ebay unless it's truly discontinued. And even in that case, I'd rather get it at TJMaxx!!!!!!

Amen to that!!! I saw the Hello Kitty Mirror on ebay for 250.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing