Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders

What are the best brushes out there?

I use sephora and sigma brushes but they wear out on me quickly even though i shampoo them..anyone know of good affordable brushes? are the MAC brushes/bobbi brown brushes worth the price?  Ty for ur advice!`

Re: What are the best brushes out there?

Why are they wearing out on you so fast? They really shouldn't do that if you are taking proper care of them. Easiest thing for me when washing is the use of my Benjabelle Brush Tree! Just pop em in upside down and ensures that no water gets in the handle as they dry. 

As far as different brands of brushes, I hardly ever use my MAC brushes (besides the 217 blending brush). My absolute favorite brushes are Real Techniques and Bhumi (although I only have a few, they are so expensive, the genius face brush is amazinnnng!). 

I must have that brush tree!  I had no idea such things existed!

Youtube gets me to buy too much haha! I got mine during the holidays and am so happy, it's such a lifesaver!

I am getting the DIY bug!

Everyone is giving great brands. I also highly recommend Real Techniques and MAC. I have brushes from MAC and Sigma for 4 years now and to this day I am still using them and they work great. I recommend using a gentle shampoo for washing your brushes. I use baby shampoo. When drying them, lay them flat. Never put them standing back up or the water will get to the silver handle and will get loose.

My brush collection is a hodge podge. I have some from all sorts of brands. I'm also a big fan of the Sephora collection brushes, I've had many of mine for years and have nothing negative to say about them. Two of my favorite Sephora brushes are the bronzing brush and our classic smudge brush (great for the lower lash line).

swfupload_1760356295436241430.jpg

swfupload_8381152043738349577.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine

Thank you..great advice..I have never heard of  the technique brushes but im going to try them for sure!

Sephora, Real Techniques (sold at Ulta), and Bobbi Brown are all wonderful.  BB's are the priciest, so you have to watch what you get, but she has some very specific ones that others don't.

Another brand of good brushes, which were not mentioned here, were Crown brushes.  I have a complete set of Italian Badger hair and I love them! 

Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • 22piecebrushset_open.jpg
  • download (1).jpg
  • swfupload_1760356295436241430.jpg
  • swfupload_8381152043738349577.jpg