Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

VIB Status Question

So it's nearing the end of the year and I understand that membership status resets at the end of every calendar year but I was a little curious about something and did some investigating but found nothing really helpful to answer it and decided to come here and see if any of you might have some input.

It says you become VIB after spending $350 every year but my questions comes from the fact that I became a Beauty Insider around September of this year. Now, does the 'calendar year' refer to 365 days since you became a beauty insider or just from january to december regardless of the month you signed up in? 

Kind of a silly question but I wanted to be sure because i'm 155 points away from becoming VIB (which isn't much but as a college student it seems like quite a bit to me lol) but if it does end in december despite me having become an Insider in september, I was probably going to do some splurge spending after christmas to push it over into VIB status before the year was up. 

Re: VIB Status Question

It does run by calendar year so the dollar amount resets to zero on Jan. 1, but your status that you've earned this year continues for the following year. So if you were to spend the money to reach VIB by the end of this December, you will be VIB for all of 2016. You would just have to spend another $350 between Jan 1, 2016 and Dec. 31, 2016 in order to earn VIB again for 2017. 

Hello! Calendar year refers to January - December. Even though you became a Beauty Insider in September, you have until the end of this month to become VIB this year. The dollar amount will start over January 1. Hope this helps!

That's what I thought but I wasn't entirely sure.Guess I'll have some splurging to do after christmas lol. Thanks, it did!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing