Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

There should always be a cruelty-free bday reward

I wish that Sephora would always include a birthday gift from a cruelty-free brand. I’m really disappointed that there isn’t one this month. I’m not going to take a gift from a brand that does support animal testing in some way, so I guess no birthday gift for this Rouge. Oh well. Maybe it’s time to leave Sephora. 

Re: There should always be a cruelty-free bday reward

There is a Rare Beauty birthday gift that you can redeem online. They are vegan and cruelty-free! ♡

I really wish they did too 

@Moonlightfella 
Rouge is supposed to have 4 options.  There are currently 3 - Nars, Maison Margiela fragrance set and Laneige set (contains fragrance).  None of the current options are vegan or cruelty free.  Source - ethical elephant, Laniege (Q&A - Lip Sleeping Mask).

Moroccan Oil birthday set was available earlier this year but it is no longer available on the website and the current options shown are not vegan. I switched to primarily vegan and CF products because of chemical and fragrance sensitives / allergies.  

So for people with sensitives, allergies and/or individuals who live a veganism lifestyle small things like a birthday gift or most free samples tend to be exclusionary thus it can be understandable why the OP is frustrated.  

I know a lot of options run out before the end of year from reading posts on the BT over the years but it seems a bit early to have ran out of a 4th option.  Nor replaced it with another.  Which I think they've done before. 

This will be the first year I will not re-Rouge.  I've been on a low-buy but when I've purchased skincare this year I've shopped directly at the companies' websites due to better discounts, better cashback and consistently receiving samples each shipment that I can actually use.  Also, most send my purchases out via FedEx 2 day delivery free thus in the absence of flash shipping no complaints.  Last year, I found that to be true with most make-up brands as well.  And several of these companies offer an annual free gift of sorts. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Sephora and will continue to shop on occasion online or a freestanding store.  Anyway, bit off topic now - bad migraine and migraine med is starting to kick in.  Apologize if I rambled too much.  

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing