Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Anyone know what concealer works best under eye for dry skin that has some fine lines? Also can you recommend a good setting powder that won’t make this look worse? Been using fenty lately and it seems to make it dry and cracked looking.

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Did Sephora open a warehouse in Las Vegas? My final order was shipped from Las Vegas and because there is a product considered hazmat, it will take a week until I receive my order.

@Loretta55 

Sephora opened a new warehouse in Vegas last fall, according to a quick Google search 😁

Thank you very much @RGbrown. I had no idea!

@Loretta55 

I don’t know about the LV bit, but I often get the Hazmat on the most bizarre products. All of my products ship ground anyway as I live 40 mins from the warehouse, but I get that message on some DDG products and the Morphe setting spray. 

@GG84 

I already knew that two items that I ordered are considered hazmat. The order clearly states that the order shipped in its entirety from Las Vegas. I found it odd shipping from Las Vegas unless my items came from a store.

The Question Thread 2.0!!

I'm looking for a good foundation, my shading unfortunately changes so drastically from summer to winter so it makes it very hard to find a shade that I can blend lighter or darker. Any suggestions?

I heard tarte was good

@Larrissa I have a similar seasonal issue and I've had the best luck with mixing my summer and winter shades of the DIOR - BACKSTAGE Face & Body Foundation. There is a pretty wide shade range, and it's liquid-y enough that it's easy to just mix on the back of your hand. I'm also able to get an 8-hour workday out of it, and it doesn't run in the rain if you layer some All-Nighter on top of it.

I did look into that one, did you ever have a bad reaction?

I did look into that one, did you ever have a bad reaction?

Can someone recommend a self tanner for medium skin tone and some sort of customizable foundation drops. I’d rather not buy a different foundation if I don’t have to

Unfortunately a lot of the custom color drops that I know of are being discontinued. The Cover Fx ones were great except for the container. It got messy quickly, didn’t mix well, and was prone to leakage. I had to move mine into an eye dropper bottle and add a mixing bead. The Cover Fx custom color drops are currently on clearance and I occasionally see them in TJ Maxx so it looks like they are being phased out. Ardency Inn also had custom color drops with much better packaging but they went bankrupt. You can also mix a drop of your current foundation into your lotions and sunscreens.

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@Anaid24 

I love Tan-luxe drops for face

TAN-LUXE THE FACE Illuminating Self-Tan Drops Light/Medium

For body I like San Tropez 

St. Tropez Self Tan Classic Bronzing Mousse 4 oz/ 118 mL

Neither turns orange or yellow on me.

I used my samples of the Drunk Elephant shampoo and conditioner and impressed enough to place an order for the full sized product of each. My question is the consistency of the body lotion. I have been using Josie Maran’s body butter and I need a product that is similar because I really like the scent of the shampoo. Also is the scent long lasting like Josie’s?

@Loretta55 @I found the scent to be pretty subtle on the lotion and not super long lasting. I’ve never used these body butter, but the DE is a thinner consistency - definitely thinner than say the  bum bum cream if you’ve used that

Thank you @Kim888 for your response and for bumping this thread. It is driving me crazy that everyone has been posting questions on the wishlist thread. 

Me tooo! Lol

Bumping this up ! 

Hi friends! @TeamBIC is currently at the bite Lip Lab in SF. I’m making a dark, blue-toned red for my mom. What should I name the shade?? I need your expertise!

Merry Berry @KatieBT 

Wait - I love that BUT what if I named it l8totheparty? @l8totheparty 

610 Replies
testing