Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Do you ever watch Angie on Hot and Flashy on YouTube? She tests all kinds of foundations using all different kinds of primers, application techniques, ect.  and then reviews them on her channel, Hot and Flashy. It is supposed to be for women over 50, but she does a fantastic job and has reviewed many, many brands. If you click on the more button under the video, you can go to her list of foundations she has tested. I just watched the one for the L.M. foundation. From what I saw, it is a more sheer and can be built up to a medium. She also did the P.M.G. foundation, but I didn't watch that one.

@MamaBare27 I've tried both but don't own full sizes of either. LM is more medium and has a really beautiful finish. I don't think it's matte, more of a satin or natural finish.  A lot of times how radiant a foundation is depends on your skin prep. The PMG starts of pretty sheer and is buildable but if you take into consideration price and what you are looking for, I'd say go for the LM. 

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Okay I have this foundation and I love it. But I have no idea on what color concealer to get at all...and the closest Sephora is literally 4 hours away from me.

@Brandiwally are you hoping to get one from NARS's line, like the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Madeleine? I would say maybe Cannelle or Creme Brulee depending on how light you want it.

RE: Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I usually wear NARS in Deauville, and the NARS concealer in Creme Brulee. Works great.

@Brandiwally I typically go a shade or two lighter with my under eye concealer. Are you asking about it for your under eye concealer or is the concealer for imperfections? If this is the case I would recommend a shade that is as closely matched to your foundation.

For under eye. I just have no idea what shade to get for a concealer.

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Has anyone tried the Skinfix Eczema+ Foaming Oil Body Wash 12.5 oz/ 370 mL? I don't have eczema but the skin on my body is super dry right now and I though this might do the trick. If not, please let me know your most hydrating body washes!

I've tried this body wash and it's amazing for dry skin! I also don't have Eczema, but my body is dry and I find this really hydrates my skin. <333

Hi @makeitup305. I've tried the Skinfix Eczema+ Foaming Oil and am eczema-prone. I think how hydrating you find it might be relative to what you use now. I find it similar to Cerave SA Wash or IT Confidence in a Cleanser but honestly, more stripping. For ref.: I usually use Eczema washes, Baby washes, or mix a simple, thin lotion into any wash.

If I were ranking most to least soothing (that still actually cleanse), I'd say - 1) Lotiony: Cetaphil Ezcema Calming Wash, Mustela Stelatopia. 2) Oil-ish: Occitane Almond Shower Oil. 3) Gelly: Cerave SA Wash, Mustela Gentle Cleansing Gel, Aveeno Baby (despite the nozzle). 4) Lotiony: Dove washes. 5) Skinfix Eczema+ Foaming Oil, Johnson's Shea Baby Wash. 6) Most regular washes. HTH! 🙂

@EsinaJ thanks so much for your thorough response! I've been wanting to try that L'Occitane body wash so I might splurge on that instead. Thank you!

I have combination/oily skin (t-zone area, laugh lines and chin area) and since abh is coming out with a dewy foundation that I really really wanna try out since im so used to having a mattifying foundation, is it any good for my skin type? is there anything i should do before applying a dewy foundation?

@andreadaqueen if you apply setting powder and bake it wi...

@andreadaqueen if you apply setting powder and bake it will definitely help keep oil at Bay 😉

@andreadaqueen I wouldn't worry too much.  One of the perks of makeup is just how versatile it is!  I'd use a more mattifying primer in your oily spots and if you find you're getting greasy throughout the day, try setting it to see if it makes a difference.

@WinglessOne was it you that was looking for reusable cotton pads? I've been wanting to switch to reduce some of my waste and was wondering if you'd found any that were good for use with toner. Sorry if it wasn't you!

@makeitup305 not sure if you've found any, but @Buootiful...

@makeitup305 not sure if you've found any, but @Buootiful sent me some amazing makeup eraser rounds and they are fabulous! I use them for toner or micellar water, just about anything

Re: @makeitup305 not sure if you've found any, but @Buootiful...

Oh- these look amazing- where can I pick these up?

Tks 

@Captain1970 I'm pretty sure you can find them on the makeup eraser website

@lmaster oh those are cool! I got some but they're not the same texture as the Makeup Eraser ones. I've been using them with micellar water and they work alright. I might pick some of these up though, they might work a little better. I also picked a different kind for toner and those seem to be working well. Though they do absorb a little more product, I'm happy I cut my waste a tiny bit

They are excellent too!! @makeitup305 after I run out of my disposable ones, I'm going to purchase a pack of these to have as a back up

@makeitup305  Nope, I’m the one who found reusable rounds last year. 🙂 I bought mine on Amazon. Since they do tend to absorb toner, I usually apply toner to my face with my fingers (or spray it on my face) and then wipe it with one of my rounds. That works quite well for me. 

testing