Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

ok thanks @WinglessOne ! I think I'm gonna pick some up soon and give them a shot.

OK.. question thread to rescue again... I used to be able to post links to other threads within BIC but now it is not working and then link is faulty and always "not found". I don't see an icon to add that and when I copy-paste web adress html is becoming wonky. Is it just me?

@naturalooks15 I just tried it and it seemed to work just fine. Are you on mobile or the app?

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I wanted to try a different concealer than I already have and I wanted to know what everyone else is using and which one you would recommend for me. I have combination type skin and would like something that’s medium coverage

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@claudiabonilla  

I am really enjoying the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Magic Away Concealer

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I switched form the Laura Mercer concealer to the too faced born this way one. It’s medium coverage and very very easy to blend.

@claudiabonilla I use Cle de Peau concealer that has spf in it. 

HI @claudiabonilla I agree with @SpaceLlama and @danielledanielle the nars radiant creamy concealer is gorgeous, I also love the BAREMINERALS - BARESKIN® Complete Coverage Serum Concealerit's so smooth and lightweight but provides great coverage. Plus bareminerals is cruelty-free! 

My absolute fave concealer is the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer MadeleineConcealer.I keep trying out other concealers that are cheaper to save money, but I keep coming back to this one because it's so good 🙈 The coverage is amazing and it blends out easily 🙂 @claudiabonilla 

Same @SpaceLlama! I've tried a few, but always make sure...

Same @SpaceLlama! I've tried a few, but always make sure I have my NARS on hand. I do like ELF's 12 hr camo concealer, but the shades can be a tad off... and it's a really THICK concealer, so I just use a little at a time. I also kinda like Jouer's concealer. Hard to match because most stores don't carry it, but I've liked what I've tried thus far.

How do I access threads that I have bookmarked? I searched and got posts from 2014 but those instructions seem to be outdated now. 

@naturalooks15  I'm not sure what kind of a device you're on, but on my laptop I click the notification bell, then the little icon on the bottom left, under where it says "show more"

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.37.14 PM.png

That brings me to my settings. From there you wanna click "subscriptions & notifications" then "my bookmarks"

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.37.40 PM.png

@suzyo  THANK YOU !! I never noticed that wheel/setting icon 😄 it's so faded grey. I just used to see "show more" and that shows me just the notifications. 

Thanks for your help. I can now actually use all the bookmarks I have created in past one year which were just going into a black hole so far 😄 😄

First of all... I live this thread. It helps me avoid opening a whole new thread for small questions.

Where or what brand do you ladies buy workout clothes (for women with larger midsection/tummy area)?

@naturalooks15 Try Gap! I love their workout line, called Gap Fit. Tons of high waisted pants with sculpting and lifting, and they are super comfortable. My Gap tights and leggings are my favorite, I prefer them over other brands.

Thanks @alexasteph  I plan to go check it out today

@naturalooks15 I think Gap is having a big sale right now too, so you should get some good prices!

@naturalooks15 nike dri-fit pants. I have the loose fit,...

@naturalooks15 nike dri-fit pants. I have the loose fit, capris & the leggings. .they have more give than the VS. yes, I have the knockout not total. the cotton leggings high rise are awesome too. I just got some during the sale and am in loovvvveee!😍😍😍💙

I like nike & victoria secret-the knockout, I've read the...

I like nike & victoria secret-the knockout, I've read the total knockout is too thin aka not squat approved😬. They're tight fitting so they'll squeeze everything in & make it stay put instead of jiggling around. The band is also pretty wide. The pockets are also great-they have ones without. @naturalooks15 I would try them on instore but they work for me- mom of 4, 4 x csection & lover of sweets

Re: I like nike & victoria secret-the knockout, I've read the...

@sonnydee  Thanks a lot. I read about VS knockout somewhere recently. Will check them out. So... you are saying there are two versions “knockout” and “Total Knockout” and I should stick with the 1st one, right?

Also, Which style in Nike? There are so many!

Girlfriend makes my absolute favorite leggings, and they have a huge range of sizes. They also sell shorts and sports bras, but I only own the leggings.

1 Reply
testing