Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@niki172 it depends what you want and the finish. I use multiple powders just because. You don’t have to. The only drawback with the CT powder is that the Fair shade does have color, the Hourglass does not. 

@SportyGirly125 I don't necessarily need color, but I'd like something with maybe a slight sheen to help me not look so dry as I don't really have issues with oiliness throughout the day. I don't want a matte look so something along the lines of a natural look in a powder. 

@niki172 you could try MAC Mineralized skin finish they offer a greater shade range or if you use the Hourglass veil setting powder spray some finishing spray so it won’t look so matte.  Or just set with powder where you need it and leave the rest powder free. 

Anyone has any opinion about either of these?? Looking for a moisturizing product as my hair feel very dry.

I remember some folks were using and liking one of these products but not sure which one.  

@tastelikewater @ShortErica I think you guys were using one of these? 

Briogeo Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioner 5 oz/ 148 mL

BRIOGEO - Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Mask

@naturalooks15 I use Oribe Moisture Masque and love the results it gives my hair. 

Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeam...

Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeamuffin and I both use a lot of Briogeo. I like the mask but haven't used the leave in. I also use the Don't Depair Repair conditioner, which I alternate with another DivaCurl conditioner that I own. I really like the scalp revival treatment, too. In my opinion they're really good products, although Sephora carries lots of great hair brands.

@naturalooks15, I've used both the deep conditioning mask...

@naturalooks15, I've used both the deep conditioning mask and the leave in mask. I don't mind the leave in mask but I have really thick hair, so when I use it, I still have to use a gel on top. If you don't have curly hair, you may not need to do that. I've repurchased the deep conditioning mask but not the leave in mask.

Re: Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeam...

@curlychiquita  This mask here is “leave-in mask”. Is this the one you use & like?

@naturalooks15 , I think you are looking for @curlychiquita . I thought that I saw in the Hauls thread, she discussed Briogeo products.

@naturalooks15 I only have a sample size of the leave-in spray, so I don’t think it was me. Sorry I can’t be of more help! I’ve liked every Briogeo product I’ve tried with one exception. The spray is nice, doesn’t make a huge difference in my hair, but then again I’ve only used it a few times.

@tastelikewater me too. I've only had one or two sample sizes and I've used them up but nothing life changing.

Not me @naturalooks15 

Could be @tastelikewater or maybe @bakeamuffin ?

If we're already Rouge and we renew for VIB status this year do we not get anything anymore? We used to get a 15% off coupon I though 😕.

@niki172 

Sadly, you get nothing. The VIB gift is only for new VIBs or folks that were VIB last year...I guess Sephora assumes all Rouges will reRouge and won't waste a gift on us twice

(I'm pretty salty about this, as I haven't even VIB'ed yet this year, and there is a very high chance I won't reRouge either)

Screenshot_20190413-130709.png

@RGbrown well that stinks. 500 points beats nothing so even if we got that I'd be happy. Oh well not much I can do about it :P.

@niki172 I thought so too, but doesn’t seem like it! I hit the “re-VIB” status a few weeks ago and nothing happened 🤷🏽‍♀️

RE: Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I thought it was supposed to be extra points now like 250 or 350 something like that?

@cianni yeah I realized I re-VIB'd about a month ago while looking at my points this morning just looking at what kind of damage I've done so far 😂

Has anybody experienced issues with NARS - Highlighting Powder?  

When I first apply it it looks beautiful and reflective but after a couple of hours it looks dull and dry. Has this happened to anybody else?

RE: Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I bought the famous bord de plage palette a few years ago and it applied patchy on me and I felt it actually kind of broke me out. I don’t have sensitive skin and I’ve never had a reaction to makeup before but I have so many highlighters I took it back since the application just wasn’t great. I know how you feel, everyone raves about their stuff but I didn’t have a good experience
1 Reply
testing