Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away Smiley Happy.

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

@naturalooks15  The Deva and Aquis towels are made of the same kinds of fabrics: 80% polyester, 20% nylon. The standard size Aquis towel is 3” longer and 1” narrower than the Deva towel. The only big difference might be the pile texture of each towel. 

I haven’t seen the Devacurl towel in person, so I’m not sure how thick/plush the pile is. I have several plush microfiber hair towels I bought from TJMaxx and Marshalls—the $5-8 ones they have once in a while, not the more abundant hair turbans—to use as body towels (I don’t like big bulky terrycloth body towels). I never use them on my hair because their long pile texture always snags my coils. Now I need to see and feel the Deva towel in person for comparison. 

My hair loves Aquis towels. They have a very low pile—they’re almost a flat nubby texture—so they never snag and break my hair. I actually prefer the waffle texture Aquis towels for my hair: those seem to work best for my curls, and they have the same low pile texture. I have 3 of the waffle towels and one of the Lise luxe towels. I also have an Aquis hair turban but rarely use it, only because I rarely wrap my wet hair up in a towel/turban anyway. 

Can anyone recommend a setting powder for someone with dry skin that's fair in color? I'm hitting a wall where it either looks way too cakey (this is happening a lot) or it's too dark for my skintone. I use Laura Mercier to set my eyes, but to use it to dust my face it's too heavy for some reason (and I'm using a light hand and not that much powder). I was looking at HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder JOUER COSMETICS - Soft Focus Hydrate + Set Powder

I read from reviews that the Jouer is kind of dark and my local store doesn't have it in stock for me to swatch. As we are approaching the upcoming Spring sale, and also the summer months where foundation just loves to come apart on me, I need a good setting powder. Thank you in advance!

@niki172 - it's way after the sale but I also want to chi...

@niki172 - it's way after the sale but I also want to chime in about the Hourglass powder. I have extremely dry, fair skin and it works wonders for me. Foundation lasts mostly all day.

Re: @niki172 - it's way after the sale but I also want to chi...

Thanks @Nickelliebear1 I wound up buying one of the mini Hourglass powders to try out during the sale so it worked out just fine Smiley Happy.

RE: Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

It’s after the sale, but if you’re still looking the La Mer loose powder and Koh Gen Do loose powder are really great for dry skin and won’t oxidize

@niki172 get HOURGLASS - Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder

it is perfect for dry skin and blends beautifully in the skin. I have light skin that is dry and it doesn’t go on cakey and has no color. 

Thanks @SportyGirly125 . Did you have issues with foundation separating also? It likes to happen around my nose/chin/upper lip area, and it's driving me nuts lol. Plus I'm trying to extend my makeup wear time in the process and the summer heat/humidity can ruin your makeup quite quickly in the Midwest.

@niki172 I have no issues with separation at all. I set my whole face with powder.  I live in CA and we have random heat waves.  I also make sure to use MAC prep and prime skin refined zone where I get oily and MAC blot powder on top of oily areas and have no issues.  Then use the Hourglass under my eyes and nose area and Charlotte Tilbury Flawless powder everywhere else   

@SportyGirly125  so do you like the CT powder better for the face?

@niki172 it depends what you want and the finish. I use multiple powders just because. You don’t have to. The only drawback with the CT powder is that the Fair shade does have color, the Hourglass does not. 

@SportyGirly125 I don't necessarily need color, but I'd like something with maybe a slight sheen to help me not look so dry as I don't really have issues with oiliness throughout the day. I don't want a matte look so something along the lines of a natural look in a powder. 

@niki172 you could try MAC Mineralized skin finish they offer a greater shade range or if you use the Hourglass veil setting powder spray some finishing spray so it won’t look so matte.  Or just set with powder where you need it and leave the rest powder free. 

Anyone has any opinion about either of these?? Looking for a moisturizing product as my hair feel very dry.

I remember some folks were using and liking one of these products but not sure which one.  

@tastelikewater @ShortErica I think you guys were using one of these? 

BRIOGEO - Farewell Frizz™ Rosarco Milk Leave-In Conditioning Spray

BRIOGEO - Don't Despair, Repair!™ Strength + Moisture Leave-In Mask

@naturalooks15 I use Oribe Moisture Masque and love the results it gives my hair. 

Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeam...

Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeamuffin and I both use a lot of Briogeo. I like the mask but haven't used the leave in. I also use the Don't Depair Repair conditioner, which I alternate with another DivaCurl conditioner that I own. I really like the scalp revival treatment, too. In my opinion they're really good products, although Sephora carries lots of great hair brands.

@naturalooks15, I've used both the deep conditioning mask...

@naturalooks15, I've used both the deep conditioning mask and the leave in mask. I don't mind the leave in mask but I have really thick hair, so when I use it, I still have to use a gel on top. If you don't have curly hair, you may not need to do that. I've repurchased the deep conditioning mask but not the leave in mask.

Re: Thanks for tagging me @Loretta55! @naturalooks15, @bakeam...

@curlychiquita  This mask here is “leave-in mask”. Is this the one you use & like?

@naturalooks15 , I think you are looking for @curlychiquita . I thought that I saw in the Hauls thread, she discussed Briogeo products.

@naturalooks15 I only have a sample size of the leave-in spray, so I don’t think it was me. Sorry I can’t be of more help! I’ve liked every Briogeo product I’ve tried with one exception. The spray is nice, doesn’t make a huge difference in my hair, but then again I’ve only used it a few times.

@tastelikewater me too. I've only had one or two sample sizes and I've used them up but nothing life changing.

9 Replies