Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

The Question Thread 2.0!!

Have a question about a setting spray, foundation, concealer color, or an eyeshadow palette?? Look no further than here! Post your questions here about anything and everything makeup, skin, and hair related. Our community is great about helping out gals and guys in need of an answer. Don't be shy - ask away :).

skincare 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Skincare-Aware/Skincare-101-Discussions-Questions-and-All/m-p/27192...

Makeup 101 thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup-Is-Life/Makeup-101-Discussion-Questions-and-All/m-p/2784774

The Hair thread - https://community.sephora.com/t5/Best-Hair-Ever/THE-HAIR-THREAD/m-p/2768486#M6666

Re: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I am using the OUAI - Volume Spray to help build volume in my hair, which sounds to be similar shape and texture as yours. I like how it gives volume but doesn’t make my hair frizzy. I have yet to meet a volume spray that lasts all day, though, @niki172🙄

@eshoeUnidentified

I saw that one in store, and got talked into the living proof volumizing mousse. I hope it works. My experience at the store today was odd - it was like the SA's only heard half of what I said I wanted. I'm going to try it out tonight. If it doesn't work I may pick up the Ouai or the Verb one.

I’ve tried the Verb and loved that one as well, @niki172, but it did tend to cause some frizziness. I like Living Proof’s Full Volume (I think that’s what it’s called), but it’s more for finishing, not for styling. Interested to see what you think of it when you try it! Tag me if you remember ☺️

@eshoeUnidentified

Currently have the living proof in my hair and honesty don't see a big difference between it and what I already own in volumizing mousse which stinks for how much it costs for such a small bottle. Back to the drawing board!

My hairdresser recently used the volumizer spray from the verb. It actually gave me volume! Smells good too. I too have fine, limp hair  & oily scalp but longer than yours. @niki172

Ps. I used the new drybar line, southern belle. I think i used the spray. It was a dud. Not impressed! 😑 just fyi.

@niki172 I liked (it's discontinued) the drybar texas tea...

@niki172 I liked (it's discontinued) the drybar texas tea sh & cond. It worked fairly well. I've tried the southern belle sh & cond, I'm still making my decision on that unfortunately. *anyways* back to the verb. It lasted all day & even until the next day because I remember waking up & my hair still had body & fluff [and that's also when I added it to my loves list after saying whoa!] all my hairdresser did was spray my hair & blow dry with a brush to comb it out straight. he would blow dry sections (that the brush would hold.) he didn't curl it. My hair won't hold curl. hope this helps. I didn't want u to think he did something magical😉. Have you tried anything from igk?

@sonnydee

Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't heard great things about the Drybar line for hair like ours so that's why I haven't tried it out. I'll have to see if that Verb spray is available here. Did the volume last a good while or did you hair go limp after only a few hours? That's my problem - good hair for an hour and then kaput!

***For all the DDG peel lovers who also have oily skin. I've been using my samples up (extra strength) & I'm seeing smoother skin but also I wake up oilier than ever. I usually dont wake up to oily skin so I know it's this. Has anyone else experienced this? thanks!

@sonnydeeUnidentified

Sadly, the DDG peels have alcohol in them, which is probably the cause of your extra oiliness. As much as I wanted to love them, when I discovered that, they went on my nope list pretty darn quickly.

If you aren't already using a facial oil, adding a little to your routine can help combat your skin's desire to produce more in the short term. I still wouldn't recommend the peels for long term use though...alcohol does more harm than good over time.

ohhh...ughhhh! @RGbrown. thanks for the info & quick resp...

ohhh...ughhhh! @RGbrown. thanks for the info & quick response! I'm surprised I didn't smell it...its 2nd on the ingredient list! dang allergies. glad I asked before I bought the mini!

Hello! I’ve really been interested in trying the Glow Inner Beauty powder by The Beauty Chef after I saw a review on YouTube. As I was looking into the supplement on the Sephora app, I ran across Moon Juice’s Beauty Dust and HUM Nutrition’s Raw Beauty powder. I suppose I am just looking for something that might help with a little “revitalization” or “perking up” without necessarily using more makeup. Has anyone had any experience with any of these powders that might give me a little insight to narrow down my choice? I would definitely appreciate the  info 🙂

Hi everyone! I was hoping I could get some suggestions of your favorite color safe shampoos? I'm getting my hair colored rose gold next Friday. It's been a few years since I've dyed my hair, and I have no idea what to pick up. My hair is pretty healthy currently, and hoping that getting it professionally done will help minimize damage. It's fine and lacks volume, so preferably something that won't weigh it down. I'll be picking up some Overtone conditioner and the hair mask to help maintain the color too.

Just went on a color hold sh & cond search myself.@Malice...

Just went on a color hold sh & cond search myself.@Malicequinn More for my daughter who got blue in her almost black hair. I got blonde bolyage for like the 5th time. I tried Hempz, Amika, alterna, & Rita hazan..i ended up buying Rita. I have fine hair & it made my hair so soft & fluffy! Amika was nice but you're going to have to order direct. Hempz was just meh & the smell didn't last. alterna was good but I already have caviar repair.

Just make sure you don't use the overtone stuff too frequently or it will really intensify things - I'm a blonde with bayalage and have to make sure that I don't overdo the purple shampoo because I want a slight silvery tone not a gray one!

I have Alterna and Joico for regular color treated hair shampoo/conditioner in my shower right now, and finishing up the Kevin Murphy blonde angel for my color brightening/boosting - which I'm almost done with and should have waited on the overtone until I was through the Kevin Murphy stuff.

Hey, does anyone know how to cancel a Julep Maven box? I subscribed like six months ago and have to skip my subscription every month because I can't seem to figure out how to cancel. I nearly forgot this month and have no interest in actually getting the box again. Please Help!!

@AaliaaUnidentified

When I cancelled last year, I just sent an email to maven@julep.com. I had an email confirmation back from them the same day 😄

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

This might be weird but i really dislike full-size and sample-size skincare items. They are so hard for me to store. I want everything in kind of a travel-size or premium sample size. But of course most skincare items don’t usually come in those sizes. Is there a way to get these products aside from hoping they come in a subscription box or a sephora favorites set or something?

Re: RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

Hi @SoraDixie, the “beauty on the fly” section of the store (near the registers) has a lot of deluxe or mini sizes. Otherwise, on the website, you can go to Shop, then Mini, to find them you can purchase. Many are great deals. You can also follow the Sephora promos, they often are a great way to pick up new (mostly) products to try in deluxe sizes.  Good luck!

Here is a link to the skincare mini section: https://www.sephora.com/shop/shop-travel-size-skincare 

For those of you who ever had orders combined. Did they give you the promos that you requested? I already called cs they said they would & it shows shipped. (2 of my orders were combined) Just concerned because I wait for good promos before I order🤤

RE: The Question Thread 2.0!!

I got both promos in mine but they only gave me 3 samples instead of the 6

Me too. But I got 4 samples instead of the 6 but at least...

Me too. But I got 4 samples instead of the 6 but at least I got the promos! @sydtomato
testing