Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ

Happy summer BIC Beauties! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Summer treats have been making their way to some Community members and more are en route. Thank you @TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora for helping us kick start the season with these sizzling summer treats! ๐Ÿ’

It's been great to see the unboxings - keep 'em coming! Y'all are so creative!

Excited to hear your thoughts on these fabulous goodies. Any favorite treat(s) from the fun and fabulous gratis? 
Summer Gratis 2a.jpg

Original Post:
Spoiler
Hey there, BIC beauties! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Summer is officially here ๐Ÿ˜Ž and it looks like a summer treat gratis is making its way to some active members of our Community.
Summer Gratis Treat.jpg

Itโ€™s always fun to see and hear about the gratis package. Please feel free to share your unboxings and feedback on the summer treats on this thread.

Many thanks to Sephora and our incredible @TeamBIC for this amazing opportunity and the thought and work that went into curating this summer surprise. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Super excited to see what goodies are en route. In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye out for certain trucks in the neighborhood. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Could a summer treat gratis be in there?Could a summer treat gratis be in there?

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

Reviews have been posted, thank you again @TeamBIC! I get so many compliments on the โค๏ธ shades, they bring a smile to my face and others every time I wear them ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Spoiler

TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL 

SCENT: This delivers high on summer scent, with its beachy-sunscreen (baby oil) air. Although it is initially quite strong, it dissipates somewhat, which is good if you are here for the glitter โœจ

SPRAY: The nozzle emits a concentrated, thick deposit of oil, which helps to prevent overspray.

OIL: As a body oil, while it is hydrating, it stops short of complete absorption and appears to just sit on the skin. I would recommend wearing this when you plan to be outdoors, as it may transfer. Rather than using it as an all over moisture remedy, I touch up my bare arms which also adds a sparkly little shimmer.

SHIMMER: For how glittery it appears in the bottle, the payoff is quite subtle. With gold and platinum leaf (!) I expected something more dramatic, so its softness was a surprise. The flecks look like little twinkling stars on my arms, giving a little drama but not blinding.

Overall: This is not something I would buy given the scent (personal preference) and the lingering oily feel on my skin. It will go with along outdoor adventures, as the barely-there shimmer is pretty in the sunshine.

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

SCENT: This reminds me of just-right lemonade; not too sweet, not too sour. After removing, a soft remnant of this lingers.

GRANULES: This feels rather gentle, with plentiful brown sugar crystals dispersed evenly though out the jar. A little goes a long way, too.

RESULTS: This scrub has the right balance of gentle exfoliation and soft nourishment. The scent and experience make this enjoyable to use, which all skincare should be! My lips feel smoothed without residual dryness.

Overall: This is a product I would repurchase and am thrilled to have in my evening routine.

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancerยฎ Medium 

SHADE: My initial thought was, oh no - this is much too dark, and I do not wear bronzers. How can I put this to use? After reading how others were using it (contour, edges of the face, etc) I decided to give it a try under my cheek bones. Hello Definition! But in the most believable and natural way. It has an almost warm reddish-brown hue that applies smoothly over my foundation and with under cream blush. This is also sheer enough to blend out and disappear where I do not want it.

TEXTURE: Gorgeously creamy and buttery soft. The product feels weightless on the fingertips.

LONGEVITY: Set under finishing powder, this lasts about half of the day most days, depending on level of activity (and being indoor/outdoors). My cheeks tend to be drier than the rest of my face, so it is possible that my skin absorbs it as the day wears on. A mini for mid-day touch ups would be fantastic.

Overall: My expectations were minimal, but the results have been outstanding for me. I love the shape this gives to my face, it really does enhance the features and for how easy it is to use, this is a love and a brand I will explore further.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 

While this review is for a product I received gratis, I have purchased it repeatedly in the past.

SCENT: For such a beloved product, it was a challenge to add something novel or remarkable about this scent. I โ€˜discoveredโ€™ this body cream years ago after passing along samples as I took the name literally and decided I was not interested. The first time I took it in, I realized I had been missing out, Warm, spicy, and nutty - a very gourmand treat. The nearly invisible, blink and you will miss it flattering pink shimmer is a bonus.

TEXTURE: A true body cream, it is thick and weighty, while at the same time, absorbs quickly. It is somewhat lighter in consistency than the newer scents, but provides excellent hydration nonetheless.

LONGEVITY: After applying this in the morning, my skin feels soft and moisturized all day. The scent is most noticeable during initial application, but jumps out here and there throughout the day.

Overall: This is a tried and true favorite of mine, one that I have purchased repeatedly. While I currently prefer the Bom Dia and Beija Flor scents, this is one I would recommend to those who have yet to try the brand.

OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL 

My hair is thin and wavy, with low porosity. I rarely wear it in its natural state, opting to dry with a round blow-dryer brush and flat iron.

SCENT: This reminds me of the Melrose Place scent, and is noticeable upon spritzing, but fades rather quickly.

TEXTURE: A little goes a long way. The right amount gives my hair volume; too much gave it a crispy texture.

Overall: I tried this four different ways,

With varying degrees of success.

First, using my everyday product routine, using Kรฉrastase Nutritive Nectar, Color WOW Dream Coat and Olaplex #6 on the ends of my hair. I misted the OUAI all over, then sectioned and twisted my hair, pinning each section at the bottom and air drying. The result was a somewhat frizzy mess.

Second, I used it as a substitute for dry shampoo (which I do not use) to see if it would โ€˜wake upโ€™ and refresh day-old washed hair. Unfortunately this made my hair look greasy, so that was a quick no-go.

Third, I used a curl defining cream (MoroccanOil Curl Cream) and sprayed the Ouai, repeating the styling steps above, and gently blow drying after allowing my hair to air dry for about a half hour. This combination gave my hair very soft, natural-looking waves that I pulled up into a ponytail. This look lasted all day, through being out in the sun, heat, and misters. It was a style I have attempted before, but by the end of the day it is usually flat. This was encouraging!

On my fourth and final attempt, I used the curl cream, repeated the original styling steps, and used a diffuser to blow dry my hair. This resulted in slightly defined waves that felt a little crispy, with an overall voluminous effect.

Final Thoughts: This is not a product that I would use often, only due to the texture/thickness of my hair. Although it does provide some added volume, finding the right balance between full and crunchy is tricky. For someone who washes their hair 2-3x a week, this can be a tricky product to use. That being said, with thicker/fuller hair, I have seen this produce some gorgeous waves! Just know your hair before buying. This was a case of, โ€œItโ€™s not you, itโ€™s me.โ€ 

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

@eshoe you gave such thorough reviews!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts :).

Thank you, @CookieGirl1. Itโ€™s a challenge to strike a balance between sufficient testing and timely reviews!

Great detailed reviews @eshoe!

Thank you @Saradestin!

@eshoe @Love your reviews. I know it will help a lot of people. 

Thank you, @SportyGirly125. I hope so. I know many people filter out the incentivized reviews, which is why I try to share the good and the not-so good. I know you do the same.

fresh lip exfoliator.jpeg

Iโ€™ve been on the hunt for a lip scrub since my favorite was repackaged (and likely reformulated as well) a few years ago. Iโ€™m not quite ready to say this fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator  is a new love but it is definitely one I like. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

The brown sugar granules in this lip polish  are larger than in most lip scrubs but theyโ€™re not harsh. They do a good job of buffing away dead skin as I massage the product over my lips. My lips lean on the drier side and I found that the shea butter and jojoba oil base that these granules are embedded in help to keep my lips lightly hydrated all while exfoliating my lips and making them soft and smooth. 

Thereโ€™s a noticeable scent to this scrub - a mix of a sweet, brown sugar smell and something earthy, ever so slightly bitter. To my nose, itโ€™s not a bad scent, but itโ€™s not necessarily one that I would seek out on my own. It is on the strong side and that may make this scrub a pass for those sensitive to scent.

Overall, a good lip scrub for some weekly lip care or to prep and prime lips before applying a matte lipstick. 

Thank you @TeamBIC! Iโ€™m venturing out into more matte lippies and this lip scrub has helped to make my lips a soft, smooth canvas for them. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

Thank you for sharing your opinion with us @itsfi ! 

Here are some thoughts on two of the products (I will post more soon - I'm just slow!!!) Thank you again @TeamBIC 

I had tried the fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator before, but I hadn't used it for a while and this was a great treat. I like that it's gentle but the particles are still large enough to be effective. You just massage it on the lips and wipe away. I love the scent - it's kind a dark brown sugar smell or molasses smell. It does a nice job of keeping my lips hydrated with the shea butter and jojoba oil. This is a must have for me, especially when wearing liquid lipsticks.

I had been wanting to try the Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Transforming Skin Enhancer but hadn't had a chance to purchase it yet, so this was a perfect opportunity. I received the shade Medium, so I was a little worried it wouldn't work for my light skintone. I think because it's an "enhancer," however, the shades may be a bit more forgiving. It's described as three-in-one (balm, skin tint, bronzer), and the finish was sheer enough that I didn't have to worry about it looking streaky. It looks a bit dark when swatching, but I'm able to blend it into my skin quite nicely. Overall, it provides a nice, dewy bronze look. I've used my fingers, a brush, as well as a sponge, and all three have worked just fine. I've mainly been using it to warm up my face overall, but it also works nicely as a contour.

mbmenhancer.png

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator 

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancerยฎ  

@PrettyPaintI love your photo, the red contrast is so striking!

Awww thank you @eshoe 

I am happy you are enjoying the products @PrettyPaint ! I really like Marioโ€™s skin enhancer but it is not dark enough so I need to apply a bronzer on top. It will be perfect for winter, adding warmth to my skin and that beautiful glow! 

@Saradestin  I was really surprised that it wasn't too dark for me! When I first looked at it I thought no way, but it blends in perfectly. I'm glad it still works for you to add some warmth! 

It does @PrettyPaint , and I love it, but I am looking forward to seeing how it looks in my winter skin. I think it will be just perfection then โค๏ธ

596BB0C9-5EE7-409F-A147-C4F787317D22.jpeg

โ€ƒโ€ƒ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— hello everyone! I'm a little late but that doesn't mean I wasn't as excited as everyone else! OMG! this box was so great! So many amazing goodies! I finally got a chance to play with all the goodies. Thank you so much @TeamBIC  for being so amazing and making these unique gifts for us! Love the towel and the sunglasses! I will save the pool floatie for a very special summer. Thank you again! ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• 

2FEACB5C-360A-4B88-8AB1-739220549036.jpeg

โ€ƒi have on the Makeup By Mario Soft Sculp in Medium, I thought it was going to be too dark but it blended quite well to a soft light brown. I also used the  Tom Ford body oil it smells just like the Perfume and it's delicious just with tiny gold shimmer. I sprayed in my hair the OUAI wave spray, smells like all the OUAI line, but not as strong as the rest of their products. After I sprayed on dry hair  I set it on a bun while I did my make up and then I let loose when I was all done and  I had wavy hair ๐Ÿค— yay!  Wouldn't recommend  for dry hair. 

https://community.sephora.com/t5/c-sephora/MAKEUP+BY+MARIO+SoftSculpt%2525C2%2525AE+Transforming+Ski...

https://community.sephora.com/t5/c-sephora/TOM+FORD+Mini+Soleil+Blanc+Shimmering+Body+Oil+1.5+oz%252...

44A810A8-B512-43E3-9E8B-D3DE03893DE4.jpeg

https://community.sephora.com/t5/c-sephora/OUAI+Wave+Spray+4.9+fl+oz%25252F+145+mL/pd-p/P406665_1802...

Congratulations ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ‘ @Missnur 

Congratulations, @Missnur! That MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancerยฎ  is su surprising, isnโ€™t it? Love the shades on you, too ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Congratulations @Missnur   I love your hair sooooo much!

Thank you! ๐Ÿ’•

Always gorgeous @Missnur! โค๏ธ Those sunnies look amazing on you! Congratulations and enjoy!!

1,399 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • Could a summer treat gratis be in there?
  • Summer Gratis Treat.jpg
  • Chasing UPS.jpeg
  • 77BF2987-FF22-46E3-B278-28730F3E7F7E.jpeg
  • 20220623_151633.jpg
  • D7C9353C-E962-4C34-83E8-07E51C5AD913.jpeg
  • B4566B75-069D-4D93-B46F-F603ED10AFA6.jpeg
  • 80211991-FCB2-4B8E-99A2-176DF25C62E9.jpeg
  • DF65E88B-AE46-4A36-BDDE-7D8EBD6B954E.jpeg
  • AF38B9A1-2420-4E52-9F0B-5E5CDD053310.jpeg
  • F22A9057-FC52-4465-994B-272CC30AAFC7.jpeg
  • 83EDE172-9AB2-4926-9800-A19339A05AFB.jpeg
  • 16BC3C28-E629-4E89-A2A6-B39304A30F1C.jpeg