Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ

Happy summer BIC Beauties! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Summer treats have been making their way to some Community members and more are en route. Thank you @TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora for helping us kick start the season with these sizzling summer treats! ๐Ÿ’

It's been great to see the unboxings - keep 'em coming! Y'all are so creative!

Excited to hear your thoughts on these fabulous goodies. Any favorite treat(s) from the fun and fabulous gratis? 
Summer Gratis 2a.jpg

Original Post:
Spoiler
Hey there, BIC beauties! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Summer is officially here ๐Ÿ˜Ž and it looks like a summer treat gratis is making its way to some active members of our Community.
Summer Gratis Treat.jpg

Itโ€™s always fun to see and hear about the gratis package. Please feel free to share your unboxings and feedback on the summer treats on this thread.

Many thanks to Sephora and our incredible @TeamBIC for this amazing opportunity and the thought and work that went into curating this summer surprise. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Super excited to see what goodies are en route. In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye out for certain trucks in the neighborhood. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Could a summer treat gratis be in there?Could a summer treat gratis be in there?

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

Congratulations, for receiving this wonderful Gratis from Sephora, @PrettyPaint !  

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

The bag and sunglasses are so cute too!!

Congratulations @PrettyPaint! There is so much and so perfect for summer! I am loving everything so much! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Congratulations, @PrettyPaint! Those were both such a wonderful touch, I think both will get a lot of use over the next few months. Enjoy!!

@PrettyPaint Congrats on this gratis!

Congratulations, @PrettyPaint ! ๐Ÿฅณ

I have now had a chance to try all of the gifts I received in this super fun gratis, and here are my thoughts!

The Bag/Sunglasses - I took an impromptu overnight trip at the beginning of this week and used the bag to pack my belongings. It was perfect for my stuff, durable and comfortable to carry. It's large enough it could handle a weekend trip as well. I will definitely be using this quite a bit for those types of adventures! The sunglasses, while super cute, I find to be a tad too dark in the lenses so they are tough for me to wear. I'll still hold on to them, as I can still see myself using them for themed outfits and styling them on my head.

OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL - This is not a product brand new to me, so I was pleased to have a full sized bottle. It creates just the right amount of movement in my ends to look carefree and relaxed, and holds up well for next day hair. Being a texture spray, it can lead to a bit of grittiness to the hair, so I use leave in treatments and oils before to keep my strands soft and manageable. 

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream - I haven't met a SDJ product I haven't liked and this is no exception. The OG, the beginning, started it all. Absolutely one of my favorite scents (I wear their Rio Deo with the same scent every day), it's just a great body product. I've sang the praises of how wonderful their creams are for hydration and moisture without being sticky, slick, they are perfect for hot and humid weather. 

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator - This made my lips feel soft, smooth, and hydrated. Super easy to use, I can very easily fit this in to my routine 2 or 3 times a week. I enjoyed the results quite a bit. Some lip scrubs feel like they suck the moisture out and makes my lips feel tight and uncomfortable, and this did not. I've tried a few, but this is my favorite.

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculpt Transforming Skin Enhancerยฎ  - It doesn't seem like I'm the only one who is a tad confused by this product... It's supposed to be a multi-use glow giver, bronzer, perfecter, balm, sort of... thing. The texture is definitely soft and bouncy, not a cream or a gel, almost mousse like. The shade I received is too dark to use all over, so I tried it as a bronzer for my cheeks on a no-makeup makeup day. I just sorta tapped my bronzer brush in the compact to pick up a tad and swept it over my cheeks the same way I would a bronzer, then topped it with a bit of cream blush. The finished look was a nice, natural defined cheek. While I am pleased with how it works in this way, I'm not sure I would use it in any other way and I already have bronzers I enjoy for this purpose. I am thankful to have tried it, and may pull it out on occasion, but it's not something I will find myself repurchasing or encouraging me to explore other products in the brand. It's fine, but I'm not so blown away by it.

#TOM FORD Mini Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 1.5 oz/ 45 mL Oil - Unfortunately, this is not the type of product I am interested in using. I'm not a fan of shimmer or glitter, unless it's eye shadow, so it's a pass for me. I tested it on my arm/shoulder on a day I wasn't planning to go anywhere, and it's just too much for me. The smell was okay. 

@alexasteph  Congratulations!! Too bad you werenโ€™t a fan of the TF or the makeup by Mario. 

@alexasteph Congratulations๐ŸŽŠ Great reviews.

@alexasteph Congrats!

@alexasteph ,

It's great to read your reviews since you have had a chance to try these!  ๐ŸŒž

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us @alexasteph !! ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Congratulations, @alexasteph and thank you for the reviews.

โ€œBeing a texture spray, it can lead to a bit of grittiness to the hair, so I use leave in treatments and oils before to keep my strands soft and manageable.โ€

This is very helpful intel, thank you for sharing. I have also used this product before, but this will help improve my look ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ 

@eshoe Youโ€™re welcome! Itโ€™s lead to good results so far! 

@alexasteph Do you spray the spray right after you put the oil or leave in on? Or give it time?

@Samtian I put it on right after when my hair is still damp. Itโ€™s the last step in the product routine. I donโ€™t generally like using anything on dry hair, my hair just donโ€™t really like it! 

@alexasteph Thanks! I'll test that out. 

Today I'm wearing the TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil.  I spritzed it on my arms after my shower while I was still a little damp.  The oil soaked in virtually immediately and did not leave a residue.  The sparklies are micro and scattered and are not noticeable unless you are in direct light (the sun, a lamp, etc.).  The scent is unpleasant if you don't like tuberose as I don't.  Fortunately, it only lasted on me about five minutes.  Though I truly dislike the scent and I'm not crazy about the glitter or being shiny, I like the oil itself, so I will continue to use the body oil on the days I intend to stay home.

@Titian06  Yay! I love a good glitter spray! 

@Titian06 ,

It's great that you can find a way to use the Body Oil!

@Titian06 you have such a great attitude and way to workaround something you arenโ€™t too fond of. Kudos to you ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

1,399 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • Could a summer treat gratis be in there?
  • Summer Gratis Treat.jpg
  • Chasing UPS.jpeg
  • 77BF2987-FF22-46E3-B278-28730F3E7F7E.jpeg
  • 20220623_151633.jpg
  • D7C9353C-E962-4C34-83E8-07E51C5AD913.jpeg
  • B4566B75-069D-4D93-B46F-F603ED10AFA6.jpeg
  • 80211991-FCB2-4B8E-99A2-176DF25C62E9.jpeg
  • DF65E88B-AE46-4A36-BDDE-7D8EBD6B954E.jpeg
  • AF38B9A1-2420-4E52-9F0B-5E5CDD053310.jpeg
  • F22A9057-FC52-4465-994B-272CC30AAFC7.jpeg
  • 83EDE172-9AB2-4926-9800-A19339A05AFB.jpeg
  • 16BC3C28-E629-4E89-A2A6-B39304A30F1C.jpeg