Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ

Happy summer BIC Beauties! ๐Ÿ˜Ž Summer treats have been making their way to some Community members and more are en route. Thank you @TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora for helping us kick start the season with these sizzling summer treats! ๐Ÿ’

It's been great to see the unboxings - keep 'em coming! Y'all are so creative!

Excited to hear your thoughts on these fabulous goodies. Any favorite treat(s) from the fun and fabulous gratis? 
Summer Gratis 2a.jpg

Original Post:
Spoiler
Hey there, BIC beauties! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Summer is officially here ๐Ÿ˜Ž and it looks like a summer treat gratis is making its way to some active members of our Community.
Summer Gratis Treat.jpg

Itโ€™s always fun to see and hear about the gratis package. Please feel free to share your unboxings and feedback on the summer treats on this thread.

Many thanks to Sephora and our incredible @TeamBIC for this amazing opportunity and the thought and work that went into curating this summer surprise. ๐Ÿฅฐ

Super excited to see what goodies are en route. In the meantime, I'll be keeping an eye out for certain trucks in the neighborhood. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Could a summer treat gratis be in there?Could a summer treat gratis be in there?

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

@SportyGirly125That would be a lovely shade for you.  Even though medium works for me with a little tan, I think I should go for light. 

Re: ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–๐ŸŽ The 2022 Summer Treat Gratis Thread - Thank you TeamBIC, fresh, Makeup By Mario, Ouai, Sol de Janeiro, Tom Ford and Sephora! ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ–?

@Ispend2much6 I was thinking about light but medium sheered out so much for me.  Iโ€™m afraid it will be too light since itโ€™s for fair to light skin tones. 

I think I would have to go with light @Ispend2much6 .

@Ispend2much6 Love the glasses on you! ๐Ÿ˜

@Mellmars1185  Thanks!  They actually looked very becoming on you!

@Ispend2much6 Thank you ๐Ÿ™

Today I tried two more products.  First was the OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL .  I think there may have been operator error involved.  I read the instructions on the Ouai website and watched the video.  This morning, I sprayed it on my towelled-off wet hair, scrunched, and air dried.  After it dried, it looked awful, or maybe it looks like it's supposed too.  I'm not sure.  It looks flat, greasy, and stringy.  Is that what beachy hair is supposed to look like?  It left some crunch.  Also, I barely noticed a scent.  Next time I'll try it on dry hair; but so far, I'm not impressed.  (I should mention, I have fine, thin wavy, curly hair.)

I also tried the Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream .  I would never have guessed this was a lightweight, whipped cream!  I had expected something heavy and more appropriate for the winter.  I didn't need to use as much as I do with other body moisturizers.  Definitely a nice one for summer.  As for the scent, it was much stronger when opening the jar than what was left behind on my skin.  It's still too sweet, but as long as I don't inhale or use too much, I should be good to go.  Definitely worth trying if you can tolerate the scent.

@Titian06 I used the Wave Spray today as well, and while I would say my hair does feel a little more textured, itโ€™s not messy or stringy. First I used a leave in, then Verb Ghost Oil for frizz, and finished with a good amount of the Wave Spray, using my fingers to shake it out form the roots and distribute the product. After my hair air dried, and was nearly dry, I combed through with a wide tooth comb which evened out and broke up some of that crunchiness. My hair is fine-medium, mainly straight, but has a few waves, and can get a little frizzy. Using a treatment leave in or an oil first, and finishing with the Wave Spray may help! 

Thanks for the tips, @alexasteph !  I'll give these a try.  I'd really like to make this product work so I can do something different with my hair! ๐Ÿ˜

Youโ€™re welcome @Titian06! My next day hair has held up, with a little more bend and movement in my ends, which is typical of my hair after I wake up haha. The Ghost Oil is an absolute hair saver, so if you havenโ€™t already incorporated it in to your routine, I completely recommend it! 

@alexasteph - I've been using Verb Ghost Oil for years.  I started writing a comment that after the fact I wondered if I should have used my hair oil with the wave spray.  Your comment answered my thought so I decided to delete that from my reply to you.  Unfortunately,  I keep forgetting if you tag a product and then delete the tag in the sentence, you still have to delete the product from the list under the post you're writing.  This is why a product with no reference showed up in my reply to you! ๐Ÿ˜„

Mmmm I love the cream @Titian06 

@Titian06 Thanks for the feedback. I was wondering how to use the wave spray. Sounds like i have similar hair as you naturally. Maybe i will try on my blow dried hair after a few days for a refresh. Maybe that will make it more beachy because it will bring some curl back??

@Mellmars1185 - That's how I'm going to try it next time, on second or third day hair to see how it works to revive my waves/curls. ๐Ÿค”

@Titian06 I think we may be onto something here ๐Ÿ’ก

@Titian06 I didn't even think to look at the Ouai video before I used it.  Just checked it out now.

Here are my reviews on all the Summer goodies I received with pics of course. 

Trust the processโ€ฆ.I went a little heavy to show you where I placed the product as a bronzer/contour.  Also, to create easy heatless Beach waves this is one way I like to create them by dividing my hair in sections in twists or twisting them around your head. You can also create waves by braiding your hair.  

I forgot to mention that Oribe texturizing spray can give your hair instant volume if it is looking flat. Or if you want more waves twist your hair tighter and pin them in curls on your head.  Another trick is to braid or twist your hair loosely and run a flat iron over them for a little bit.  You could also add some heat with a blow dryer.  If you drenched your hair in the spray your hair is going to feel gross and crunchy. You donโ€™t need a lot of the spray to get a desired effect. If you didnโ€™t want to spray it directly on your hair you can spray it in your hand and run it through that way. 

EB1963CF-834B-4020-BD47-176120D21E7C.jpeg

C36D5E81-B5CE-4F08-9E2C-0EFD4F1DE694.jpeg

Even though it looked really dark, this is how it looked after I blended it into the skin. 

536066F2-0403-4A12-A750-620E8A5D36BF.jpeg

A5798958-1AB5-4885-BF6D-7EC3FFC99E7D.jpeg

Now for the final look. Beach waves โœ”๏ธ Sun protection โœ”๏ธ Outfit โœ”๏ธ Summer vibes โœ”๏ธ

E84B2B5E-F088-4C6C-A0C6-D169DF4CF8EB.jpeg

73C7123F-73B5-432A-9209-4B2754F41BD0.jpeg

675C2C30-16A9-44CD-8E05-483EAF210CA1.jpeg

TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil 

I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  I did notice that you must be careful when spraying the body oil on because it squirts the product out at you.  Also, the glitter is pretty noticeable when you rub the product into your skin.  I did wish it was more finely milled.  It wasnโ€™t oily or greasy but dried down pretty quickly.  If you love the Tom Ford Soleil Blanc scent already then you will love the scent of this as well.  I did find it strongly scented so that is something to be aware of.  The scent lasted a couple of hours before fading.  Overall, it did give a nice shimmer on the body when I was out in the sun.

MAKEUP BY MARIO SoftSculptยฎ Transforming Skin Enhancer Medium

I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  The color looked pretty dark in the pan when I opened it but swatched lighter on my skin and was more warmed toned.  Something to keep in mind when you see the product in store.  It felt smooth when applying and blended effortlessly into the skin.  I used a contour brush to apply it strategically.  You can apply it with your fingers, a sponge, or a brush if you want.  I used this as more of a bronzer/contour and placed it along the forehead and below my cheekbones.  You could also apply it on your nose, crease of the eyelids, and along the jawline.  Since it is a cream product, I highly recommend setting it with translucent powder to lock it in place.  Overall, I really liked the product on my skin as it gave it a slight glow and am also thinking of purchasing the skin perfector that goes along with it.

fresh Sugar Lip Polish Exfoliator

I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  I personally have not found a better lip scrub than this one.  I have tried other brands but keep coming back to this.  I use this product at least once a week to get the dry and dead skin off my lips and follow up with a lip mask or balm. You can apply it with your fingers and rub it in or with a lip scrub brush.  If you are sensitive to fragrance you may want to stay away since it does have a brown sugar scent to it.  A little goes a long way, so I donโ€™t apply too much of it on my fingers.  I only need to scrub my lips for about 5-10 seconds before I can feel a difference.  When you wash the product off it leaves your lips feeling smooth and nourished.  A definite repurchase.  Your lipstick, gloss, or balm will thank you.

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Body Cream

I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  This is a sweet-smelling strong fragrance so it will be a hit or miss for some.  To me it smells like sweet vanilla with a hint of pistachio.  Itโ€™s the perfect summer scent but you could also wear it all year.  I usually layer it with the body mist so it last longer on me.  I apply it after I get out of the shower when my body is still damp so the product can sink into my skin.  Since it is a cream, the texture is thicker, and you have to rub it in.  After using it for weeks, I did notice that my skin was hydrated after use but didnโ€™t notice any tightening as the product claims.  If you didnโ€™t want to commit to the full size, you can purchase the mini size to see if you like it or not.    

OUAI Wave Spray 4.9 fl oz/ 145 mL

I am sharing my honest and authentic opinion, as a Sephora Beauty Insider Community Ambassador.  The product does have a nice floral scent to it but quickly fades away after a while.  You can use this on damp or dry hair.  To create easy heatless waves, I like to either twist my hair in 4 sections wet or dry or braid it in sections (this depends on what kind of waves you want to achieve).  Then I will spray it over the sections I made.  I usually put 2 pumps in each section and let it air dry or sit while I do my makeup or chores around the house.  When your hair dries, and you take out the sections you are left with nice beachy waves.  Another way to use this is after you have created waves with a flat iron.  You can spray the product in your hair and tousle it with your fingers to create texture and body.  I didnโ€™t find it leaving my hair crunchy but soft to the touch.  The only thing I didnโ€™t notice was shine to my hair.

@SportyGirly125 your mini tutorial here is extremely helpful. I took a screenshot to help me with the beach wave look. 

@eshoe Aww thank you.  Glad I could help someone.  The waves last longer when your hair is damp and you do it, but this way also works.  I have some pics on my gallery where my hair is beach wavy and these are the techniques I used that helped me.

My hair is not as full as yours, @SportyGirly125, so I am being realistic. Truth is I usually donโ€™t do much more than blow dry with a brush and flat iron to help smooth away the frizzies. But I am willing to try, because who knows, I could discover a look I love๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

@SportyGirly125 great reviews!! I personally love the smell of the whole sol de janeiro line. To me, it's more like a warm vanilla with peanuts scent than pistachio, but it's so good ๐Ÿคค

Conversation Stats
Photos113
  • Could a summer treat gratis be in there?
  • Summer Gratis Treat.jpg
  • Chasing UPS.jpeg
  • 77BF2987-FF22-46E3-B278-28730F3E7F7E.jpeg
  • 20220623_151633.jpg
  • D7C9353C-E962-4C34-83E8-07E51C5AD913.jpeg
  • B4566B75-069D-4D93-B46F-F603ED10AFA6.jpeg
  • 80211991-FCB2-4B8E-99A2-176DF25C62E9.jpeg
  • DF65E88B-AE46-4A36-BDDE-7D8EBD6B954E.jpeg
  • AF38B9A1-2420-4E52-9F0B-5E5CDD053310.jpeg
  • F22A9057-FC52-4465-994B-272CC30AAFC7.jpeg
  • 83EDE172-9AB2-4926-9800-A19339A05AFB.jpeg
  • 16BC3C28-E629-4E89-A2A6-B39304A30F1C.jpeg