Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Insiders
|

Thank you Sephora & Too Faced๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Look what I just got!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ love the packaging & LOVE the bag. Thank you, Thank you, thank you! So excited to try this out! I've nevermet a too faced mascara I didnt love so here's another one to add to the family. Literally just got in the mail so will try out & keep yall updated!

Hi @sonnydee ๐Ÿค— this is great! Congratulation!

Re: Thank you Sephora & Too Faced๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Yay @sonnydee! Congrats, can't wait to hear about it!

congrats sweet lady! @sonnydee

Congrats @sonnydee Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Anyone who has seen any of my posts on the Mask of the Week Challenge, 100 Days of Lipstick, the Pan It Challenge or Empties threads will know I tend to write the worlds longest and in-depth reviews and thoughts. So hang tight, itโ€™s allllll in the spoiler ๐Ÿ˜‚

Spoiler

First impressions - the brush somewhat reminded me of the BTS, which doesnโ€™t have a tapered end and almost an hourglass shaped wand. There is a bit of a scent like @Samtian mentioned, but it isnโ€™t noticeable while on and itโ€™s familiar, so I think perhaps the BTS has a similar scent. The component itself is quite heavy and definitely feels luxe. As Iโ€™ve come to expect with Too Faced products, the packaging is stunning! I will admit it did take a second to get used to the shape, because Iโ€™m mainly used to using a true tube shape.

No mascara (or concealer clearly)No mascara (or concealer clearly)

No mascaraNo mascara

Spoiler

Application - it did go on a little chunky at first, but I think that was partially because I wasnโ€™t used to the wand, and partially because I had way too much product on. The brand indicated that itโ€™s a formula that shouldnโ€™t be pumped in the tube, so Iโ€™m chalking my initial mess up to inexperience with the formula. I immediately noticed how dark and thick my lashes looked, especially with multiple coats. It truly does pump up the volume, but was only so-so when it came to actual length. What I did love is that it was fairly weightless while on! Anyone who knows me knows that I definitely layer my mascara to get as close to a false lash look as possible. I tried that with this formula and was pleasantly surprised. It layered pretty well and I was happy with my final look. That being said - definitely wait till each coat is fully dry before adding another one. I made that mistake and ended up with a clumpy mess. I did apply to the lower lashes and didnโ€™t have a problem, although I can see where it may be difficult for others (I think it depends on your eye shape because the brush is so big).

One coatOne coat

One coatOne coat

Spoiler

Comparison to BTS - BTS definitely does more for me in terms of length, but I donโ€™t get the same volume. I think this is a great offering because thereโ€™s an option for people are looking for volume and arenโ€™t as concerned about length, although I did get some lengthening with the DG. I will definitely have to give this a few more tries before giving it a grade and deciding which formula works better for me, as the brushes are somewhat similar. I find the first few uses of a new BTS tube are a little meh for me (have no idea why!), so Iโ€™m gonna hold off on a true final thought on this new mascara until Iโ€™ve given it a fairer shot.

Top: BTS, Bottom: DGTop: BTS, Bottom: DG

Spoiler

Wear Test and Removal - this is said to be a 24 hour mascara. I wore it for about 12 hours. At the 12 hour mark there was no smudging or flaking, which I loved, especially because I got rained on multiple times LOL. There didnโ€™t seem to be any moving around of product. I could have worn it for longer and donโ€™t anticipate that there would be problems. Not that anyone should be wearing mascara for 24h on a regular day anyways. I used my Too Faced Mascara melt off, which I also use to remove my BTS. It came off really easily with limited pulling or tugging

Multiple coatsMultiple coats

My usual multiple coatsMy usual multiple coats

Final look for my day! Pre- getting rained onFinal look for my day! Pre- getting rained on

@cianni this mascara looks great on you.  Thank you for the review. 

@cianni your lashes look incredible!

@cianni your lashes look incredible!

That looks great @cianni!

Love your thorough and detailed review @cianni The pics are great. Thank you!

Yes to your super thorough review @cianni! I was planning on comparing the brush to BTS. Also thought about doing one eye with each at some point. You have this packed with info, I don't know that there will be much I can add. Wow about the rain. I will be testing how this handles a workout and I'm a super sweaty person so we'll see. Thanks for this!

@ShortErica Ohhh one eye with each would be an interesting comparison! Honestly my BTS used for this photo is pretty much done (I think I used it for about 2 months), so I couldnโ€™t do an on-eye comparison of both because the BTS is just so dry at this point ๐Ÿ˜‚ super interested to hear how it holds up during your workout!! Iโ€™m definitely a sweater too ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ and I canโ€™t always be bothered to fully remove my makeup before a workout if Iโ€™m coming from work, so Iโ€™m exciting to hear how it holds up!

YAY!!! Congrats on the gratis @sonnydee!!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts, and I especially want to know how it compares with the Better Than Sex mascara. 

great idea! @sephoraaddict918 I'll have to do that!

great idea! @sephoraaddict918 I'll have to do that!

RE: Thank you Sephora & Too Faced๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

@sonnydee Congratulations!! How awesome!!

thank you @caway! exciting gratis!

thank you @caway! exciting gratis!

@sonnydee Congrats on your gratis. 

thank you @SportyGirly125

thank you @SportyGirly125

@l8totheparty Thank you!

Conversation Stats
Photos20
  • Too Faced Gratis.jpg