Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've posted, but looks like I've been convinced to come back 😄 Hope you're all doing well!

Thanks so much to Sephora for the generous gift of of new goodies to test out! Can't wait to try it all and relay my thoughts.

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

Things in the box:

-Bite Beauty Liquified Lipstick in Candied (haven't tried the formula yet, but Bite usually doesn't let me down)

-Bumble & Bumble While you Sleep Overnight Damage Repair Mask and Save the Day Daytime Protective Repair Fluid (my hair has been kind of dry and frizzy lately, eager to see if these help)

-IGK Low Key  Cleansing Walnut Scalp Scrub (sounds like an interesting concept)

-Tory Burch Bel Azur Rollerball (smells pretty!)

-Urban Decay Naked Heat palette (almost purchased this with Ulta's 20% off but it ran out of stock as I was deciding. So excited to try it out, I haven't done an eye look in a while)

Please share if you received the same gift so we can all share our thoughts! 🙂

Re: Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

Jealous!

I second that

I second that

Finally finished sampling the items in the box, so coming back to update on the hair stuff:

IGK Low Key Walnut Cleansing Scalp Scrub

http://www.sephora.com/low-key-cleansing-walnut-scalp-scrub-P421942?skuId=1892710&icid2=igk_lp_whats...

This was very cooling and refreshing. It reminded me a lot of the one that Briogeo makes with charcoal and coconut. The peppermint was lovely on the scalp and the scrub did not overly dry my hair out, but I would use caution when adding water to lather it. I tipped my head the wrong way and got suds in my eye and unless you ever wanted to know what a minty eyeball feels like, that wasn't a good time. I also loved the scent of this; kind of floral and kind of coconutty.

BB Save The Day Daytime Protective Repair Fluid

http://www.sephora.com/bb-save-day-daytime-protective-repair-fluid-P421496?skuId=1977099&icid2=bumbl...

This was a very thin, lightweight consistency. To be completely honest, I didn't feel like it did too much, although it did seem to make my hair a bit more limp, but it was also very humid when I was trying it.  I'll keep using it to see if I start to notice results with more prolonged use, but as it stands I probably wouldn't purchase this myself.

BB While You Sleep Damage Repair Mask

http://www.sephora.com/bb-while-you-sleep-overnight-damage-repair-masque-P421497?skuId=1977115&icid2...

This was a very interesting mask. It had the texture of viili, a fermented yogurt product from Finland (very thick and stringy, almost) in the jar. Most overnight masks I expect to be oily/greasy but after massaging this into my hair, it ended up drying to an almost crunchy texture. The following morning when water hit it in the shower, it immediately liquified and melted away. Afterwards my hair felt very soft, silky and smooth. I do love the results of hair masks but always forget to use them, so I'm going to make more of an effort to use this because it felt really nice. Neither of the BB products had much of a discernible scent.

The new Tory Burch fragrance Bel Azur is amazing! It's so...

The new Tory Burch fragrance Bel Azur is amazing! It's so fresh and clean...very well balanced scent. It's also exclusive. 😁👍

You're so lucky! This is awesome! How did you get it? 

RE: Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

Wanted to come back and update on the Roger & Gallet products. Thank you again Sephora and Roger &Gallet!! The Fleur de Figuier hand and nail balm is a nice hand cream. It's a little figgy but also smells rosy to my nose. The product is a thicker consistency but absorbs very quickly and does not feel greasy. It does leave behind a slightly siliconey smoothness. The Osmanthus scented body wash is very strongly scented. It lathers well and rinses cleanly without leaving any residue. It does smell of Osmanthus but also has a kind of musky quality to it. I would probably repurchase this product but in one of the other scents. I've had to wait until my husband was away to test out the IGK hair scrub since he's super allergic to walnuts but I'm planning to do that [and the b&b products] this week.

Wow!   Congrats to @MK89 @jesscheems @heartsmyface @jemly @Mochapj and everyone else who received this awesome and generous gift from Sephora!   I am enjoying seeing the photos and looks! ❤️

Bite Candied:

bite candied.jpg

Horrible pose and lighting so please excuse.

Also Urban Decay Naked Heat on my eyes:

urban decay.jpg

I hope to play around more yet! The second picture is after the Bite had faded and I added some UD Revolution in Bittersweet overtop. I feel I can do something way nicer with the eyes yet but I haven't had a chance to play more with the palette. I will post more when I get a chance to create some different looks!

ALSO my face is super shiny because I overused/abused my NARS Banc De Sable that I gifted myself for my birthday earlier this month!

you look gorgeous and I adore the eye look!

you look gorgeous and I adore the eye look!

I tried the IGK Walnut Scrub for the first time a few days ago and here's my initial report.  First off I want to say I have never used a "hair scrub" before this one so I was a little shocked that the consistency was that of a rough sugar scrub.  Okay, okay, I  accepted that and globbed a good amount of it into my hair trying hard to work it into my scalp as per the instructions.  More difficult than I thought it would be cause my hair was fighting me.  I massaged my scalp for two minutes enjoying the scent of peppermint candy canes and rinsed.  It definitely worked to strip my hair of any and all residue and oils.  My hair was literally squeaky clean and felt stiff (it's super processed at the ends)and my scalp felt refreshed and cool.   I can see why they reccomend a hair mask to follow....   After a hair mask and rinse and air drying my hair felt so soft and fluffy.  Something I'm not used to with all the oil treatments and masking I do.

Overall, it does what it says it does.  If I hadn't just put a vibrant color in my hair then I'd be happy to clarify my scalp and rinse away product residue once a week with this.  

Really interesting! I'd been eyeing this up and may eventually give it a try. Usually I smother my hair in restoring and hydrating products, but it definitely leads to buildup. I really like the idea of using a scrub, but all I envision is tangles. 😛

@heartsmyface I haven't tried the IGK one but the Salt Scrub from Christophe Robin is really nice. It left my head squeaky clean but not dry. Too bad it's so expensive!

@makeitup305 I was given a sample of that by a friend and haven't ever got around to trying it.  Maybe when my hair is already faded out and I don't care as much, I'll give it a try.  Again, my hair is super processed near the ends so any clarifying product is going to make it feel stripped.  Up near my roots everything felt wonderful.  

The cost is a bit hefty but I guess it's supposed to last a while given you're not supposed to use it more than once weekly?  Meh.  I noticed I also have some Bumble and Bumble charcoal scrub samples.  At this rate I won't be needing to buy for a very long time. 

@heartsmyface I haven't tried the IGK but the salt scrub from Christophe Robin is really nice. I had that same squeaky feeling but not dry. Too bad it's so expensive!

RE: Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

Did one more look with the Naked Heat palette and have used it enough that I'm comfortable posting my thoughts on it. 

Spoiler
Ounce, Sauced, He Devil, En Fuego, Ashes, Lumbre

This has been my favourite look I've been able to do with the palette. The shadows for the most part are smooth and easy to work with, with the exception of my favourite shade in the palette, Lumbre.  It's a gorgeous metallic rose gold, but it doesn't pick up or apply well with a brush, even when spritzed to foil and it seems stiffer than the rest of the shadows. I tried applying it with a finger, too and wasn't able to build it up to the intensity I wanted.

The palette overall has fallout (as most UD products do) but it's not excessive and once you clean it up, it doesn't continue to fall throughout the day. I love warm toned shadows and I think the shades in this palette are lovely, however I do think there are a few extremely similar shades that could've been swapped out for something else (Dirty Talk vs Scorched, for instance). I also struggled a bit to come up with distinct looks using this palette mostly because on my medium olive skintone a lot of these subtle differences do not translate well. That said, as long as I chose distinct shade combos, it worked out well. I tried using some of the shades over a white base to make the differences pop more on my skintone but it dramatically changed the final results (mostly to pinks).

Overall I think it is a good palette and while I do wish it had a tiny bit more variety, I was able to create multiple looks with it, which is pretty much all I want in a palette 🙂

Re: RE: Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

ooo very pretty!!

Re: RE: Thank you Sephora, Bumble & Bumble, IGK, Bite, Tory Burch and Urban Decay!

Beautiful Mocha!  I'm so glad to hear a your thoughts on the palette.  I've gone back and forth about buying so many times, I'm making myself dizzy! I appreciate everyone's feedback!

@Mochapj I'm glad you're enjoying your palette:). He Devil is my favorite shade so far which is also the one I experience the most fallout with.  Patting motions help some.  

Edit- I just noticed your spoiler.  The colors look so nice with your complexion.  

Looooooooove

thank you!!

121 Replies
testing