Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

WOW thank you so very much @SephoraBIC@DrunkElephant@MaisonMargiela, Living Proof and @SoldeJaneiro for this amazing gratis that just arrived! I am looking so forward to trying out some new and exciting products and reporting back. The Maison is already in use...and is the perfect spicy-lemony scent I need for spring🍋🌱 Love the test strip included with the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Triple Detox Shampoo, I can already guess the condition of the water, so it's going to be fun to see the results! I have not tried the DE A-Passoni Retinol Cream yet, so after a bit more research on how to introduce my skin carefully to retinols (after a recent not-so-good intro :D), I will report back. So excited that a baby B-Hydra is included in this box as well! As for the new Coco Cabana...my skin is going to LOVE this hydration!

ETA: First DE Passioni exposure on Mask of the Week challenge thread:

Spoiler

WOW WOW WOW!!!WOW WOW WOW!!!Close-up.JPG 

Thank you @TeamBIC@KatieBT!!! Yep-I think this will help my hair!Yep-I think this will help my hair!

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

Same here @tastelikewater! I thought about having my husband open it for me and sending me a picture. 🙂

Re: THANK YOU Sephora, Drunk Elephant, Living Proof, Maison Margiela & Sol de Janeiro!!!

Congrats! So much great stuff.😝

@eshoe - Congratulations!  These products sound great, especially the Maison Margiela!

For some reason I'm unable to give you a heart.  I'll keep trying. 💖💖💖

I haven't been unable to give a heart either @Titian06 ! When I tried, an error page kept popping up. ARGH!!! 

WTH, hope do you get eligible for gratis?!

WTH, hope do you get eligible for gratis?!

Re: WTH, hope do you get eligible for gratis?!

@AbbyDawson22 Quality posts and how actively you engage with BIC count. TeamBIC takes notice. It's a little thank you and a chance to try out some new products/brands 🙂

Re: WTH, hope do you get eligible for gratis?!

@AbbyDawson22  All of us who have been chosen to receive gratis are simply active here, on the BIC! It doesn’t matter what tier you are. We all enjoy chatting and posting about products and our routines. It’s a great platform that allows us to indulge in our love for everything skin and Sephora. The Mods definitely pay attention. It’s not the reason why I’m here. Like I said, I’m obsessed with skincare and makeup and simply enjoy reading and posting when I have the time. I’m so grateful to have received some amazing product for testing and reviewing. Some have definitely become staples in my collection! Even non-beauty items like my BKR - Spiked Prenup Glass Water Bottle!

❤️❤️❤️

If I could ❤️ you twice for both of us, I would @Titian06 🥰

This is awesome @eshoe ! I received a message about a gratis that I will be recieving tomorrow! I wonder if it’s the same thing! I love everything about sephora and the BIC. ❤️❤️❤️

@darlyndar Congrats! Its always nice to receive those messages from the mods. 🙂 Hope you enjoy everything!

A little update as I am trying some of the products out. gratisLP.jpg

Spoiler

gratisbb.jpg

Spoiler

I just saw your update after submitting my comment about the shampoo. My hair gets pretty dry, so maybe I'll hold off on it until I see more reviews!

@eshoe - Your description of the Sol de Janeiro scent is the same as how others have described it on other threads on BIC.  I haven't tried it, I just thought I'd let you know your description appears to be on the money.

Thank you @Titian06. If you try it, I’d love to hear your thoughts😊

@eshoe  whoaaa what an amazing gratis!!! You are so lucky!

I have been wanting to try that Living Proof shampoo since it came out...(I wonder how it compares to Drybar's Charcoal On the Rock Clarifying Shampoo, which is great btw if anyone is looking for something that helps with removing product buildup).

The Sol de Janeiro looks nice too! Ive been meaning to check that out in person since I like their products as well. The consistency looks more "water" based...maybe similar to Belif's Aqua Bomb? 

Congrats on receiving a wonderful gift from Sephora! Enjoy 🙂 

Thank you so much @trishavt! The SDJ definitely has a more water-based consistency like you mentioned. I would test it out on your skin or pick up a smaller size before indulging in the bigger tub😉

@eshoe I wasn't really looking for a detox shampoo, but now that you've described this... I think I'll pick up the travel size to try out.  I don't use a ton of hair products, but I love the idea of having soft, light hair!

I totally agree with you about loving all of the SDJ products.  I'll likely grab this guy at some point as well.  I'm cool with a popcorn scent lol. 

I'm also super excited to get to an actual Sephora store to try out MM Under the lemon tree.  Your reviews are swinging me to *almost make a blind purchase of it!

@missjeanie I’m so scared to make blind purchases!!! They don’t always turn out but sometimes they do (most of my blind purchases are relegated to sheet masks, which...$3 lost isn’t that bad😄). If you like lemon and black pepper on your steaks, this one might be for you (and....it all goes back to food again, so sorry).

@eshoe oh I hear you... I'm a huge fan of reviews on BIC for exactly this reason... I'm 4/5 hours to the nearest Sephora and I rely heavily on what I hear from all of you!  Though I find most colour products I need to wait until I can get to a store.  I've blind purchased a few fragrances, most have worked out okay.  Though now that I say that.. the last Derek Lam that I bought blind wasn't all that...  Maybe I should wait on the fragrances until I get to a store lol.

Shades are hard @missjeanie; I stalk the lipstick thread to see how shades look on others largely to influence my own purchases. I’ve found out that your natural lip color has a huge impact on how a shade looks, though. So I don’t get upset when a product looks totally different on me, and I just wear it inside the house😄 

Thanks for the updates about your beauty experience @eshoe !! I took a sniff of the Coco Cabana during a Sephora run, and I was immediately turned off by the scent. For me, it smelled overly sweet and made me feel a little nauseated. Next time, I will rub some on my hands and see if it smells better on my skin.

testing